Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1768123 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story)
« Reply #780 on: May 23, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »

This is just my 2 copper coins on Bob
Bob always changes form when he dies but he always has a mask. He is less the god of sadness, and more the god of change. Though suicide is one of the extreme means which he can grant you change, it is the most effective way to offer a new life. He is known for his foolish quotes on the nature of life and inspiring folly in writings of the necromancers. He is often dramatic and tends to exaggerate. It is said that with his change of form comes the change of seasons, while others think he only changes with the eras. The one thing they agree with is that he never stays the same.
Bob well known for his earlier days of life by learning the secret of life and death not from some demon scribbles but wondering what's that second black void in the sky did,
and ponder real hard until doing so cause himself poking into his own Soul... and alter it. At first he picture immortality to be fate worst than death, after a couple eons of wonder around doing what ever he just got bored of it and felt it was just an offswitch that stored your essence into a room. Couple eons took Bob to finally reach godhood and cast aside his tower. He ended up with a following from left over companions and forts he started back when he was BOB_103. The other Gods wonder if the mask is a smiley face or a nose. Bob lost a good 100 lives from Armok being not to please at someone surpassing Demi-godhood, and  20 from looking at Bookfire Funny.

What do you guys want to do in the meantime? Come up with the back story for Urist?

Bob/Urist backstory was written up some time ago but we don't have one for bookfire.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:17:22 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) [POLL ADDED]
« Reply #781 on: May 23, 2014, 02:24:04 pm »

Alright. In the meantime we'll settle this: What's the deal with bookfire?
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 23, 2014, 02:26:30 pm »

God(dess) of Fate and Passion. Interesting concept considering the two often come to blows.

Of course, that's the two spheres of his/her boiled down to their most utmost basic roots. At least assuming knowledge means omniscience, either limited or full.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 24, 2014, 06:50:14 am »

I'm glad I stumbled across this little gem. It was a great read.  :D
(PTW)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 24, 2014, 09:43:20 am »

Alright. In the meantime we'll settle this: What's the deal with bookfire?
"like some how the warlocks and wizards can write all sorts of books, but come time to read any of them They can't. The only person who could read any of those dang things are some random git going on an adventurer... whats up with that!?" *Seinfeld theme here*
"body swapping and YOU!"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #785 on: May 24, 2014, 12:56:19 pm »

Bookfire insists that she does not actually have more rage than any other god or goddess.  However, that rage is compressed into a being 1/4th the size of the others, so like a can of pressurized gas, she tends to explode.

She is the foremost deity of the gnomes.  One out of 25 gnomes is born prone to rage and is said to be blessed by her.  She is also said to be the inspiration for all megaprojects that ultimately destroy the fortress they were built in.

Nobody knows what is under her hat.  Some theories include an enormous bottle of tequila, the original Blood of Armok gemstone, a pet moleweasel that acts as her spy and messenger, and a machine that will end the world when activated.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 24, 2014, 12:58:13 pm »

Someone vote for Cowsea! D:

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 24, 2014, 03:40:48 pm »

When Bookfire came to be, she first did not understand why she was to be a goddess of rage, but being one of knowledge, she quickly came to know: Mortals would forever want her to explain the obvious, such as the meaning of life and the laws of physics. Even should she deny this knowledge, still would these petty flies continue to ask, bother and annoy.

When this fact suddenly popped up in her mind, as others would as well, the fate she knew she would be subjected to left her with no other choice but to tantrum. When she is calm, she prefers to impart knowledge of the destructive, such as magma and weaponry. She knows that for each life these things claim, there will be one less mortal to talk to her.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:47:32 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 24, 2014, 07:53:44 pm »

When Bookfire came to be, she first did not understand why she was to be a goddess of rage, but being one of knowledge, she quickly came to know: Mortals would forever want her to explain the obvious, such as the meaning of life and the laws of physics. Even should she deny this knowledge, still would these petty flies continue to ask, bother and annoy.

When this fact suddenly popped up in her mind, as others would as well, the fate she knew she would be subjected to left her with no other choice but to tantrum. When she is calm, she prefers to impart knowledge of the destructive, such as magma and weaponry. She knows that for each life these things claim, there will be one less mortal to talk to her.
Yup.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2014, 08:44:11 pm »

Hmm, I guess there is no way to change my vote once it has been cast. I kind of like the mythos people have come up with for Urist the 300th+. Bookfire is pretty great too. Perhaps there is room for another deity in Misty's life after all.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:10:37 pm by Melting Sky »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 24, 2014, 11:45:43 pm »

Hmm, I guess there is no way to change my vote once it has been cast. I kind of like the mythos people have come up with for Urist the 300th+. Bookfire is pretty great too. Perhaps there is room for another deity in Misty's life after all.
there's no limit to how many gods you can pick up.
"body swapping and YOU!"

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 25, 2014, 06:46:00 am »

No limit imposed by the game per se, but in this story, the nun said Most Dwarves never take more than two of the seven as their patron, lest their worship be deluded to the point of inconsequence.  Pretty sure she really meant "diluted", but what do I know about delusions.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:48:04 am by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 25, 2014, 07:29:25 am »

If we pick more than two deities, we'd probably spend way too much time on sacrificing goat cheese to all of them.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 25, 2014, 07:56:53 am »

Well if Cowsea is not chosen as first deity, I will do what I can to make Cowsea the second.
Also I do not think we need to sacrifice something to all of them.
I don't even think sacrifices are needed to please Dwarven deities.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 25, 2014, 08:03:06 am »

Ultimuh, Cowsea is the first deity. The poll has always been there to decide the second.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 348