Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767270 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 12/18
« Reply #2415 on: December 21, 2014, 01:30:57 pm »

So you'd just need to add the [PET] tag to dwarves and make them milkable or make sheep intelligent?
What? No. Dwarves dont produce milk, and sheep wouldnt be civ members. Neither one would work.
Could you just add milk tags to the raws for dwarves to make them produce milk?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 21, 2014, 01:36:31 pm »

I said that you'd have to make them milkable.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2417 on: December 21, 2014, 01:38:09 pm »

Doesnt work, civ members cant be milked. Btw, this is seriously off topic. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:35 pm »

It's dwarf fortress, off topic is its natural state

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: December 21, 2014, 05:10:59 pm »

Of course. If we were able to stay on topic for more than a few posts, we would betray our dwarfine -

Captain Game cancels Write Comment - Interrupted by unclaimed sock in backyard

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 21, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »

That was exactly what I was thinking and more or less my intention when I wrote what I did.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: December 21, 2014, 08:46:26 pm »

Well technically if you check in Dfhack(which masterworks should have) they do, everyone has Souls(even freshly created zombies, down to the monsters rigs fought, to bogeymen) or they won't have a personality or dreams or what not later on in 40.xx series.
Just that while this is true I don't think Datan knows about this. Misty could just pray for the Putnam/warmist God to cram an Elf soul into Datan.
Then there's the whole Warlock subset which everyone who dies drops a soul which could be used.... wait
Misty pull one of your hourglass do dads from your hair and search for the elf soul... you can totally make a phylactery and keep Darkerderp soul forever.

This.  Totally do this.
Pls no
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 21, 2014, 09:32:32 pm »

Well technically if you check in Dfhack(which masterworks should have) they do, everyone has Souls(even freshly created zombies, down to the monsters rigs fought, to bogeymen) or they won't have a personality or dreams or what not later on in 40.xx series.
Just that while this is true I don't think Datan knows about this. Misty could just pray for the Putnam/warmist God to cram an Elf soul into Datan.
Then there's the whole Warlock subset which everyone who dies drops a soul which could be used.... wait
Misty pull one of your hourglass do dads from your hair and search for the elf soul... you can totally make a phylactery and keep Darkerderp soul forever.

This.  Totally do this.
Pls no
Take the soul and use it to enchant a battleaxe. Use the battleaxe to chop down trees

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 21, 2014, 09:38:38 pm »

This.  Totally do this.
Pls no
Take the soul and use it to enchant a battleaxe. Use the battleaxe to chop down trees

Once she's done asking about elves, Misty should ask Kulet if Dwarf Fortress players have souls, at which point Kulet should almost laugh herself to death.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: December 21, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »

This.  Totally do this.
Pls no

Once she's done asking about elves, Misty should ask Kulet if Dwarf Fortress players have souls, at which point Kulet should almost laugh herself to death.
No, ask about kobolds
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: December 21, 2014, 10:19:08 pm »

This.  Totally do this.
Pls no

No, ask about kobolds
Kobolds have souls.
Brains is what they lack.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 23, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:D
My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: December 23, 2014, 01:12:50 pm »

Everyone: have a welcome party. Let the dead elves rot in the anteroom, cleanup can wait. I mean, you're not expecting a visit from a friendly neighbourhood necromancer, are you? There sure are none of those around, no sir/ma'am.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: December 23, 2014, 02:29:49 pm »

Everyone: have a welcome party. Let the dead elves rot in the anteroom, cleanup can wait. I mean, you're not expecting a visit from a friendly neighbourhood necromancer, are you? There sure are none of those around, no sir/ma'am.

on the other hand, if the necromancer does show up and she takes elf's soul for whatever the necromancer might try to make her his/her apprentice, you know, lure her to the dark side and all that.  Zombie cheese, just think of it.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: December 24, 2014, 12:20:06 am »

on the other hand, if the necromancer does show up and she takes elf's soul for whatever the necromancer might try to make her his/her apprentice, you know, lure her to the dark side and all that.  Zombie cheese, just think of it.

Because, as people have said about 20 times, the necromancer is definitely a (possibly THE) legendary cheesemaker. S/he may also be one of Misty's biological parents, because Star Wars.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 348