Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767424 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) [POLL ADDED]
« Reply #750 on: May 20, 2014, 08:12:30 pm »

Let's put it differently, is it a good idea for a young teenager to worship a god of children? As in, she might give the impression of wanting to bear them already?
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 20, 2014, 08:22:01 pm »

Perhaps on the topic of Urist one should take note of something.

We are talking to a potential ally who is a nice elderly dwarf nun.
So...what exactly do you expect her reaction to be if a very young dwarf tells her that she worships the god of Cheese and the god of Suicide.
Think about it, people. A teenager telling a kind elderly female that they worship the god of Suicide.

...maybe lets not?
the nun worships the god of BLOOD so if anything she happy to drain misty all of her blood for Armok.
while this is dumb she didn't even talk about vampires in her creation of life, who all kinda are blessed by their gods of their following than those who didn't follow(drain all those who don't follow our teachings and what not.).
Clearly the second choice is a trick question the real answer is Armok best to worship the blood god and skip the middleman.
that said it is possible for someone to become a deity on their own, just need some extra chim powers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 20, 2014, 10:09:39 pm »

WE NOW INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM TO BRING YOU: STOP DEBATING OR THE THREAD WILL GET SIDE TRACKED ALL OVER AGAIN! XD Just kidding, of course.

Umm... Either Bob CCCVI or Bookfire is what we've narrowed it down to. It's so hard to decide. On the one hand, infinite lives, on the other, infinite knowledge. I think the second because it's slightly less of an existential horrorshow. ( Only slightly. And maybe not, depending on your point of view.)

Hey, why would she be taken back? It's a god among the pantheon, she's heard all about him and has probably talked with worshiper of him. There's no reason why she would be so shocked about it. It's like saying hey, you got Vanilla instead of chocolate? I can't believe a child your age would think of such a thing.
It's like saying hey, you got Vanilla instead of chocolate? I can't believe a child your age would think of such a thing.
There's at least three dirty jokes in there that you missed that make this statement hilarious. Especially coming from a nun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #753 on: May 20, 2014, 10:50:18 pm »

Knowledge won't help if you are dead... right? Protection and Reincarnation are the poll results...

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 20, 2014, 11:14:27 pm »

There's at least three dirty jokes in there that you missed that make this statement hilarious. Especially coming from a nun.
Risesstaffing intensifies.
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:27 pm »

No Cheesus jokes at this point? I'm disappointed.  :P
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 21, 2014, 12:53:18 am »

You guys are really narrow on your interpretations of suicide and reincarnation. This is religion/mysticism we're talking about, words are used more as philosophical ideals instead of literal meanings, or at the least both. Literal interpretations is horribly boring for this kind of stuff to boot.

Suicide is the death of the self. Reincarnation is the recreation of the self.

It could mean literal death and rebirth as it could mean figurative. To reinvent yourself, you must lose your self. Every change brings about the end of the old. This isn't a god of stasis and static re-emergence, but change and reinvention.

Truly, what better is there for the wanting to make a new life for yourself?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 21, 2014, 08:47:21 am »

You guys are really narrow on your interpretations of suicide and reincarnation. This is religion/mysticism we're talking about, words are used more as philosophical ideals instead of literal meanings, or at the least both. Literal interpretations is horribly boring for this kind of stuff to boot.

Suicide is the death of the self. Reincarnation is the recreation of the self.

It could mean literal death and rebirth as it could mean figurative. To reinvent yourself, you must lose your self. Every change brings about the end of the old. This isn't a god of stasis and static re-emergence, but change and reinvention.

Truly, what better is there for the wanting to make a new life for yourself?
The philosophical cheese-wheel goes to Xanmyral. Prithee, wax poetic for thine countrymen once more.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #758 on: May 21, 2014, 09:56:33 am »

Cheese can be thought of as being closely related to the philosophical concept of death and rebirth.  It is a transformation of milk involving the controlled decay of a formerly life-giving substance, and through that decay, giving birth to a new and wondrous creation.  Truly, death and rebirth is a force fit for a cheesemaker to worship.

...but as Misty is probably not a philosopher, my guess is that she would not voluntarily pick a god of suicide, nor deception, rage, nor any other unpleasant-sounding spheres.

I'd go for Sunshield.  It sounds pleasant enough (and children=milk=cheese?), and I'm still hoping that at some point in the future she might run into a radical sect of worshipers who carry their children into battle as a form of worship and start to have internal conflict as a result.

Also, I think Plumpy should worship Cakewine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 21, 2014, 10:05:49 am »

I see nobody else really reflecting this sentiment, but I went with Golddug partly because it's not the most obvious choice, and partly because Misty wants to be the GREATEST legendary cheesemaker ever! Wealth and riches and all the cheese a fortress could ever need! But it doesn't look likely that that will win.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 21, 2014, 10:20:29 am »

I see nobody else really reflecting this sentiment, but I went with Golddug partly because it's not the most obvious choice, and partly because Misty wants to be the GREATEST legendary cheesemaker ever! Wealth and riches and all the cheese a fortress could ever need! But it doesn't look likely that that will win.
Ooh, that's a good point, there...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Dwarfy

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanted: Dead or with Chives
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 21, 2014, 04:50:33 pm »

Ooh, that's a good point, there...

Indeed...is there a way to change one's vote, perhaps?
Also, point of interest, in the polls it reads 'goddug' in case anyone has yet to notice.
I feel this is perhaps a sign.
"Necromancy is sort of like Jaywalking. It's not illegal, just frowned upon."

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 21, 2014, 05:31:32 pm »

No, no way to change your vote, sadly. I'd change to Golddug too, I think. Wealth is always useful, and I want to see Misty profit. Still, at the same time, it'd be exciting to see the god of protection get her out of some really close scrapes. Pros and cons all around.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 21, 2014, 05:40:49 pm »

1 more day and I'll adjust the poll to be between the top three picks.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 21, 2014, 06:01:23 pm »

1 more day and I'll adjust the poll to be between the top three picks.
Fifty votes in two days - you should feel proud. :) My stuff's been up for months and I still only have 21 votes.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 348