Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767599 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story)
« Reply #1035 on: July 08, 2014, 12:52:26 am »

You know that mammary glands are part of the reproductive system, right? The one bit you acknowledged to be superfluous to the undead? ;)

it's possible that the nature of necromancy is such that it's easier to reboot all of the biological systems than just some of them, so logically a zombie cow would produce milk.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 08, 2014, 01:13:08 am »

PTW

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:51 am »

In a little more detail, we know from the fact that necromancers exist that necromancy is worthwhile. If my earlier thoughts about rebooting individual systems were correct, then all necromancers would just enchant suits of armor instead, but they haven't so it must be incorrect, and it must be easier to reboot everything than to selectively reboot individual systems, therefore zombie milk and therefore zombie cheese is entirely logical.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 08, 2014, 04:13:28 am »

Now we know what happens ingame when you pray.  ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 08, 2014, 09:03:42 am »

If the farmer doesn't know how undead cows work, ask the child.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 08, 2014, 11:33:12 am »

Now? wait ... I think you miss some posts there Boltgun.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

tejón

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 08, 2014, 11:55:11 am »

If my earlier thoughts about rebooting individual systems were correct, then all necromancers would just enchant suits of armor instead
Necromancy is learned by reading a slab engraved by a supernatural being which details the secrets of life and death. I don't know about you, but I haven't noticed any books detailing the secrets of granting motility to objects which never had it in the first place, nor in fact have I seen any magically mobile objects in the game that weren't previously animate in their own right. If you want to keep slinging around the word "logical," demonstrate how this scenario is any less so given the available data: life, like anvils, exists only by the will of Armok; and, much as one cannot create an anvil without an anvil, artificial animation can only be given to something that was already alive.

jaydwag11

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Better then throwing your children in the pit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 08, 2014, 12:33:52 pm »

Go in steal the slab become master necromancer and then use hundreds of dead revived body parts to make lots of cheese. :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 08, 2014, 01:49:16 pm »

Now? wait ... I think you miss some posts there Boltgun.

Looking at the bug report, the first thing many tried to do is to try to talk to their deity. Of course you went there first, but now it's right there like a 'talk to me to crash the game' option.  ;D

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 08, 2014, 06:43:23 pm »

nor in fact have I seen any magically mobile objects in the game that weren't previously animate in their own right.

This story is in a Masterwork universe, so there are, in fact, magically animated weapons that float around and hack things.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

tejón

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »

Pardon me as I suck on my toes, then. :)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 09, 2014, 12:14:55 am »

If my earlier thoughts about rebooting individual systems were correct, then all necromancers would just enchant suits of armor instead
Necromancy is learned by reading a slab engraved by a supernatural being which details the secrets of life and death. I don't know about you, but I haven't noticed any books detailing the secrets of granting motility to objects which never had it in the first place, nor in fact have I seen any magically mobile objects in the game that weren't previously animate in their own right. If you want to keep slinging around the word "logical," demonstrate how this scenario is any less so given the available data: life, like anvils, exists only by the will of Armok; and, much as one cannot create an anvil without an anvil, artificial animation can only be given to something that was already alive.

The fact that we do not know everything does not mean that we do not know anything.

Logic does not stop existing just because you're talking about a fictional world. I would explain why, but every time I try it turns into a ten page essay. The things you're talking about are part of the premise. The premise is the minimal set of things that must be assumed in order for the story to make sense. One illogical thing in the premise does not imply every illogical thing is possible. The existence of a man with the power to walk through walls does not imply that he'd forget his own middle name. Walking through walls is illogical, but it's part of the premise. Given the premise, it still doesn't make sense he'd forget his own middle name. Thus, it is illogical, even given the premise. I'm going to stop myself there.

tejón

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 09, 2014, 02:22:00 am »

When you're done here, I think Bill Gates needs a lecture on OS design.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34:39 am »

Tell him to check out Linux. I'm told it's solidly beaten Windows in every market except for personal computers.

The point remains that just because we don't know everything doesn't mean we don't know anything.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 09, 2014, 06:01:41 am »

I like to remind folks that in this universe everyone doesn't know how to read... unless they selected that option from birth and that only for adventurers those necromancers in that tower are super friendly illiterate Robe wearing nerds who write books all day and can't read a single piece of them. that said... I don't know if meph added an option for folks to learn to read so.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 348