Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767372 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) MEGA UPDATE 10/27
« Reply #1845 on: October 27, 2014, 07:32:29 pm »

Say, do we know what the name of Misty's civilization is, and the name of the group that runs shielddawn?

I haven't come up with names for the Mountainhomes or the group name, actually. 

There's the Northern Mountainhome (the one that Misty is from and spawned Shielddawn.  Emblem is three halos)
The Western Mountainhome (borders the ocean, close to human territory.  Emblem is a crown with three points)
And the Eastern Mountainhome (in the jungles to the east, isolated and very savage landscape.  Emblem is an anvil with three flames).

If you guys want to suggest some potential names, I'll pick ones that sound good and make them canon.

So I've made some fan art...Sort of, in a sense. I can't draw for my life, but if a picture is worth a thousand words, than a thousand words is worth a picture...

Shielddawn Overseer cancels construct minecart shotgun: interrupted by migrant wave.
> Check descriptions for new migrants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If people would like, I'll do the other dwarves, though I'll have to do even more guesswork about dates than I did for Misty.

1)  This is amazing, and pretty damn spot-on for however little information I've given.
2)  The tentative timeline I've given before was long, long, looong before I'd hammered out any real plot.  The timeline (non-spoilery) goes thusly:

Years Prior  Year   Notable Event
      0         357    Misty Arrives at Shielddawn.
     -1         356    Darkerdaffodil's wife becomes pregnant with their first child.
     -7         350    Legendary Demi-God Hero Zon Lokumarak dies and is entombed at Shielddawn.
     -12       345    Misty is born.  War ends the same year and Zon retires to Shielddawn.
     -15       342    Reg is born.  The Queen migrates to Sheilddawn the same year.
     -20       337    Shielddawn is founded.   Mosus Bothonnazom is declared a Duke the same year.
     -30       327    Tipping point of the Elf-Dwarf war in favor of the Dwarves.
     -36       321    Darkerdaffodil is born.
     -55       312    Zon is born. 
     -78       279    War begins to tipping in favor of the Elves.
     -107      250    War declared between Elves and Dwarves.
     -112      245    Gruzzluss Holt becomes Captain of the Mountainhome Guard.
     -120      237    Mosus is born.
     -165      192    Gruzzluss is born.

Dwarfy

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanted: Dead or with Chives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 27, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »

Years Prior  Year   Notable Event
      0         357    Misty Arrives at Shielddawn.
     -1         356    Darkerdaffodil's wife becomes pregnant with their first child.
     -7         350    Legendary Demi-God Hero Zon Lokumarak dies and is entombed at Shielddawn.
     -12       345    Misty is born.  War ends the same year and Zon retires to Shielddawn.
     -15       342    Reg is born.  The Queen migrates to Sheilddawn the same year.
     -20       337    Shielddawn is founded.   Mosus Bothonnazom is declared a Duke the same year.
     -30       327    Tipping point of the Elf-Dwarf war in favor of the Dwarves.
     -36       321    Darkerdaffodil is born.
     -55       312    Zon is born. 
     -78       279    War begins to tipping in favor of the Elves.
     -107      250    War declared between Elves and Dwarves.
     -112      245    Gruzzluss Holt becomes Captain of the Mountainhome Guard.
     -120      237    Mosus is born.
     -165      192    Gruzzluss is born.

Darkerdaffodil's wife becomes pregnant with their first child.

Darkerdaffodil's wife becomes pregnant with their first child.

:'(
"Necromancy is sort of like Jaywalking. It's not illegal, just frowned upon."

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 27, 2014, 08:36:30 pm »

Dirty elves got what was coming to em...
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Your name is Reg Pashmad and boy, do you have a headache.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:06:17 pm by evictedSaint »

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) ANOTHER UPDATE 10/27
« Reply #1849 on: October 27, 2014, 11:23:15 pm »

Aw shit. cliff hanger's much. love'n it!
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) ANOTHER UPDATE 10/27
« Reply #1850 on: October 28, 2014, 12:42:50 am »

It's okay,  so many characters died that Holt and Reg should be immune to death for a while!  R-right?   :-[
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 28, 2014, 12:58:14 am »

Me might want to get the mood screen for Reg before she bites it.

...Like Misty will bite into those murderers, when she makes them into cheese!
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 28, 2014, 01:43:25 am »

Soooo my opinions revised:

1.  Misty is traumatized.  Foul mood in which she makes either a bone two handed sword or bone throne is optional.  If/Whichever is made, it is covered in carvings of Darkerdaffodil and images regarding vengeance, and possibly encrusted with diamonds, obsidian, and steel spikes.  -just- to piss off the fort more for using rare materials on a bone mood item.
2.  Fort sees her highest skills are in cheesemaking and misc object user, the former being useless they toss her in a militia, possibly leading a new squad made up of mostly other migrants.
3.  Misty uses off time to plot revenge alongside plumpy.
4.  Reg is now a nightcreature but won't know it for a good while.  Gets up and looks around.

Just my opinions / thoughts.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 28, 2014, 04:00:37 am »

4.  Reg is now a nightcreature but won't know it for a good while.  Gets up and looks around.

+1

It's the scratch on her arm. Some werebeast bit her.

Let's vote what kind of werebeast bit her!

Poll, poll, poll!
My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 28, 2014, 05:39:09 am »

+1

It's the scratch on her arm. Some werebeast bit her.

Let's vote what kind of werebeast bit her!

Poll, poll, poll!

Wait, weres can be almost anything, right?

Reg is now a Werechicken.

Seriously though, let's change her into a Weremonitor or similar. Kobolds look like humanoid lizards, right?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:42:32 am by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 28, 2014, 05:55:18 am »

There's the Northern Mountainhome (the one that Misty is from and spawned Shielddawn.  Emblem is three halos)
The Western Mountainhome (borders the ocean, close to human territory.  Emblem is a crown with three points)
And the Eastern Mountainhome (in the jungles to the east, isolated and very savage landscape.  Emblem is an anvil with three flames).
Symbols which really love the number three... Holy crud they're Cutie Marks! :P

Seriously though, let's change her into a Weremonitor or similar. Kobolds look like humanoid lizards, right?
Some people have them like furry lizard-like things?

Also... I'm ignoring the wife line. Maybe it'll go away? :-X
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:01:50 am by Chimerat »

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: October 28, 2014, 09:22:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Werebeasts can only be mammals or reptiles, so no werechicken. :) But that koboldish were-monitor-lizard would be... interesting.

Still, I'd vote for wereopossum. :D
My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: October 28, 2014, 09:58:03 am »

Whoo, boy.  That's not going to be good for her sense of well-being.  Poor Misty...

(Ninja) Weremammoth.  We don't ask how a weremammoth got into those tunnels, just as we don't ask how it can be a ninja.  It simply is.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 28, 2014, 10:16:57 am »

Take off our helmet and prepare to wield it as a weapon

Also, I forgot to say this before, but that part where Plumpie asked the elf to fix him was absolutely precious.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:30 am »

Using our new ninja were mammoth skills, karate chop anything and everything.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 348