Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1779662 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker-Update 4/27
« Reply #3375 on: April 27, 2015, 07:27:59 am »

One ripped armor arm and sword on the shoulder, Reg is going to be a legendary badass by the end of the story.

Holt: Take advantage of the time off to construct a makeshift splint.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:31:05 am by Boltgun »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: April 27, 2015, 07:36:07 am »

"Unless of course this is a natural cave"
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3377 on: April 27, 2015, 07:45:45 am »

I hate to say it, but if the sun is setting, you'll not get perfectly straight-down sunlight like that. Top picture shows the sun at the horizon, the shadow should fall in a steep angle. Second picture shows Reg & Holt next to the hole, the sun shines through it in a 90° angle to the floor, so it's around noon.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SEM58

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:18 am »

I hate to say it, but if the sun is setting, you'll not get perfectly straight-down sunlight like that. Top picture shows the sun at the horizon, the shadow should fall in a steep angle. Second picture shows Reg & Holt next to the hole, the sun shines through it in a 90° angle to the floor, so it's around noon.

Perhaps it's not sunlight, but just Inside Light Above Ground

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: April 27, 2015, 10:15:01 am »

Cover hole with make shift hatch so the buggie men can't get 'cha
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: April 27, 2015, 10:31:33 am »

Bend that sheath back into shape, it could be a useful blunt object

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:08 am »

Kobold: Suddenly appear
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: April 27, 2015, 05:46:06 pm »

*facepalms* Reg is dangerous enough to herself and everyone around her when she has someplace to keep her sword OTHER than in her hand. If someone says 'kobold', there's that much less time now to get to minimum safe distance before the ensuing storm of random stabby flailing.

I don't know... I think the fight with the night beast may have been transformative.  Is she still going to flail around blindly?  Not only can she see better now, but that kind of battle is how warriors are born. 

excellent new post, I only had seen the first image.  Definitely worth the wait :)

ooooh!

Kobold family shows up from a side tunnels, give the dwarves profuse thanks for freeing them from the terror of the horrific monster!

hamster cheese supplies are low

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: April 27, 2015, 05:59:05 pm »

Team Holt will discover a downward passage. And a deep tunnel leading to ShieldDawn.
+1  The third cavern layer on the ShieldDawn map is dangerous and unexplored.  Somehow Misty winds up down there and meets with team Holt.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 2/21 - END OF CHAPTER 3
« Reply #3384 on: April 27, 2015, 05:59:12 pm »

Kobold: Suddenly appear

*facepalms* Reg is dangerous enough to herself and everyone around her when she has someplace to keep her sword OTHER than in her hand. If someone says 'kobold', there's that much less time now to get to minimum safe distance before the ensuing storm of random stabby flailing.

I don't know... I think the fight with the night beast may have been transformative.  Is she still going to flail around blindly?  Not only can she see better now, but that kind of battle is how warriors are born. 

excellent new post, I only had seen the first image.  Definitely worth the wait :)

ooooh!

Kobold family shows up from a side tunnels, give the dwarves profuse thanks for freeing them from the terror of the horrific monster!

After rereading the first two chapters, it occurs to me that the Necromancer might not really be all that evil after all? I mean... He was just using zombies as labor because zombies don't have feelings and what-not. Kind of like how we use robots. Granted, there's no telling exactly why he was building the road, but still...

EDIT: At some point, we should also have Reg actually encounter a kobold and take pity on it because of how gaunt and pathetic it is. Maybe even take it with her after slaughtering its entire family or something if it's very young.

+With kobolds' crazy fast life-cycle, it'll be an angsty teenager by the end of a year and a bitter conflicted adult with identity problems by the end of another.
<hipster>I had this idea before it was cool. </hipster>

That said, eS, this would be the perfect time for kobolds! :D

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: April 27, 2015, 06:08:01 pm »

After rereading the first two chapters, it occurs to me that the Necromancer might not really be all that evil after all? I mean... He was just using zombies as labor because zombies don't have feelings and what-not. Kind of like how we use robots. Granted, there's no telling exactly why he was building the road, but still...

EDIT: At some point, we should also have Reg actually encounter a kobold and take pity on it because of how gaunt and pathetic it is. Maybe even take it with her after slaughtering its entire family or something if it's very young.

+With kobolds' crazy fast life-cycle, it'll be an angsty teenager by the end of a year and a bitter conflicted adult with identity problems by the end of another.

I DM'ed a DnD game where that happened. They named him Derp and trained him to be a wizard. He was eventually frozen solid by a Cryohydra, and dubbed Derpsicle.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: April 27, 2015, 07:43:42 pm »

I love it when dnd groups do thsi, like with the goblin turned party member name thineous who later had his heart eaten by my sisters char....fun times!

I DM'ed a DnD game where that happened. They named him Derp and trained him to be a wizard. He was eventually frozen solid by a Cryohydra, and dubbed Derpsicle.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker-Update 4/26
« Reply #3387 on: April 28, 2015, 02:27:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have no idea what you're talking about, Meph. >.>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3388 on: April 28, 2015, 06:18:15 am »

Nevermind, my mistake.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: April 28, 2015, 06:30:40 am »

(•_•) I'm sure you're not the first person to be fooled...
( •_•)>⌐■-■ by a trick of the light.
(⌐■_■)
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 348