Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1784410 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 9/15
« Reply #4500 on: October 26, 2016, 06:20:02 pm »

Very nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:41 pm »

Great job, but might count as a spoiler?
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: October 29, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »

Great job, but might count as a spoiler?
True.. But if you have reached this far into the thread, chances are that you have seen/read that bit already.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: October 29, 2016, 04:26:45 pm »

FANART FOR THE FANART THRONE!
One wheel short of a wagon

clemtine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: October 30, 2016, 02:11:07 am »

Hey guys.

I would like to apologize for disappearing so suddenly and without warning.  Over the past few months I've found myself having trouble enjoying things that I've normally enjoyed or finding the motivation to do anything, and that included TLCM.  Every time I sat down to finish the update I found myself dreading drawing it, and the whole...process, really.  It seemed like a chore rather than a hobby.  A week-long break became a month, and after a month it just...stretched on, and I've drawn pretty much nothing since the last update - TLCM related or not.  During the past few weeks I've slowly started picking up my pen again, and I gotta say it feels...better.  I don't know if I can keep to a weekly/semi-weekly schedule, but I think I could do shorter, sporadic updates.

Again, I'm really sorry for dropping out like that.  I do plan to finish this Act of the story, which includes this chapter and three more.  I think I'll take another break then, and see if the story warrants continuing.  Until then, I'll make sure Misty's adventure continues to the end of her arc.

Viva Plumpy.

It sounds like you might be suffering from depression. I can't say for sure, only you and a doctor or counselor can really figure that out. I just want you to know you're not alone, losing interest and or pleasure from things you've enjoyed in the past happens. I am glad you've picked TLCM back up again. I hope it's something you keep getting enjoyment out of. Please, if you feel alone, apathetic or like most things you love just aren't worth doing anymore, talk to a person you trust and who cares about you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: October 30, 2016, 03:37:20 am »

Sounds like a bit of anxiety too given the mention of dread and the like--not necessarily even connected to the act but something 'associated with it' :<

Cheers to you eS; we understand here--it'll help if you got people over there to go to, a counselor, therapist, or other professional can really help you there.
But you've got friends here (and there) to talk to too, and this thread will be ok if or when you get back at it--extra thanks for the update, and wishing you well :)

Quickedit: Oh goodness that was a month ago! Oops ._. I didn't read up...

@Nopal: That is one beautiful fanart ;~; Really gives the tone of the feeling of when that had happened.

Nopal

« Reply #4506 on: November 01, 2016, 08:42:59 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:20:58 pm by Nopal »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: November 02, 2016, 07:39:33 am »

My fanart is based on this cover
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nice job!

It also bears a passing resemblance to
Spoiler: Oh yeah! (click to show/hide)

... which may or may not have been based on a comic superhero.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: November 02, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »

Why is her bed made out of stone?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You put the figurine in your backpack and spend several minutes contemplating your bed.  Like most beds made for the common masses, it's made out of stone block.  It is incredibly uncomfortable.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: November 02, 2016, 04:02:21 pm »

Jecowa, she lives in Masterwork DF, which has stone beds.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: November 08, 2016, 06:29:30 pm »

PTW  :)  Just found out about this yesterday.

I just counted. I have 7 cheesemakers in my fortress... all of them... um dabbling.  You only get a cheese making job every month, so I think I need to appoint a head cheesemaker if I want one of them to become legendary.  I will see who has the passion for it :-)

I have really enjoyed the comic so far.  I stayed up until midnight reading it.  ES, don't stress too much about it.  Long term projects like this have their ups and downs.  You can get burned out from time to time, or you can find other things that strike your interest -- leaving you with too little time for your original project.  In my experience, it's best to do as you have done and take a holiday -- for as long as you want/need.

I agree that Misty needs help from Plumpy.  Lemon juice will produce a cheese with very small curds and it will be unsatisfactory.  What she needs is renin.  As it turns out, some *fungus* has been genetically engineered to produce renin... I'm just saying...  After that, you  need to slowly heat the milk.  As the renin heats up, it breaks down, releasing acid.  This slow, steady, even release of acid is what allows the milk to curdle with large curds.

Edit: I just realised that my information is redundant and was already discussed.  That's what I get for reading at midnight :-P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:54:19 am by mikekchar »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: November 09, 2016, 10:01:26 am »

We don't know how evicted Saint chooses which suggestions to incorporate into the story, but it's quite possible that repeated suggestions carry more weight.  So redundancy is not necessarily useless.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: November 09, 2016, 11:17:31 am »

PTW because this is awesome.

Seriously, everything about this is awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: November 11, 2016, 12:00:35 am »

We don't know how evicted Saint chooses which suggestions to incorporate into the story, but it's quite possible that repeated suggestions carry more weight.  So redundancy is not necessarily useless.
From memory, there's a similarity of characteristics in the suggestions that get in :O Though in my opinion from that, it's usually 'the theme from DF that's generally agreeable (as DF makes for good storytelling with details)', ' a reasonable plot point that is within reason for the characters to do', and 'the general consensus of the people as long as it's not off character and very unreasonable'. (Like that one blacksmith who got his head lopped off >_< It was within reason but... :-[)

Though direct hammyness won't be that much incorporated...at the present time, usually. :P Seems like ES is a narrator that saves these things in his plans too. But that's just me and my thoughts. I've been loving all this thus far.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: November 11, 2016, 07:53:35 pm »

Based on what Tiruin has said, I'm hoping that "having Plumpy help make the cheese" meets the criteria.

Wait a minute. Did you guys know that Masterwork DF has "cheese men." Yup, just looked it up in the raws, definitely cheese men in the game.

Plumpy appears when the cheese making fails. He adds plump helmet juice to the bucket, and with the blessings of Cowsea, the two of them create a heroic Cheese Man, Avatar of Cowsea!
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 348