Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767629 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 08/23
« Reply #1380 on: August 23, 2014, 10:40:10 pm »

Looks like the elf's also killed some zombie's (Probably another road crew) Look at the ground around where they start those three red things. Also the road seems to be getting paved in three directions look up at the top of the image so could that mean there's another zombie road crew around? That also mean the paving was started really close by. And leaves the question as to why is was started at the intersection?
hm i had noticed the other corpses where they started but i dident notice the paving or its significance
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 23, 2014, 10:42:51 pm »

Looks like the elf's also killed some zombie's (Probably another road crew) Look at the ground around where they start those three red things. Also the road seems to be getting paved in three directions look up at the top of the image so could that mean there's another zombie road crew around? That also mean the paving was started really close by. And leaves the question as to why is was started at the intersection?

$5 says the necromancer has a thing for paved roads, maybe elegance to some extent? 

... which means...

The necromancer is either:
A: A homosexual male.
B: Eccentric beyond belief.
C: A dwarf.
D: Emo Dumbledore.
E: Short emo Dumbledore.

Anyhow, as for things go for Misty...
TAKE THE SWORD!!!!!!  (and keep it, even if you have to carry it on your back and won't use it.  At the very least that sword is probably worth something to sell or barter with!  Or use it for decoration on a weapon rack.  Or cut cheese with it.  Or post multiple discs of cheese together with it.  Or slice cheese with it.  Or mix cheese with it.  Or feed cheese to a monster with it.  So many uses for swords.  Including those which involve cheese.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:45:45 pm by Evaris »
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 24, 2014, 02:02:23 am »

talk to the elves about cheese
+1
good idea +1
+3
+4

Look again and that picture and see him for what he is,.. standing there ominously behind his underlings?
Even now he stands imperiously on the road, letting his minions tend to the slain. Well, probably just injured, but everyone knows a tree being injured is at least as bad as a talented dwarven smith being ripped asunder.

I don't think there's a third road crew, because we can see the northern/upper part of the road and its dirt, and the other two crews were right on their paving. It's also very short, suggesting that may have been the start point or only fleshed out enough to cover the intersection properly.

As for why, probably explicitly because it's an intersection. We know it's near a necromancer's tower and seems to lead to at least the Mountainhomes, a famous fortress, and elves, so that seems like a good start if you've got a reason to pave roads in the first place.

Still a little sunk on just what that reason could be, of course. I naturally maintain that the necromancer is hoping to improve relations between his gentle and noble people and those of other races via improved trade conduits, but who knows.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 24, 2014, 02:31:34 am »

talk to the elves about cheese
+1
good idea +1
+3
+4

Look again and that picture and see him for what he is,.. standing there ominously behind his underlings?
Even now he stands imperiously on the road, letting his minions tend to the slain. Well, probably just injured, but everyone knows a tree being injured is at least as bad as a talented dwarven smith being ripped asunder.

I don't think there's a third road crew, because we can see the northern/upper part of the road and its dirt, and the other two crews were right on their paving. It's also very short, suggesting that may have been the start point or only fleshed out enough to cover the intersection properly.

As for why, probably explicitly because it's an intersection. We know it's near a necromancer's tower and seems to lead to at least the Mountainhomes, a famous fortress, and elves, so that seems like a good start if you've got a reason to pave roads in the first place.

Still a little sunk on just what that reason could be, of course. I naturally maintain that the necromancer is hoping to improve relations between his gentle and noble people and those of other races via improved trade conduits, but who knows.

oh you mean the warlock race which is a thing in masterworks. warlocks are a race of necromancersWizards who pretty much sit around writing books and research also using their vast amount of 'free mind blocks' to build their fort and using the help of skeletons and ghouls to do the manual labor of the fort. If the tower is of the warlock race the overlord must have sent his troops out to build a road or something.
it could be worst there could be a monolith nearby to reanimate all the dead. then again it could be a Hermit who tapped into necromancy?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 24, 2014, 04:48:29 am »

Refrain from standing in a straight line with the nun and the blond elf.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 24, 2014, 07:46:05 am »

Politely apologize for jeopardizing the health of the tree.
Ask in which direction they are going.
If they are headed in the same direction, ask if your group could tag along.. Just in case there's another band of undead ahead.

Dwarfy

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanted: Dead or with Chives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 24, 2014, 09:18:05 am »

Politely apologize for jeopardizing the health of the tree.
Ask in which direction they are going.

+1
This is a good idea, in itself. Elves value respect and honor, and even if they are racist tree-hugging cannibals they are racist tree-hugging cannibals with really scary poky shooty weapons and zombie-kebab accuracy, so Good-side=Good-idea.

Don't ask to tag along just yet though, it might seem presumptuous. Just give them some light praise and try to keep everyone from bursting out with racist comments.
"Necromancy is sort of like Jaywalking. It's not illegal, just frowned upon."

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 24, 2014, 10:50:11 am »

Don't apologize for the tree's injury, as you didn't cause it.  However,

Express concern and sympathy for the tree.  Thank the elves for their assistance.  Tell them you are headed to Shielddawn, and they are welcome to visit you.

Then take the hammer, because it is the symbol of leadership in this migrant band.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 24, 2014, 11:16:05 am »

Express concern and sympathy for the tree.  Thank the elves for their assistance.  Tell them you are headed to Shielddawn, and they are welcome to visit you.

Then take the hammer, because it is the symbol of leadership in this migrant band.

+1
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

tejón

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 24, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

+also

...and hand it to Kulet, because spiritual guidance is better than nothing. Keeping it doesn't even cross your mind; leadership would eat into valuable cheese time, plus your dad was a leader, so yuck.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 24, 2014, 05:07:39 pm »

oh you mean the warlock race which is a thing in masterworks. warlocks are a race of necromancersWizards who pretty much sit around writing books and research also using their vast amount of 'free mind blocks' to build their fort and using the help of skeletons and ghouls to do the manual labor of the fort. If the tower is of the warlock race the overlord must have sent his troops out to build a road or something.
it could be worst there could be a monolith nearby to reanimate all the dead. then again it could be a Hermit who tapped into necromancy?
Interesting. Could be, yeah. Maybe we should examine what the zombies were building the road out of? Clearly if it's mundane stone we should recognize it. If it's mindstone or something maybe not.

plus your dad was a leader, so yuck.
Curses. I want us to become the cheesiest overlord of all time, but the logic of this one is hard to deny.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 24, 2014, 07:35:52 pm »

Interesting. Could be, yeah. Maybe we should examine what the zombies were building the road out of? Clearly if it's mundane stone we should recognize it. If it's mindstone or something maybe not.

plus your dad was a leader, so yuck.
Curses. I want us to become the cheesiest overlord of all time, but the logic of this one is hard to deny.

What logic is there in such pettiness
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 25, 2014, 06:34:22 pm »

I just realize something the Elf Zombie is still alive.

elf zombie take vengeance against those who harm the tree, don't believe their excuses if they were true elves they would have gotten a better shot anyway and left the small cheesemaker to die.
thus for failing to live up to their elven code their punishment is DEATH! Their bones be used for bricks and organs fertilizer for the local fauna

While the Elf Zombie is brutally Murdering is own race everyone walk along hoping it doesn't notice you also yoink their Leader Sr. Donk alot.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 348