Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1783109 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 2/21 - END OF CHAPTER 3
« Reply #3060 on: February 21, 2015, 11:30:04 pm »

OH god I just remember a thing about DF. Don't people lose their belongings after they die and fall off their bodies? I say this because necromancy for the adventurer is running with a leper nudist colony like oh great you don't pick up Or wear the armor you died in.
so in other words darkerdaphil isn't dead... just knock out unconscious and misty dragged him all the way into the cold by his foot. but not like misty knows this. I bet if he wakes up and finds that apple seed, he won't place misty on his hitlist. rip cog/boot though.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: February 22, 2015, 12:31:53 am »

If the dead rise, let them be intelligent.

Darkerdaffodil: Try to screw with Misty by talking to her and try to convince her to willingly join the necromancer/the undead

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: February 22, 2015, 02:13:32 am »

Darkerdaffodil: Try to screw with Misty by talking to her and try to convince her to willingly join the necromancer/the undead

Agreed, but specifically the necromancer. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: February 22, 2015, 06:08:10 am »

OH god I just remember a thing about DF. Don't people lose their belongings after they die and fall off their bodies? I say this because necromancy for the adventurer is running with a leper nudist colony like oh great you don't pick up Or wear the armor you died in.
so in other words darkerdaphil isn't dead... just knock out unconscious and misty dragged him all the way into the cold by his foot. but not like misty knows this. I bet if he wakes up and finds that apple seed, he won't place misty on his hitlist. rip cog/boot though.
I mentioned that before about how the dead "lose their grip on" all their clothes/gear, leading to my description of a dorf as some sort of cross between a beard, a gimpy four-armed octopus, and far too many fingers.

As for myself.

Reg and Holt hijinks!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: February 22, 2015, 10:30:49 am »

Agreed, but specifically the necromancer. 
Indeed, joining the undead is significantly less fun.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: February 22, 2015, 10:45:23 am »

Necromancer: Reanimate the corpse of Darkerdaffodil because it is the first thing you see when you arrive, because it was not properly dumped.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: February 22, 2015, 12:45:58 pm »

I mentioned that before about how the dead "lose their grip on" all their clothes/gear, leading to my description of a dorf as some sort of cross between a beard, a gimpy four-armed octopus, and far too many fingers.

As for myself.

Reg and Holt hijinks!
I haven't checked, but I don't know that that's still the case with corpses and their stuff.

I'm game for some more Reg and Holt hijinks, but I still want to see things happen with Misty.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 22, 2015, 02:37:11 pm »

You dont have an active enough imagination!  It isn't octopus like tentacle arms/fingers that hold on those clothes!

It's PREHENSILE BODY HAIR. 

The tiny black hairs on every inch of their horrible dwarf bodies actively clutch at the fabric, and hold it on tightly.
This is also why they are able to grasp with a lower leg, and how they can mysteriously hold on to a weapon, a shield, two crutches, AND a mining pick, all at the same time!

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 22, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

-snip-

As for myself.

Reg and Holt hijinks!
I haven't checked, but I don't know that that's still the case with corpses and their stuff.

I'm game for some more Reg and Holt hijinks, but I still want to see things happen with Misty.
Yes, they do drop everything: a corpse is an item-thingy, and is not a container. Therefore, it cannot store clothing/equipment. The transformation from living to dead causes everything to be released.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3069 on: February 22, 2015, 05:51:10 pm »

I wonder... Misty needs to be alone? Perhaps... withdrawing from society?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: February 22, 2015, 06:53:44 pm »

Claim Magma Forge, demand candy, goat bone, sapphires, and silk.

PRODUCE MAGNIFICENT BATTLE-AXE CHEESESLICER ARTIFACT!

Elpis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: February 22, 2015, 07:54:28 pm »

Misty, claim a workshop and make a masterpiece to honor Darkerdaffodil’s memory (After all, making a masterpiece can’t be that hard, can it?) Pour your pain and grief into it! Depict your friendship with him and the senseless slaughter that followed so that the cruelty that happened this day will be remembered!

And if this happens I imagine the images will be interpreted wrong and the item tossed somewhere, but at least some emotional release might be good for her, right?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: February 22, 2015, 08:27:52 pm »

This is a masterwork engraving of the Elf Darkerdaffodil, and a dwarf in microcline. The dwarf is striking down Darkerdaffodil the elf with an arrow. In the corner is a masterful rendering of cheese in microcline.

Yes-- that's what misty needs to do.  Employ her 'Dabbling Engraver(Rusty)" skills clandestinely, and "Sign" all of her artwork with images of cheese.

Bard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: February 22, 2015, 09:22:45 pm »

Been following this for a couple of months now. I have to say that, after reading all that there was when I first found it, I was thrilled when I saw that the last post date was recent, and that TLCM was still an ongoing thing. It seems like every other time that I've found something cool that's DF related, it's already ancient history and long since concluded. Keep up the great work! :D

Misty: Try to sneak Darkerdaffodil's body down into the catacombs and appropriate a coffin to give him a proper burial. Maybe put a bag over his head on the way down, so that if there's anyone else alive in the catacombs (like, say, nuns delivering severed smith heads) they hopefully won't notice that it's an elf body. Elf or not, a friend deserves a better fate than the garbage pile.

It occurs to me that since the fortress is between overseers right now, there might not be an obvious person for people to complain to or check in with until the new one gets settled in. A hauler could probably get away with a *lot* right now, just by acting like they were supposed to be doing whatever it was that they were doing.

If, y'know, said hauler wasn't the absolute *worst* liar in the world, like certain cheesemakers that spring to mind.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: February 22, 2015, 10:27:45 pm »

I just finished blitzing through the story. Ohohohohoho! You've got yourself another viewer. I need to come to this part of the forum more often.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 348