Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767435 times)

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 09/14
« Reply #1800 on: October 27, 2014, 04:30:02 am »

Dwarves: kill the elves entering your site.
Know what it'd be hilarious?
If the elves were treated like elves are /really/ treated in dwarven fortresses, romantic interest status notwithstanding.
Blood, death, trees' wooden tears.
You can't say we didn't ask for it...

Edit: besides, it's a great update!

It is a good update, but more of us as far as I saw in the posts were hoping for a pro-elf / possible elfxmisty bit, but regardless author is author. 

Regardless, moving on with my suggestion.

Misty should be heavily emotionally disturbed for various reasons including but not limited to: having a person be killed while having a conversation with them, liking said person, and said person being the first to actually care about her life goals other than her.

P.S.  Misty planning the downfall of the fort in collaboration with plump helmet men would be awesome.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) MEGA UPDATE 10/27
« Reply #1801 on: October 27, 2014, 04:58:48 am »

Dammit, am I the only one who never atom smash monarchs, kill immigrants, design 'daycares' and happily trade XXsocksXX with elves?

Even when I play succubi? minus the elves parts

Oh and btw :

Misty : ☺ !!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1802 on: October 27, 2014, 05:12:06 am »

I see absolutely no problem with this. How can people be worried about dead elves, if they so casually kill zombies? Even the elf-zombie was ok to murder.

At least they have a good reason to kill the caravan. Free stuff. And adding "has seen death, doesnt care for anything anymore" to the migrants. Win-Win.

Now they can melt down the mithril for materials in their volcanic forge, if they have one.

PS: Cheesemakers need milk. The outside of Shielddawn is pallisaded and snowy, there are no areas where I saw cows. No milk, no work for a cheesemaker.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Updated 09/14
« Reply #1803 on: October 27, 2014, 05:14:20 am »

P.S.  Misty planning the downfall of the fort in collaboration with plump helmet men would be awesome.
+1

This produced a mental image of dwarves being brewed in my mind. Hmmm...

Misty: if you are ordered to make armor rather than cheese, attempt to make armor out of cheese.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 27, 2014, 06:24:51 am »

Misty: In memory of your Elf-beau, try to get some of the survivors (if any) captured alive. Any excuse will do, so long as it stops that excessive death he was set against.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 27, 2014, 06:27:36 am »

Oh hey, another quick thought.

1.  Our elf here doesn't look quite dead yet.  In fact it looks to me rather straight forward he's looking towards the guy with the axe quite angrily. Correct me if I'm just seeing things.
2.  The position of the bolt appears to have entered the neck at a diagonal - not at the horizontal, meaning that assuming an elf has similar anatomy to a human, it would miss the main jugular and carotid.  What would likely be hit would be the anterior jugular vein - bloodworks galore still, but a somewhat slower death sentence. (i.e. a few minutes instead of seconds) I would assume this would give time for some last words and such.
3.  Last words assume the bolt did not strike the Larynx, though if it hit the larynx, we would see bleeding, but not likely death-dealing blow.  But this option gives a mute, living elf. (and if elf could stay alive, my personal vote for progression.  Should that not be an option, I'd still like to hear some last words, either supportive of misty or spiteful towards -someone.-)
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1807 on: October 27, 2014, 06:33:00 am »

Evaris, that elf is dead. He is almost passed out from pain and blood loss, lying on the floor, surrounded by crossbow dwarves in rampants, facing a fully platemail clad dwarf with a great axe.

Even if he wouldnt be killed outright, non-civ members are not treated by doctors, he'd die of infection.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 27, 2014, 06:45:12 am »

The elf get the axe at the last frame (it's animated, wait for it).

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 27, 2014, 07:01:11 am »

The first person who believed in our cheese making dreams got shot in the neck with an arrow.

Fuck our life so hard.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1810 on: October 27, 2014, 07:23:13 am »

Curse the inevitability of it all.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 27, 2014, 07:28:21 am »

Oh, and since I forgot earlier:
Dammit, am I the only one who never atom smash monarchs, kill immigrants, design 'daycares' and happily trade XXsocksXX with elves?

That's the way I play as well.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 27, 2014, 07:59:01 am »

No, you're not the only one.  Except for the bit about the socks.  I'm not sure what you meant by that.

1.  Our elf here doesn't look quite dead yet.  In fact it looks to me rather straight forward he's looking towards the guy with the axe quite angrily. Correct me if I'm just seeing things.

He's alive in that frame.  The axedwarf finishes him off.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: October 27, 2014, 08:04:01 am »

Misty: never say that you are cheesemaker, because you risk being atom-smashed

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 27, 2014, 08:05:03 am »

No, you're not the only one.  Except for the bit about the socks.  I'm not sure what you meant by that.
5-6 years in, dwarven forts can buy  entire caravans with used laundry. I always wondered how in their right mind merchants could be ecstatic about it.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 348