Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767484 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update x2 10/28
« Reply #1905 on: October 30, 2014, 12:23:56 am »

Also guys, notice that EvictedSaint's tagline is now pseudocode for: If annoyed with fans, kill off Reg. Don't make any sudden moves if you want her to live.

Unless you are Reg, then move as suddenly as possible.

I'm scared!  Poor Reg!  Please ES, tell us what offerings we can make to save Reg.  We live to serve!

I'd probably advise people to stop going on about weremammoths and weremonitors; this night creature probably isn't even a werebeast given what little we've seen of it, so trying to force of the issue would definitely be something that could be construed as "annoying", and thus fufilling the condition in Saint's tagline.

That said, I really hope Reg lives, she's honestly one of my favorite characters.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1906 on: October 30, 2014, 10:39:06 am »

It could be any one of a number of things at this point.  But out of curiosity, I wonder if Reg's hatred of kobolds would extend to niths, their feral, tamable underground cousins?

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 30, 2014, 11:13:41 am »

It could be any one of a number of things at this point.  But out of curiosity, I wonder if Reg's hatred of kobolds would extend to niths, their feral, tamable underground cousins?

In story terms probably, in game terms, Kobolds aren't even hateable from what I recall, but I took the occasional liberty in the mood screens for Misty and Reg; ie describing Misty as tall given she's the same height as most of the adult dwarves in the story at age twelve, despite the fact that in game, sentient creatures reach their full size at 12 years of age.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »

You can hate anything if you try hard enough!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 30, 2014, 12:37:00 pm »

Wait is that for real? I've never heard of a dwarf with anti-preferences for anything other than a type of vermin. In fact, according to the wiki, it's not possible for a person to have their own race in their preferences.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:39:16 pm by Archereon »
It was inevitable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1910 on: October 30, 2014, 12:42:19 pm »

Wait is that for real? I've never heard of a dwarf with anti-preferences for anything other than a type of vermin. In fact, according to the wiki, it's not possible for a person to have their own race in their preferences.
So you never heard a person say: "People... what a bunch of bastards.", a human hating humans? :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 30, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »

So you never heard a person say: "People... what a bunch of bastards.", a human hating humans? :P

In real life, yes. In dwarf fortress, I didn't believe the way preferences worked would allow that, since I was under the impression that anti-preferences would only be chosen from creatures with the hateable vermin tag.
It was inevitable.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 30, 2014, 12:52:38 pm »

If it's real, it's from a modded game.  You normally can't get preferences for "dwarf nail" and "dwarf eye tissue" either.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 30, 2014, 12:53:57 pm »

If it's real, it's from a modded game.  You normally can't get preferences for "dwarf nail" and "dwarf eye tissue" either.

Yeah, I assume they'd need to add hateable vermin to dwarves to enable this, but isn't that a vermin exclusive tag?
It was inevitable.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 30, 2014, 12:54:47 pm »

With the power of raw dupes, you, too can have dwarf eye tissue furniture!

Yeah, I assume they'd need to add hateable vermin to dwarves to enable this, but isn't that a vermin exclusive tag?

As discovered in Dwarf Fortress From Scratch, it works perfectly if applied to any creature.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 30, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

Noted, though I'm fairly sure there would need to be multiple creatures named "dwarves" in the raws for it to appear multiple times, and I'd assume you wouldn't be able to have your own race as an anti-preference just like you can't have it as a preference.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:37:32 pm by Archereon »
It was inevitable.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 30, 2014, 01:05:03 pm »

Nah, just [NAME:blah:dwarves, dwarves and dwarves:blah] would do the trick. Would have to, even, because I'm sure dwarves can only have one detested creature.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 30, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »

There was just one race of dwarves. I used DFHack to give her weird preferences.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 30, 2014, 01:17:49 pm »

Woah waoh waoh, how did I miss this. Yes yes, too much time spent in FG&RP, now shush.

PTW!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 30, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »

There was just one race of dwarves. I used DFHack to give her weird preferences.
Hacking hate into the very core.
How much did he/she lasted before getting mad and punching her kinsmen to death?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 348