Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767602 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 1/11
« Reply #2730 on: January 16, 2015, 10:10:26 pm »

Wait a minute, aren't all corpses stripped naked before being hauled off to the refuse pile?

This is correct, but she could easily grab a memento while grabing the corpses to haul to the refuse pile.  Like say, elven socks.
Game-mechanically, all clothing just magically falls off when you die.  It lies in the same tile as your corpse, but is not on your corpse any longer.  Of course, that wouldn't make sense in the illustrated story....
Worse, you actually lose your grip on the items, which means dorfs don't wear clothing, their various body parts hang on to their designated pieces until they die.
Readers: Worry about Misty instead.

We are but our attentions wonder while we wait.
I actually think Reg needs a turn now.
Reg and Holt: Head to Sheilddawn
+1

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: January 16, 2015, 10:51:46 pm »

Wait a minute, aren't all corpses stripped naked before being hauled off to the refuse pile?

This is correct, but she could easily grab a memento while grabing the corpses to haul to the refuse pile.  Like say, elven socks.
Game-mechanically, all clothing just magically falls off when you die.  It lies in the same tile as your corpse, but is not on your corpse any longer.  Of course, that wouldn't make sense in the illustrated story....
Worse, you actually lose your grip on the items, which means dorfs don't wear clothing, their various body parts hang on to their designated pieces until they die.
Does that mean dwarves have little fingers on all their body parts that cling to their clothes? Actually it would probably be their body hair grabbing all their clothes...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: January 17, 2015, 03:31:55 am »

I try not to think about it too much, but while humiliating an elf queen after she hocked some spit on me I was removing her limbs and then waiting an hour so she wouldn't bleed out and each time she respawned with a full set of clothing, which then results in "the elf queen loses hold of the..." with all the stuff that would go on missing limbs falling to the ground.

When you consider you can wrestle someone and grab their back teeth with your lower leg while applying a joint lock on their knee with the upper part of the same leg, dorfs start to resemble some sort of bearded 4 limbed monstrosity which behaves like a cross between an octopus, a bunch of velcro, and far too many fingers.

Anyway, I'm still wanting to see how Reg is handling things after... resolving her monster problem last time we saw her and Holt.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2733 on: January 17, 2015, 04:38:47 am »

I try not to think about it too much, but while humiliating an elf queen after she hocked some spit on me I was removing her limbs and then waiting an hour so she wouldn't bleed out and each time she respawned with a full set of clothing, which then results in "the elf queen loses hold of the..." with all the stuff that would go on missing limbs falling to the ground.

When you consider you can wrestle someone and grab their back teeth with your lower leg while applying a joint lock on their knee with the upper part of the same leg, dorfs start to resemble some sort of bearded 4 limbed monstrosity which behaves like a cross between an octopus, a bunch of velcro, and far too many fingers.

Anyway, I'm still wanting to see how Reg is handling things after... resolving her monster problem last time we saw her and Holt.

It is terrifying.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: January 17, 2015, 10:28:30 am »

It is terrifying.

No, it was inevitable.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: January 17, 2015, 06:40:14 pm »

It is terrifying.
No, it was inevitable.

This is why I love Dwarf Fortress.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: January 17, 2015, 09:03:18 pm »

I'm never putting another quarter in a magic fingers bed at the cheap motel ever again.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: January 18, 2015, 12:30:52 am »

I'm never putting another quarter in a magic fingers bed at the cheap motel ever again.

:D That was hilarious.

I'm actually starting to worry about what the new overseer will be like.
New Overseer: walk in drinking a flagon of elf blood and singing butchered dwarven songs
+1
+1

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: January 20, 2015, 08:11:19 am »

Given the strange, arcane means how overseers are chosen, it could really be anyone...
hamster cheese supplies are low

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2739 on: January 20, 2015, 09:00:01 am »

It is terrifying.
No, it was inevitable.

I don't have anything to contribute,  I just like quote pyramids.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: January 20, 2015, 06:44:02 pm »

-Snopsodies-
I don't have anything to contribute,  I just like quote pyramids.

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: January 21, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »

i'm so fucking sick of drawing mushroom men you guys i s2g

"oh these next few pages will be easy, they're all the same color and shape" jfc. 

update in a day or two.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2742 on: January 22, 2015, 12:54:07 am »

Copy/paste is your friend. Just make sure to do back-to front or the stacking will look all derpy.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: January 22, 2015, 03:06:53 am »

Well that doesn't bode well for our C Plot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: January 22, 2015, 02:20:16 pm »

Well that doesn't bode well for our C Plot.

It's fine, it was simply more involved than I planned.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 348