Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767288 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 09/14
« Reply #1635 on: September 22, 2014, 08:35:42 pm »

As long as we compromise never to befriend a goblin, we have a deal.

I sure hope his wife isn't eaten by warring elves.
didn't think I miss this comment.
jokes
Do Goblins even have a Civ in masterworks? I know there's Goblinmen and there's Goblin adventurers that roam around in genesis but no goblin Civ.
like I seen more talga orks than I have a goblin
hmm just check the raws and yes they do exist but on levels of elves, right down to being adventurers only... or attacking the fort.

oh well back to discussing omelet hair elf and Magical Donkey.

Omelet Hair: gossip about your elven companions to The milker
Misty:wonder why the fortress is loaded to the gills with undead.
Group realize the Necromancer(Warlocks) Reclaimed to the fort.

might tug on the loose end of why the dead building a road.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:52:48 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1636 on: September 22, 2014, 10:22:11 pm »

Look at Slingblock's last turn. Note the names of the dwarves.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 23, 2014, 05:33:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I never thought any line of conversation could lead to a drawing of a goblin scaring Adachi-san the Cabbage Prince.

But there we have it.

And it is good.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:52:46 am by Sheo »

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 23, 2014, 09:20:05 am »

inb4 The Elves are actually stealth weremammoths!

I do +1 having a stealth weremammoth involved at some point, though.

Dude...what if Reg Pashmad is the stealth weremammoth and even she doesn't know it? It would be the last thing we'd expect.

What if our littlest cheesemaker has the beast blood? What if that's why her father didn't want her to leave? He could control her transformation at the mountainhomes, due to some "magic" or something. Or that he could contain her, as he himself has the beast blood, but can control it better?
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 23, 2014, 09:35:46 am »

Dude...what if Reg Pashmad is the stealth weremammoth and even she doesn't know it? It would be the last thing we'd expect.

What if our littlest cheesemaker has the beast blood? What if that's why her father didn't want her to leave? He could control her transformation at the mountainhomes, due to some "magic" or something. Or that he could contain her, as he himself has the beast blood, but can control it better?

Or maybe he just had her locked in her room on the full moon or something.

That said, not a fan of the whole werebeast idea.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 23, 2014, 09:46:19 am »

I was joking originally, hoping that someone would have gotten the reference to another forum from a few months ago... but I'd be rather pleased to see something like this eventually haha. Even if it's just a random picture, not part of the story.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 23, 2014, 10:17:58 am »

this made me stop using cheesemakers as GCS fodder.
i now have a cheesemaker in every fortress.
that actually makes cheese.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 23, 2014, 12:25:33 pm »

I was joking originally, hoping that someone would have gotten the reference to another forum from a few months ago... but I'd be rather pleased to see something like this eventually haha. Even if it's just a random picture, not part of the story.
Misty: helicopter weremammoth parents are the worst follow you everywhere and if you try to talk to someone new they burst out from the ground and spray trunk water all over their faces, you can't even go for a drink of water with out seeing them in the reflection gosh mom stop hiding all the time.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 23, 2014, 05:22:03 pm »

But what if they're Cutebolds? I am physically incapable of hating Cutebolds.
+1 our luck chance that it turns out to be a cutebold so we can overcome our kobold prejudice.
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 23, 2014, 10:14:44 pm »

+1 our luck chance that it turns out to be a cutebold so we can overcome our kobold prejudice.
cutebolds dating dwarf shapeshifted child shenanigans cutebolds... I'm saying this because kobolds have druid wizard magic and can take dwarf forms.
wait a minute elves have no druid wizard magic in masterworks... gasp, so unless their gnomes wearing gear stilts, or Kobold shapeshifting shaman druids.
jokin aside, misty prejudices nah, she too young for that.
man that elf misty in love with hair looks like a kraft single flop on a bald head.

it's like cowsea is guiding us through a path of cheeseheads.
"body swapping and YOU!"

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 24, 2014, 11:27:37 am »

cutebolds dating dwarf shapeshifted child shenanigans cutebolds... I'm saying this because kobolds have druid wizard magic and can take dwarf forms.
wait a minute elves have no druid wizard magic in masterworks... gasp, so unless their gnomes wearing gear stilts, or Kobold shapeshifting shaman druids.
jokin aside, misty prejudices nah, she too young for that.
man that elf misty in love with hair looks like a kraft single flop on a bald head.

it's like cowsea is guiding us through a path of cheeseheads.
Now you just gave me an idea.

