Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767398 times)

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 2/21 - END OF CHAPTER 3
« Reply #3090 on: February 27, 2015, 12:25:08 am »

Yeah, I don't think we're ready to leave Misty just yet either.
+1   

I think we need some kind of "resolution" from that scene - it doesn't have to be much, but at least have an inkling as to what is next for Misty.  Our intrepid guard duo can wait - not forever, but it can wait :)
hamster cheese supplies are low

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: February 27, 2015, 01:32:17 am »

How about a compromise? One more update with Misty, then we'll go check up on Reg.

It's an interactive story, guys.  I want to make sure you have an appropriate amount of influence on how the story goes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: February 27, 2015, 02:57:44 am »

I vote for sticking with Misty.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3093 on: February 27, 2015, 03:25:48 am »

How about a compromise? One more update with Misty, then we'll go check up on Reg.

It's an interactive story, guys.  I want to make sure you have an appropriate amount of influence on how the story goes.
Ok, please make an interlude with the necromancer. Just one picture, ominous looking guy, you only see the back, he is rubbing his hands, saying "muhahah, and so it begins". :P

After all we need a bad guy, don't we? So far it's Misty being a normal migrant, nothing out of the ordinary. Dead elf merchants, hauling, people not caring about deaths...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: February 27, 2015, 03:38:38 am »

Ok, please make an interlude with the necromancer. Just one picture, ominous looking guy, you only see the back, he is rubbing his hands, saying "muhahah, and so it begins". :P

After all we need a bad guy, don't we? So far it's Misty being a normal migrant, nothing out of the ordinary. Dead elf merchants, hauling, people not caring about deaths...

It's our experience talking. The discarded corpse, a tower in the distance...

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: February 27, 2015, 07:21:55 am »

Misty befriends GCS, Hydra or BC in holding pens down by arena.

Also, lovin it saint.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: February 27, 2015, 08:27:22 am »

I accept the terms of this compromise on the condition that the last update with Misty is dramatic as hell and leaves us all pissing our pants waiting for the next update. The only problem is, then you will have to either be really funny or super amazing with the Reg update to satisfy everyone. So far you haven't disappointed, and I have full confidence that you're not going to until finals week, which is months away. ( >_< I don't know about you, but I'm dreading it. I'm having difficulty just keeping up with my course work at this point. I managed to paint myself into the worst collegiate corner possible: 18 credit hours. And I'm just a mere freshman! It's been a trial-by-fire so far, and if I come through this unscathed and actually manage to pick up competency in my course material, then I don't think anything will faze me again until senior year.  And I can't afford to drop classes at this point. :| If anyone's been wondering why I've been acting so strange and randomly disappearing, that's what's  up. Sorry to turn your thread into my blog eS, but I thought you'd sympathize so I went ahead and did it anyway. )

It's our experience talking. The discarded corpse, a tower in the distance...
I concur.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: February 27, 2015, 11:20:15 am »

Misty befriends GCS, Hydra or BC or dragon in holding pens down by arena.

Also, lovin it saint.
+1
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: February 27, 2015, 12:03:14 pm »

Also a Reg interlude would be nice... feeling that misty isn't THAT interesting right now.

Are you sure? :\

What about the rest of you?  You guys want to go back and visit Reg for a while?

Yeah, I feel that here is a good way to let Misty and her sadness wait for a while.

By interlude I mean that a two-update interlude is fine with me. "Meanwhile, in the lair of the night troll...". Then we go back to misty.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: February 27, 2015, 12:35:49 pm »

Also a Reg interlude would be nice... feeling that misty isn't THAT interesting right now.

Are you sure? :\

What about the rest of you?  You guys want to go back and visit Reg for a while?

Personally, I think we have a good cliffhanger for Misty at the moment. I feel we can move onto a different character for the moment. A good "MEANWHILE" scene would be cool with me.

But whatever happens, I'm good with it. I'm just happy you're still doing this.

Yeah, I feel that here is a good way to let Misty and her sadness wait for a while.

By interlude I mean that a two-update interlude is fine with me. "Meanwhile, in the lair of the night troll...". Then we go back to misty.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 01, 2015, 03:00:47 pm »

I really am not for the idea of a bad guy right now. Honestly, the direction the story is going is perfect.

When this series started, Misty was as innocent as a young dwarf could be. Then we begin to see her develop into maturity. She's facing the truths of the world she lives in and recognizing different cultures, religions, lifestyles, and had even become friends with an elf. But over the majority of the series, she's remained innocent.

Now she has just witnessed a slaughter. A group of innocent, sentient beings killed in cold blood because of their race and way of life. Her friend was killed in front of her. To add to all of this, she had to drag his corpse to a giant, ungraceful pile of refuse. Before, she had only faced the fact there were different people in the world. Now she sees the horrors of real life. Some people hate those who aren't the same as them, and will kill for that reason alone.

Watching her transformation so far has been interesting enough, and now we get to see her react to all of this even further. She'll have to choose a side, Hate those everyone hates, or be rebellious toward the ancient dwarven way.

This is perfect for now, as it is showing an incredibly deep story set within a game that, if it were to happen, you would ignore. Also, having the story take place inside of one fortress (For now.) is perfect, because we can see the intensity of the dilemmas that happen inside.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: March 01, 2015, 03:49:31 pm »

I really am not for the idea of a bad guy right now. Honestly, the direction the story is going is perfect.

When this series started, Misty was as innocent as a young dwarf could be. Then we begin to see her develop into maturity. She's facing the truths of the world she lives in and recognizing different cultures, religions, lifestyles, and had even become friends with an elf. But over the majority of the series, she's remained innocent.

Now she has just witnessed a slaughter. A group of innocent, sentient beings killed in cold blood because of their race and way of life. Her friend was killed in front of her. To add to all of this, she had to drag his corpse to a giant, ungraceful pile of refuse. Before, she had only faced the fact there were different people in the world. Now she sees the horrors of real life. Some people hate those who aren't the same as them, and will kill for that reason alone.

Watching her transformation so far has been interesting enough, and now we get to see her react to all of this even further. She'll have to choose a side, Hate those everyone hates, or be rebellious toward the ancient dwarven way.

This is perfect for now, as it is showing an incredibly deep story set within a game that, if it were to happen, you would ignore. Also, having the story take place inside of one fortress (For now.) is perfect, because we can see the intensity of the dilemmas that happen inside.
That's certainly one interpretation of the current events. However to say that the motivation for killing the elves is hatred, I think, is a bit much. It's simply pragmatism. Once these trading elves got back to the treehomes, any mention of Shielddawn's treatment of trees would lead to a siege.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 01, 2015, 04:08:31 pm »

That's certainly one interpretation of the current events. However to say that the motivation for killing the elves is hatred, I think, is a bit much. It's simply pragmatism. Once these trading elves got back to the treehomes, any mention of Shielddawn's treatment of trees would lead to a siege.
Which would, in turn, lead to the slaughter of hundreds more elves. Really, it's best for everyone this way...

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 01, 2015, 04:18:08 pm »

Right.

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 01, 2015, 06:58:34 pm »

Which would, in turn, lead to the slaughter of hundreds more elves. Really, it's best for everyone this way...
Well, in Misty's eyes, they were innocent, and she doesn't know the reason for the sudden attack. But I should have written the post a bit better.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 348