Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767870 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story)
« Reply #1005 on: July 03, 2014, 03:00:01 am »

Cheese Wizard could mean any sort of magic to do with cheese. Necrocheeser means raising cheeses from the dead to be your servants.

I have no objections to learning the secrets of cheese whizardry.

String cheese web emission!
Hard cheese projectile blasts!
Mind numbing super cheese aroma!
Raising the dead as animated servants!  Made of cheese!

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 03, 2014, 03:48:13 am »

New plan: Misty becomes a Cheese Whizard, and her arch nemesis is the evil Necrocheeser.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1007 on: July 03, 2014, 06:05:10 am »

Not original art, but I wanted to know what google would say to necrocheeser. I am not disappointed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 03, 2014, 06:22:52 am »

HA! Awesome.

fourpotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • N DSD & Sw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 03, 2014, 09:29:47 am »

No, wait.  Cheese Whizard!

This is a great title for a young dwarf who wishes to learn the secrets of cheese & processed cheeselike product.

String cheese web emission!
Hard cheese projectile blasts!
Mind numbing super cheese aroma!
Raising the dead as animated servants!  Made of cheese!

Transmute guns to butter crossbows to cheese!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 06, 2014, 01:15:17 am »

Hello Misty, the father says.  Yes, you're more than welcome to walk with us. 

The introduce themselves; his name is Neb, a beekeeper, his wife is Deler, a waxworker, and this here is their son, Rovod.  It's always nice to meet another farmer - you're a cheesemaker, right?  You were shouting about cheese back there, but he just wants to be sure.

You nod your head and say, yes, I am a cheesemaker!...well...you've never actually MADE a cheese wheel before, but you're enthusiastic to start!

Deler speaks up and says, well, it's wonderful that you're so excited to join the noble field of farm work!  Rovod here says he wants to be a metal worker when he grows up, can you believe that?  He has such a rich heritage of farming behind him and he'd rather hit things with a hammer!  Can't be helped, she laughs.  Sometimes you just have to let your kids choose their own paths.

You nod pensively and think about your dumb dad back at the mountainhome.  You can agree with her on that.

Oh, you say, I was wondering, I'm a bit unfamiliar with the surrounding countryside.  What was that ruin we just passed through?  And do you think you can tell me about that weird tower up ahead?

Neb raises his eyebrows in surprise.  You don't know, he says?  That ruin dates back to the Elf-Dwarf war!

Yep, it used to be an old fort that worked as a river crossing and as a checkpoint.  Back then, the elves had actually managed to push us so far back that they'd taken the fort!  It was a bloody battle, with their archers and Dyrads twisting nature itself to tear the thing down brick by brick.  Damned elves; they won't hurt a tree, but they'll slaughter a dozen dwarves with one and gorge themselves silly on the poor souls.

Now it's just a pile of rubble; too damaged to man, not important enough to repair.  Each year it crumbles a bit more.

As for the tower, well...we don't really like to talk about that.  Tale is that a crazy necromancer lives up in that thing, doing ghastly and terrible things with the dead.  Built his blasted tower right on top of an old tomb, where those who met Armok during the war were laid to rest.  If you ask me, we should tear the thing down and put those bodies back in their coffins...but the Queen says she we shouldn't be makin' MORE dead just to save those who are ALREADY dead.  She's got a point, I suppose, and it ain't like that loon is hurtin' anybody up in his crazy little tower.  Don't mean I gotta like it, though.

Yep! That's all there really is to say about that.  Anything else we can help you with, lil' Misty?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:37:33 pm by evictedSaint »

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 06, 2014, 04:34:03 am »

Ask the family if they have known any great cheese makers during the years they've spent plying their crafts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1012 on: July 06, 2014, 05:34:42 am »

Ask the farmer if he knows anything about plump helmet men. Because there is one following you all the time, and you dont know if its harmless or not.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 06, 2014, 05:49:28 am »

The Plump Helmet Man seems harmless enough, he's just happy to have met a friend.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 06, 2014, 05:52:38 am »

Necromancer see if your throwing skill up to par and bean the farmer for badmouthing ya with a skeleton animated skull
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 06, 2014, 09:27:05 am »

Necromancer see if your throwing skill up to par and bean the farmer for badmouthing ya with a skeleton animated skull

Agreed on this.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 06, 2014, 09:28:33 am »

Taunt the necromancer by calling him names. You might have to shout.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 06, 2014, 11:29:39 am »

Ask the family if they have known any great cheese makers during the years they've spent plying their crafts.
Ask the farmer if he knows anything about plump helmet men. Because there is one following you all the time, and you dont know if its harmless or not.

Both of these.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 06, 2014, 11:36:45 am »

Agreed on this.
+1.

Also:

Necromancer, be the happiest person EVER. Also be really lonely and wanting company.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 06, 2014, 11:43:24 am »

Agreed on this.
+1.

Also:

Necromancer, be the happiest person EVER. Also be really lonely and wanting company.

Be the necromancer. Be really lonely.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 348