Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767469 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story)
« Reply #585 on: May 07, 2014, 03:16:03 pm »

Wars? Enemy races? BoatMurdered? Requested goods and services, particularly any related to cheese?
Awesome, if they're in the Boatmurdered universe, that means Spearbreakers should be somewhere, too. :D
this is in the Meth mod universe... the talks of Orks, Nuns, and the golden chest in the ground seems to be the case.

Well, there is of course no rule to Boatmurdered or SpearBreakers. In my own opinion, they are Multiversal and Causality-Persistent. In any universe in which there is Dwarf Fortress, there will eventually be, given time and magma, a group of such fortresses.

Because really, who wants to live in a universal plane of reality without good old BoatMurdered?
now now I just said it's Masterworks, I didn't go and burst the bubble of folks pulling levers and stopping undead elephants with molton rock/metal. Just that now there's a case of that happening when an necromancer/warlock strolls by a fort. Also those Orks also can jump into a war blimp and fly around looking for towns to pillage kidnapping folks via Fulton balloons then there's also Gnomes who more in tune with nature than the elves and run around being half clockborgs. To sum up this ramble, there's LOADS of HFS in Masterworks Misty might stumble into to be the best Cheesemaker in the world.
Gnomes + Misty= Cuteness overload!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #586 on: May 07, 2014, 05:53:56 pm »

How on earth did I miss 40 pages of a illustrated story that uses mod parts?

Great work and artwork... that ms paint freedom grass, darkerdarks poster, the shy plump helmet man... Awesome! :)

And just to clear things up: Masterwork dwarves sometimes yell at elephants, about vengeance for boatmurdered, and in the caverns you might stumble upon the spawns of the holistic. Both realities are in the mod, although I do hope that Misty will never encounter either.

But there are Cheesemen in the game... vicious creatures that throw webs of sticky cheese that get people stuck and wheels of cheese hard enough to break bones.

Paint on, Master Saint. :)

Edit: This god damn plump helmet man. Now I want to write a little plump helmet men civ, or bribe DarkerDark to make a pic of him as mod mascot.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:32:02 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dwarfy

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanted: Dead or with Chives
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 07, 2014, 06:58:04 pm »

But there are Cheesemen in the game... vicious creatures that throw webs of sticky cheese that get people stuck and wheels of cheese hard enough to break bones.
...I think we just found the logical conclusion to the plot.

Misty, through all her trials, becomes a master of cheese. Hers is perhaps not the tastiest or most varied. It is but simple cheese, a simple pleasure. Yet with her heart, the cheese is loyal to her. It hears her, whispering her little cheesy-nothings of encouragement. It feels for her as she does for it, though the other dwarfs scoff at her efforts.

Cue..
The Invasion of the Cheesemen

Faced with a hoard of angry beings which seem to be within the possibility of overwhelming the guard, the fortress descends into near hysterics, cursing their fate...
...until a single cheesemaker steps over the quivering masses, alone, to face the single moment she was always destined for.

Enter Misty, the Littlest Cheesemaker.
Begin!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:00:14 pm by Dwarfy »
"Necromancy is sort of like Jaywalking. It's not illegal, just frowned upon."

Ramaraunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok is Laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 07, 2014, 07:00:41 pm »

Skip finals.
The moment you realize that there is no iron.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2014, 07:46:53 pm »

>Show us how the enthusiastic guard and her boss are doing.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2014, 10:39:37 pm »

Yay, Spearbreakers is in!

In that case...

Misty:
> Avoid manamaids. At all costs.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2014, 11:00:50 pm »

...I think we just found the logical conclusion to the plot.

Misty, through all her trials, becomes a master of cheese. Hers is perhaps not the tastiest or most varied. It is but simple cheese, a simple pleasure. Yet with her heart, the cheese is loyal to her. It hears her, whispering her little cheesy-nothings of encouragement. It feels for her as she does for it, though the other dwarfs scoff at her efforts.

Cue..
The Invasion of the Cheesemen

Faced with a hoard of angry beings which seem to be within the possibility of overwhelming the guard, the fortress descends into near hysterics, cursing their fate...
...until a single cheesemaker steps over the quivering masses, alone, to face the single moment she was always destined for.

Enter Misty, the Littlest Cheesemaker.
Begin!

GO,
GO,
GO!
Shame we don't have Mechas and Cockpits we have automatons but we don't have huge ass fights that take place in travel mode.
Also can't she learn foodspells from druids?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 11, 2014, 12:29:56 am »

You consider asking the engineer more about his extended family, but the path has gotten a bit crowded.

You decide it's best if you maybe scoot forward a bit and talk to the next person in line.

You introduce yourself to the sweet old lady ahead of you.  Hi, you say.  I'm Misty Wheeldream.

Hello, young Misty, she says. She introduces herself as Kulet Risestaff, a nun of Armok.

Obviously, you knew she was a nun by her shawl, but you admit that you don't actually know that much about the church itself.  She says that's to be expected; the Church tends to keep it's ceremonies to itself. 

She goes on, seemingly excited to talk more about her profession.  Oh yes, obviously individual dwarves are permitted to choose their own gods of the pantheon for individual worship, and at their own level of dedication of course, but the Church is a bit different!  While a blacksmith might worship Sarvesh, God of Furnaces, and a farmer might worship Lenod, Goddess of Bounty, those of the Church worship the Creator. 

You nod along, as though you understand.

You see, Misty, there's powers even greater than the Gods, powers even greater than reality itself!  The humans believe in their own sect of vain human gods, and the orks and goblins believe in their bloody deities of wrath and war, and the heathen elves believe in a nonsensical "force", but it is we Dwarves, Misty, who TRULY understand the nature of the Divine!

You follow along uncomfortably, waiting a moment before cautiously asking.

What is the nature of the Divine?

Kulet simply smiles, her kind eyes twinkling with ancient knowledge passed down to her throughout the generations, ever since the world began.

That, she says, is what the church worships.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:26:58 pm by evictedSaint »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 11, 2014, 12:51:11 am »

Whew! Done with finals! Closed out the semester with A's and B's.  I doubt I'd have done so well if I'd spent time working on TLCM, but at least it's over.  Thank you everyone for all your lovely words of encouragement (it's what keeps me going), fanart (I can't express how fucking awesome it is, I save every piece to my harddrive), and of course, patience (I know it sucks to go on hiatus, but you guys have been super cool about it and I appreciate it).

Misty shall continue her quest!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 11, 2014, 01:16:10 am »

Beautiful. Awesome work on making the words and pictures flow together and combine, and in an easy to follow manner.

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Humans think better than.. err, maybe dwarves do.
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #595 on: May 11, 2014, 03:41:45 am »

From Misty's perspective, maybe that's too much info to take.

So she:
> will talk later to the nun
>then move on to the next migrant

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 11, 2014, 03:57:34 am »

goblins>beasts>creepy crawlies>elves
This cracked me up because it is so true.

>Proclaim your faith to Shokum, the god of cheese.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #597 on: May 11, 2014, 04:48:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]I thought that was for adv mode something, not this picture tale epicness. I didnt even click on the link when you asked me, I just saw "adventure" and thought it was in adv mode. ^^

And nice update... like the "then the creepy crawly ugly things... then the elves." :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 11, 2014, 08:24:54 am »

I've got to take a moment to appreciate the incredible amount of work you put into that picture, the thought you put into it and the flow of it work so well as to be both awe-inspiring and funny! I love it. It's really creative and awesome!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 11, 2014, 08:58:13 am »

:o

That was definitely cool.  A++ for Awesome
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 348