Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1785349 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 3/14
« Reply #4380 on: March 18, 2016, 04:06:12 pm »

It is a little-known fact that dwarven cheese cultures are stored in the beards, socks and mittens of dwarves.

I bet it's somewhere in the farmer's workshop.  Look for cheese cultures in the farmer's workshop.

Put the milk into the bucket, take the bucket to the station, utilize the attached cheese tool that other dwarves use to make cheese in a day. Maybe be meticulous and try to get a high quality cheese.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: March 20, 2016, 01:23:04 am »

great update and great fanart too :D
hamster cheese supplies are low

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: March 20, 2016, 07:11:37 am »

Rat: be Catten (lol), the owner of the butchery.

(new versions ftw)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:33:35 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4383 on: March 20, 2016, 07:25:01 am »

Just letting you know that I'm still coming by to read this. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: March 22, 2016, 03:05:38 am »

put off reading this for forever, PTW

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: March 22, 2016, 11:16:47 pm »

put off reading this for forever, PTW

Well it's about dang time,  then :P

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: March 24, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »

read this initially way back before Misty left the Mountainhomes... came back recently to find that Reg is actually my favorite character...

And also:
Misty: Double check to see if Cowsea remembers what the conversation was about, in case Cowsea actually does remember.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: March 25, 2016, 07:20:29 am »

Misty: Double check to see if Cowsea remembers what the conversation was about, in case Cowsea actually does remember.

I'm pretty sure neither Cowsea nor Misty is going to remember to pursue this bit of ominous foreshadowing concerning the queen until the day Misty returns to the mountainhome to meet with the queen, who will turn out to be a vampire demon necromancer night creature or something.  Then she'll be all "Oh, this is what Cowsea was trying to warn me about!"
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: March 25, 2016, 05:15:30 pm »

Spoiler alert.  Cowsea was trying to warn her that the queen is made of cheese and presenting her a wheel of freshly made cheese is the same as presenting an elf a carved wooden figurine of a tree being chopped down. 

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: March 25, 2016, 06:26:44 pm »

Reminds me of a Forgotten Beast composed of salt, who was unfortunately eaten bite by bite by kobolds.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: March 25, 2016, 10:40:09 pm »

Spoiler alert.  Cowsea was trying to warn her that the queen is made of cheese and presenting her a wheel of freshly made cheese is the same as presenting an elf a carved wooden figurine of a tree being chopped down.

That's a joke right? Because if not... Well, I'll probably laugh my ass off either way.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: March 26, 2016, 07:42:57 pm »

$50 dorfbucks says the Queen is actually a kobold with great bluff, persuasion, comedy, and mime skills who got caught trying on the crown and other accoutrements of office but was able to play it off through dumb luck and has remained in power, skulking around the throne room wondering what the hell is going on for years now.

Everybody agrees that her lack of crazy demands, thoughtful nature, and willingness to defer to the wisdom of her court made her the best monarch in recent memory.

All hail Queen Jribulis!

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: March 26, 2016, 11:34:37 pm »

$50 dorfbucks says the Queen is actually a kobold with great bluff, persuasion, comedy, and mime skills who got caught trying on the crown and other accoutrements of office but was able to play it off through dumb luck and has remained in power, skulking around the throne room wondering what the hell is going on for years now.

Everybody agrees that her lack of crazy demands, thoughtful nature, and willingness to defer to the wisdom of her court made her the best monarch in recent memory.

All hail Queen Jribulis!

I love it.  It's a well known fact that if your bluff skill is high enough, you don't need any other skill
hamster cheese supplies are low

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: March 27, 2016, 08:14:43 am »

You should...

You have found an eerie cavern.
... Find another farmer's workshop.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: March 27, 2016, 04:21:07 pm »

All hail Queen Jribulis!
There's a line between what's funny and what's stupid. That went over the line in the general direction of stupidity, and kept on going so far that it looped back around to being in the funny zone again, possibly taking a detour through "has to be true" territory. Unfortunately, it kept on going and went back into stupid territory where Ravenousambush The Deadly Majesty, a Jungle Titan that takes the form of a colossal fire breathing leopard with 8 legs and 6 eyes, swatted it down.

Clearly, the queen is just an ardent worshipper of Bloody Stonetusk who cannot tolerate differences in culture, lifestyle or appearance, is completely closed-minded and never changes her mind after forming an initial idea, disdains even the best advice of associates and family, relying strictly on her own counsel and tends to be a little tight with resources when working on projects. A long time ago, she realized that turning milk into cheese was an inefficient way of increasing the average value of the food supply so she decreed that it would simply never be done in Shielddawn again. Cowsea is warning us that the queen won't be very receptive to our gift which we made ourselves in her fort. In fact she might be offended....

But enough of that. Misty, go milk 4 more cows so that you can make a stack of 5 cheese in one job.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 348