Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1783526 times)

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/11
« Reply #4845 on: December 25, 2017, 03:28:35 am »

"The next time you see me, every dwarf in Shielddawn will be a follower of Cowsea!"
Did anyone else notice that this will technically become true if Misty is the last survivor in Shielddawn? You know, Dwarf Fortress and all...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: December 25, 2017, 03:53:21 am »

It doesn't say "every living dwarf" so it would come down to precise definitions. I mean, if it came down to every item with "dwarf" as an adjective, then that is a lot of chunks to clean up... but reasonably only worship-capable entities count, so you should be good on that count. There are still some issues of definition though. I mean, it is possible she is already the only dwarf there, assuming that vampires don't count...

Also, as fond as I am for the concept of Bessy getting a beard stuck to her face, evictedSaint asked for a dwarf, and now I am reconsidering, and thinking that maybe evictedSaint's avatar-text is more concerning than weird's... not that I can complain with the soul-crushing void of my own avatar-space.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tapk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: February 28, 2018, 12:51:27 am »

Its strange that THIS thread is silent for two months. Well, while it is, i have a suggestion for the Queen herself! I'm sorry if any grammar mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.

Once a Queen came to my fortress. Usually a monarch from a Mountainhome comes with a numerous retinue, that one was alone. Sodel Zaludalath Enas Titthal (Sodel Futurebolt The Doctrine of Playing), the Vampire Queen. More then 470 years old, more then a thousand kills. I really wonder what was her path to the crown.
I have neither saves nor screenshots left from that game, only one picture from Therapist. (Therapist shows her as a mayor but that's because she became a mayor too.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A Queen is a Queen. She got her royal chambers and a tomb, of course (not that she really needed any, but prestige and traditions are everything for dwarf, even for a vampire dwarf). I gave her a crossbow and five hunting dogs, she loved to hunt different local creatures. Oh, and dwarfs too sometimes. A Queen's bounty, as I called it. She wasn't the lazy one (like my duchess for example) and even designed my buildings (I considered an architect job appropriate for the Queen). It lasted for four or five years.
I decided to get rid of forgotten beasts in sealed caverns (about 15 of them with different risk levels). I was quite a noob back then and decided to use good old doortrap with upright spears. It was almost a success. I killed almost all of them, but then...
I dig the tunnel to one of remaining beasts at the bottom of third cavern, the harrier made of flames. There was nothing to do in caverns for common haulers, i forbade all refuse or spiderweb gathering for the time. But what i didn't forseen that the Queen on the surface was bored from hunting usual boars and badgers, she was searching for challenge and she found it. At the bottom of third caverns level she smelled (well, sensed wit her vampire superpowers) a jabberer. Oh yes, that was a decent prey. She decended there before i could lock that damn door.
Just imagine a picture. A third cavern layer, carbonized bloodthornes everywhere, a thick layer of smoking ashes on the floor (beast caused constant fires in there), and from a manhole in the wall appears a legendary Vampire Queen - pale skin, sharp teeth, vampire appearance, artifact adamantine crown (i had a couple in a fortress, so she really could wear them). Masterpiece steel crossbow on her shoulder, steel bolts in the quiver. It is not impenetrable darkness in the cavern - pale gleams of fire dancing on the walls. She raises her head and sees a giant fire bird seven levels above.
One! A steel bolt rips off a bird's leg!
Two! A harrier screams in pain and falls down!
Three! While falling the beast spits a fireball which strikes just in the place where the Vampiress is standing!
Four! The Queen shoots another bolt that hits falling bird in the chest and the harrier explodes into pieces!
Five! Fire splatter flies asunder over walls and terraces of the cavern!
Six! Smoke clouds the whole scene.
Then smoke clears away a bit, the Queen turned into the living (undead?) torch comes out the fire, ascends the cavern ramp towards the forgotten beast's remains, says something with a scary grin and... falls down scattered in ashes.
Really, not even a corpse remained on the ground. I drowned her five dogs and buried them in her tomb, near her empty artifact coffin and a masterpiece memorial slab with her last words. "It is good hunting."

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #4849 on: May 07, 2018, 10:21:07 am »

How's progress going on this?
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: May 07, 2018, 10:43:41 am »

I've been distracted down in the lower forums -_-

TLCM isn't dead, just sleeping, I promise.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #4851 on: May 07, 2018, 10:58:26 am »

I've been distracted down in the lower forums -_-
Yer I basically only ever really post down there eheh.

All good. Hope you doing well btw.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 07, 2018, 12:23:48 pm »

The cheese will simply age in the meantime, improving its quality.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 07, 2018, 02:04:20 pm »

mmm aged gouda
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: May 07, 2018, 03:30:05 pm »

But it must be aged in a healthy environment. If just left to rot in a pit it shall grow gnarled and foul. Unfortunately I don't have any fanart to feed it.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 07, 2018, 08:10:42 pm »

There is still so much that can happen to our dear Misty from here, Gobbo siege, HFS, FB, endless possibilities. Hell, taverns have been added since this started, she could marvel at the new invention of taverns, libraries, or even temples
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 09, 2018, 10:48:56 pm »

Thought I'd post this here as a thank you for the series so far.  I've invented/discovered a way to make a cheese without rennet (or really any other obscure equipment, ingredients).  It's meant to be a natural rind cheese and I've been aging it for almost 2 weeks now in my fridge.  Yes, just like the series, I haven't tasted it yet, so it might be awful.  But I'm hoping it's not.  I call it Mistem cheese :-)

Recipe is in the spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 09, 2018, 11:34:35 pm »

We need some characters from some of the "if bay12 were a mountain home" RPs.

I vote either yours or Corai's
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 09, 2018, 11:55:38 pm »

Unfortunately I don't have any fanart to feed it.
Recipe is in the spoiler
That... is perfect.
Read the First Post!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 11, 2018, 12:20:20 pm »

TLC has now inspired an actual cheese. I feel like you might be good at this, ES.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 348