Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1783933 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 2/26
« Reply #4335 on: March 01, 2016, 02:01:31 am »

Oh wait, this is DF. Nevermind. If we're truly going the "Star Wars" route, Misty ought to find some mortal danger a mentor very soon. Just like Star Wars, right?

Darkerdaffodil already told her the ways of The Force and then died.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: March 01, 2016, 02:56:02 am »

if misty jump from her version of Dwarf fortress which I think was 31.xx or something way back, to 42.xx we be in a whole new ballgame.
mostly we have all the masterwork races intermingled in one fort just from that tavern.
misty would have to deal with drunk orks, non-sober gnomes, hangovered sorcerers. maybe a demonlady or two depending on how crazy we going to add those masterwork civs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: March 01, 2016, 07:00:17 am »

You are suddenly aware that you don't actually know how to make cheese.

But... Misty told the Overseer that she was a Novice Cheesemaker, which means she had at least 500 exp in Cheesemaking. Unless she lied?

Probably just has all those labors turned off.  The last Overseer likely did it when assigning Misty to hauling duty.  So:

[V]iew, [p]references, [l]abor, Farming/Related, enable Cheese Making and Milking.

[Q]uery the Farmer's Workshop, [a]dd new task, [m]ilk animal, [r]epeat.

Wait for a notice about canceling Milk Animal: No creature, then go for the make [c]heese task on [r]epeat.

It's a start.  And Cowsea doesn't look to be the closest cow, so Misty will get above zero-experience Dabbling in Milking before imposing on the deity.
You probably need Cowsea to enable the labors.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: March 01, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »

If I understand the general quasi-consensus, Misty should go milk Cowsea, right?  I'm gonna try to update tonight so I wanna be sure.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: March 01, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »

If I understand the general quasi-consensus, Misty should go milk Cowsea, right?  I'm gonna try to update tonight so I wanna be sure.
There's at least 10 people directly for it, including me, and another few dozen who'd find it funny.

Cowsea: At first be flattered, but then get indignant when you realize you're being milked like some common bovine. Maybe curse Misty with the "odor of cheese".

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: March 01, 2016, 05:12:55 pm »

Cowsea: At first be flattered, but then get indignant when you realize you're being milked like some common bovine. Maybe curse Misty with the "odor of cheese".

No, no, Curse her to be a Were-cheese! She turns into a giant, sentient cheese once a month. Delicious.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:07 pm »

No, no, Curse her to be a Were-cheese! She turns into a giant, sentient cheese once a month. Delicious.

A giant cheese wheel, after all, she's Mistem Wheeldream. Besides, that way she has mobility by rolling around the fort! She can kill people by rolling over them like that one movie about the possessed tire.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: March 01, 2016, 09:55:04 pm »

I feel like I should ask about the possessed tire but this is neither the time nor the place.

While milky Cowsea, chuckle to yourself about the gay beetle jail, apologize when Cowsea gets offended about you laughing at her udders.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: March 02, 2016, 12:25:44 am »

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: March 04, 2016, 04:46:55 am »

A giant cheese wheel, after all, she's Mistem Wheeldream. Besides, that way she has mobility by rolling around the fort! She can kill people by rolling over them like that one movie about the possessed tire.

The movie is Rubber, and no, the tire killed them with his mind.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: March 04, 2016, 04:51:18 am »

Oh. That makes it a lot weirder and slightly more interesting. Thanks for correcting me.

Also give Misty mind powers.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: March 04, 2016, 10:48:57 am »

Oh. That makes it a lot weirder and slightly more interesting. Thanks for correcting me.

Also give Misty mind powers.

And/Or the power of Necromancy. She can resurrect her lovely little elf-toy then.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: March 05, 2016, 05:54:56 am »

I thought we all agreed on tyromancy or cheesebending.
Although, the dictionary definition of "tyromancy" appears to be "divination with the aid of cheese". Which is also fine. You already knew that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:56:45 am by Silverybearded »
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Skully

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs more Cthulu. And foxes. Always more foxes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: March 06, 2016, 01:58:16 am »

Do you mean Rubber? Cuz I'm pretty sure in that one the tire blows people's heads up with telekinesis.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 348