Misty: Use cheese slices to disguise your elf lover as a dwarf. Nobody will notice the difference.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 24, 2014, 02:07:00 pm »

Hmm.
Command Cowsea to grant you a cheesebeard.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 09/25
« Reply #1648 on: September 25, 2014, 06:36:03 pm »

You've heard tales of the horrors that Elf-kind have visited upon the Dwarves in the past century, but you can't bring yourself to believe any of it right now.  The stories of Elves ripping fortresses apart stone by stone with walking tree-men, crops blighted and refusing to grow even deep below the surface, enchanted singing arrows impaling Dwarves from miles and miles away...

Surely Darkerdaffodil couldn't be one of those elves, could he?  He seems too sweet, too kind to bring about such destruction.  You're even starting to doubt whether or not Elves really ARE cannibals! Maybe it was just a rumor spread by the misinformed, like that time you heard that a magical cheese-making-wizard would be visiting the mountainhome.  It turned out that it was just a regular traveling wizard, doing lame magic tricks like making a cheese wheel disappear.  You've never been so disappointed in Cheese-Wiz in your whole life.

You tell Darkerdaffodil about all the crazy elf-stories you've heard over the years, like how they eat each other and worship trees.  That's so lame, right?

Darkerdaffodil looks away, his shoulders slumping.

"I'm afraid that's all true, Misty.  Well, at least partly true."  He takes a moment to collect his thoughts, then points up the road.

"Do you see Flowerplucker up there?  She's a Druid and an ambassador for our race, though she may be a fragile, naive young thing and I may be twenty years her senior.  For you see, she was blessed by the great Force with the power to give life, where most of us can only take it away.  She is an older soul, and I suspect that after her passing she may rejoin us again in life as a Greater Soul."

"You see young Misty, our mission is not one of trade alone.  Shielddawn has been deforesting the countryside in their industrious pursuits.  They've cut so far and so wide that soon they will start to encroach upon the pine forest to the east, where we make our home.  The deforestation must be stopped, or soon the land will cry out and the trees where our children sleep will fall to Dwarven axes.  And while it does pain me to see trees fall, we Elves realize we cannot impose our will on others, so we've come bearing a compromise.  If your kind can limit themselves to the lives of only a sixty trees a year, the land will have a chance to regrow and replenish itself.

It is not a pretty compromise, but we know that we cannot judge Dwarves for their needs and beliefs any more than they would judge us for living amongst the trees.  We can not expect a culture so different from ours to hold the same values, especially not after so many years of bloody conflict."

"We Elves believe that we; you, I, the birds in the forests, the fish in the sea, are all of the same.  When we die, our bodies go to the world and our souls return to the great Force.  There our souls mingle and exchange with one another, until it is time to return to the world with a new body and a fresh essence.

Why does your kind find it so strange, then, to consume the discarded shell of a soul?  It is so wrong for my ancestors to nourish me even in their passing, for my enemy who wished harm upon my person to heal my wounds in his death?  I know to forgive my enemy, but I will not shed my shell at his wish.  And, if I must, I will relieve him of his mortal coil if he were to insist, but I will do so with regret.  Young souls like us who walk and talk have not yet achieved perfection.

Trees, however, are the shells of Greater Souls and have achieved this perfection.  They live life harming none, giving to all.  Their fruits nourish us, their branches provide shelter, their leaves shade.  They are the ideal, and to see them forced wrongfully from this earth fills every Elf's heart with sadness.  We live in harmony with these Greater Souls, and though it saddens us to see others do differently, we know we must respect their beliefs.  For if we did not, how would we be any better than they?"

"The great Force saw fit to make many of us who think and see differently, perhaps to test us and encourage us to work with one another.  If that is the great Force's purpose, then we must strive to make peace possible."

You sit for a minute and let that sink in.  It's...different than what the nun told you, and you're not really sure what to make of it.  You want to explain to him about Armok and the giant Anvil in the sky, but he believes in this "great Force" thing so much that you're not sure you have the heart to tell him he's wrong.

Because, well, he is wrong.  He has to be.  Dwarves have believed in Armok since time began, it would be silly to think that the world wasn't recreated over and over again.

"That's...interesting," you finally say. 

"I know you believe different, young Dwarf," he replies.  "But that is not reason for our races to fight.  Through peace, we may both grow stronger and achieve enlightenment."

You nod your head slowly.  Elves are...weird.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:44:49 pm by evictedSaint »

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 09/25
« Reply #1649 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:49 pm »

Continue on the cheesy romance misty x elf plotline and shrug indifference to religious beliefs and social differences.  You (misty) happen to like trees somewhat more than most dwarves anyhow, as they represent something outside the mountainhome you were cramped up in for years.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 348