Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767567 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story)
« Reply #525 on: April 13, 2014, 08:11:19 am »

On subject of messed up family trees, if someone comes to get her, Misty could grab a random orphan and claim that (s)he's her bastard half sibling that the duke dumped in a migrant wave years ago.
If she's part kobold this means either someone in the fort married a Kobold and they had a child(the Fire imp/dwarf Clause), or the Kobold Transformed into a dwarf and married into a healthy life(the Olon Toolpalace Cat/Dwarf/Adventurer Clause) both are super rare though Misty needs to have a female dwarf to at least look Dwarven so either her dad was a warrior kobold they kept due to murdering some Forgotten beast in their caves thus deemed a hero in their eyes(and became duke what I written before was when I didn't know the plot twist), OR Mother gave birth in dwarf form and Misty just has to deal with several Kobold holidays on top of Kobold Cousins and Maybe A Kobold Brother?(slightly more likely now knowing she was told she had no mother...) So she might be hiding Kobold ears under her hat.

Oh Kobold Citizens Can't open locked doors on their own, that's left for Adventurers, visitors, Non Fort mode controlled Units. That's not going into the Mechanism locked door Territory which says a lot about the Duke.

Oh yeah Kobolds could be civil in Masterworks and have an entire Fort mode faction towards them.

So with this knowledge her dad must have kept this a secret due to political reasons and not being screw out of Royalty because he sullied the Royal line with Kobolds.
I would have guessed she was a human child over a Kobold just based on the fact that she is 12 and already as tall as the other adult migrants. Then again, maybe dwarves reach their maximum adult height at that age? The littlest cheesemaker, eh? hmm...

Well... are human-dwarf hybrids possible? Maybe the Duke had a thing for tall women...
well there are frost giants...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:16:17 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 13, 2014, 08:13:57 am »

Solid theory

THIS would have been a funny April Fools. Canceling was way too obvious.

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2014, 07:07:52 pm »

Moar fan art! Just to take us off the topic of kobolds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2014, 09:30:51 pm »

Moar fan art! Just to take us off the topic of kobolds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awww... that poor plump helmet man. Also, nice Reg and Holt.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #529 on: April 14, 2014, 01:10:52 am »

Damnit raul351, that's too cute. I`m gonna have a heartattack at this rate.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2014, 10:03:17 am »

Guys we can solve this!

>Examine self for signs of Koboldness, then ask the others if you're a Kobold. Oh, and still check inventory.
Take a closer look at this text!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 14, 2014, 11:51:46 am »

Well, actually you probably do, but you don't remember her. You're adopted.  The Duke says that your parents were killed during a raid in the War, so he took you in.  There were so many dead that no one knew their names.
Hmm wonder why this idea got more following. I missed a the bit about her having no parents and was an Orphaned Kobold mutant dwarf baby.
drew another Misty The MoominKoboldest Cheesemaker. and some of those antmen we seen digging through to the old fort and Reg.

if anyone wonder what the image above that was crop out it's a slugman being kicked. Long story

Oh one more thing we better not start pointing fingers at the migrant wave we just joined that would be rude.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:59:43 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:43 pm »

Hmm... Misty could tell her eventual pursuers that the duke is actually a demon that was going to sacrifice her on her 12th birthday. Why did they think misty wanted out so badly?
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 14, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »

Because, she wants to learn the great secrets of cheesemaking from all other corners of the world and acquire the legendary Book of Cheese.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2014, 12:56:22 pm »

Because, she wants to learn the great secrets of cheesemaking from all other corners of the world and acquire the legendary Book of Cheese.
Is that like the Necronomicon for cheese?
Take a closer look at this text!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 14, 2014, 01:09:35 pm »

Is that like the Necronomicon for cheese?
Yes, but after three failed attempts to make a pun, that's what you get. :)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2014, 01:41:08 pm »

Just to be sure, I should clarify that what I mentioned is something Misty might lie about in the face of people who want to bring her back. Of course she's looking for the fetaous Brie of the Dead.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:42:59 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2014, 02:04:04 pm »

Fat, Curd, Whey, Casein  these are the 4 major elements that Cheesemakers harness to make cheese.
split into 4 groups or Sects with their own Style of cheese craft.

Fat Makers use the oils from the fat of the milk to shame and split the milk into Cheese
Curd Makers push the Curd from the milk drying it in seconds to make Cheese
Whey Makers flow the residue from the milk brewing liquid cheese
Casein Makers mess with the Proteins in the milk causing it to take a form of floaty Cheese

There was Told state that one who could harness all 4 styles of cheesemaking thus becoming The Avaxtskyr.
"body swapping and YOU!"

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2014, 02:54:43 pm »

You catch up to the plump helmet man.

Hey there! you say.  Gosh, you're a plump helmet man?  That's so amazing! You tell him that you'd never seen a plump helmet man up close before.  They're usually locked away in the slaughter pens next to the butcher shop; the most you'd ever seen of a plump helmet man before was cooked into a particularly decadent roast!

The plump helmet man, in true plump helmet man fashion, doesn't speak.

Gosh, so, you were thinking, you know, about how it's such a long trip from here to ShieldDawn.  Really long!  Maybe even a day and a half!  It's really too long for a sweet, young, delicate dwarven maiden such as yourself to walk the whole way.  Maybe, you know, you can get a ride?  Like, maybe you can ride the plump helmet man like some sort of noble steed!  Arrive to the Great Fortress in style, in true Cheesemaker fashion!  You'll even give him a cool name, too! Super Plumpy Plumphelmetman!  Gosh, isn't that a cool name!?  So, what do you think?  Can you get a ride?

Hey there! you say.  So you're an engineer, huh?

Yeah! he says.  He tells you his name is Cog Uristsodel, and that he's actually a machine operator; perhaps the most noble of the engineering professions.  For without his expertise at operating a cork screw and steam engine, many fortresses would go without water, or even elaborate magma-based traps!  For how could a water-based binary computer operate without the essential pump stack, or the power provided by the dangerous and unreliable steam engines?  How would dwarfkind even do something as trivial as drain the oceans?  And HOW, pray tell, would these pumps even get built without the careful, masterful knowledge that only comes from years and years of pump-stack operations?!

You agree that his profession is a noble one indeed.

So, he asks, why are you going to ShieldDawn?

Well, you reply, you've always wanted to go to a Great Dwarven Fortress and ply your trade as a Cheesemaker!  And ShieldDawn is about as Great of a Fortress as you can get!  Soon everydwarf shall know the name of Misty Wheeldream, the greatest dwarven Cheesemaker who ever lived!  It is at ShieldDawn, you say, that you shall make your mark upon the world and fulfill your dreams.

He says that's an admirable goal indeed.

You thank him and ask why he's going to ShieldDawn.

Oh, he says.  He's just going to visit his twin sister, Sesh Uristsodel.

Ah, you say.  I see.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:02:31 pm by evictedSaint »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2014, 02:58:44 pm »

So my internet's been down for about a week, so that sucks.  This is the first chance I've had to get this uploaded; hopefully I'll get it fixed here soon.

Also, I am in absolute love with the fan art you guys have made and all the little comments.  It's all glorious; absolutely glorious and I have each piece of art saved to my harddrive with loving care. -w- 

You guys are about the best fans I could have ever asked for.  Thank you so much for your patience and enthusiasm; I'm not sure I could do this story without your support.  I love each and every one of you. <3
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 348