Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767212 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story)
« Reply #1050 on: July 09, 2014, 06:22:37 am »

Hah. I never noticed that.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 10, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »

The necromancer should be adorable.
Plot twist! Misty is the necromancer! She just has amnesia!
Only if she is also half cutebold.
I don't thing a rat-dog thing would be really cute on a realistic perspective.
Also, I don't think a person could have childrens with a kobold. Unles the person (or kobold) is really, REALLY weird.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 10, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »

Have you considered that DF biological systems aren't actually what moves creatures around?  From what I've observed, the head and sometimes the blood of a being is what actually separates them from inanimate objects.  Mobility=life.  Ergo, Animation="Anima" (AKA: Lifeforce, AKA mobility).  A necromancer, then, merely has learned the secret techniques to "animate" certain pre-living things, including him/her/itself.  Consider the blood to be a type of battery and the head to be the "antenna" for receiving Anima.  Necromancers are limited to these things that once were animated already, however, but other types of magic-weilders can create mobile weapons by infusing them with Anima, even though they never were originally intended to have mobility in the first place.  I would think that necromancy is the lowest level of magic, with the animation of weapons and armor being more difficult, and the creation of living robots (golems) more difficult still.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 10, 2014, 03:59:25 pm »

Going completely off subject from Timeless Bob's seminar: Congrats on having over 100 professed readers! * applauds eS *

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 10, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »

Have you considered that DF biological systems aren't actually what moves creatures around?  From what I've observed, the head and sometimes the blood of a being is what actually separates them from inanimate objects.  Mobility=life.  Ergo, Animation="Anima" (AKA: Lifeforce, AKA mobility).  A necromancer, then, merely has learned the secret techniques to "animate" certain pre-living things, including him/her/itself.  Consider the blood to be a type of battery and the head to be the "antenna" for receiving Anima.  Necromancers are limited to these things that once were animated already, however, but other types of magic-weilders can create mobile weapons by infusing them with Anima, even though they never were originally intended to have mobility in the first place.  I would think that necromancy is the lowest level of magic, with the animation of weapons and armor being more difficult, and the creation of living robots (golems) more difficult still.

See the issue with this is it does not explain reanimated severed limbs / shells / hair. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 10, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »

You decide to change the subject.  You ask Neb if he knew any great cheesemakers during his time; surely the mountainhome has produced other cheesemakers of amazing caliber, right? 

Well, he says, he hasn't really met a cheesemaker before!  Not many dwarves choose that as their profession; then again, he's pretty young.  He's only forty years old!  If anyone's been around long enough to know any cheesemakers, it'd probably be Rimtar up there.

Rimtar's been smithing weapons for nearly a hundred and fifty years now.  He's been around for so long that he probably knew a cheesemaker or two in his time.

Heeeey there, you say! It's Rimtar, right?  You're friends with my dad!  And gee, you're pretty old, too!  Like, really old!  Super duper old! You wouldn't happen to know any cheesemakers, would yo-

"QUIET."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:40:12 pm by evictedSaint »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 10, 2014, 07:40:08 pm »

Stop moving, stay silent, observe and get down.
Take a closer look at this text!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »

Theory: The necromancer will turn out to be the world's greatest cheesemaker, and the only legendary +5 cheeser. His/her creepy cute adoptive child will, conversely, want to be a legendary armorer.

Before anyone objects on the grounds that undead in the tower would murder the child on sight, in 0.40.01, it appears that undead raised by necromancers share their masters' allegiances rather than being opposed to life in general, so it works.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:45:07 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 10, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »

Given someone just told you to be quiet, the most logical course of action is to yell, search for a weapon or a stick of sufficient size to use as a weapon, and failing this use your backpack as a makeshift thing.  Also make a quick prayer to your gods to live.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 10, 2014, 07:43:52 pm »

There appear to be 2-3 figures in white on the horizon.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 10, 2014, 07:48:11 pm »

I think those are actually towers/ruins behind the hills, though I'm not sure.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 10, 2014, 07:50:41 pm »

I think those are actually towers/ruins behind the hills, though I'm not sure.

No, he's right. Look at the tower for a few pictures, there's a white dot.

Edit: Nevermind - the things over the hill is what he meant.
Anyways, either of you could be right.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:55:49 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 10, 2014, 07:54:01 pm »

The dot is coming closer.

Lets be quiet.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 10, 2014, 08:09:49 pm »

Looks like the necromancer failed chucking something at the group for badmouthing him.

Be quiet, but look at the strange white figures ahead of you on the road.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 10, 2014, 08:14:39 pm »

Looks like the necromancer failed chucking something at the group for badmouthing him.

Be quiet, but look at the strange white figures ahead of you on the road.

I think those are actually ruins. Here's another theory though: the object falling out of the tower's window seems to be a bit off-white, almost yellowish. Could it perhaps be a roll of cheese?
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 348