Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1768108 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 2/21 - END OF CHAPTER 3
« Reply #3135 on: March 07, 2015, 01:48:32 am »

So far not much more than a day has gone by since the start of the web comic.

Wasn't there a timeskip involved with the migrant group while they traveled to Shieldawn?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: March 07, 2015, 02:53:31 am »

Wasn't there a timeskip involved with the migrant group while they traveled to Shieldawn?

Nope.

Edit: at least, not a major one.  Any time the camera switches away, time is still progressing linearly.  If we check up on Reg for three hours, then three hours passes for Misty And vice versa.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:59:21 pm by evictedSaint »

clemtine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: March 07, 2015, 06:58:36 pm »

A suggestion, could next/prev links be added to the top and/or bottom of each story post so it would be easy to follow along.

That...is actually a fantastic idea.

Yes, it is. Please do this.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: March 07, 2015, 07:21:03 pm »

That link idea... it's going to be a medium sized chunk of work, but it's really going to enhance readability.  Definitely would get me to re-read from the start :)
hamster cheese supplies are low

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker (Illustrated Interactive Story) Update 2/5
« Reply #3139 on: March 08, 2015, 08:39:52 am »

-snip-
Misty observes a forgotten beast attack, A vile force of Darkness arrives, or and the Dead Rise

I want to see such pedestrian, blassé, events become horrifying and seen through the eyes of a little girl... To rightly see just how much these things would actually effect the dwarves.
ftfy  :P
It doesn't even have to be the eyes of a little girl, just to see the events happen in a more realistic portrayal than ascii tiles would probably be enough...

Perhaps it will even encourage us to stop sending cannon fodders at problem without caring about the dozen of drowning citizen left and the starving nobles right.

clemtine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: March 08, 2015, 12:13:29 pm »

Misty: Seek out Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun, decide you must make cheese. Right now, go find a farmer's workshop and make cheese. You need to make cheese to honor your god!

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: March 12, 2015, 06:27:45 pm »

Good work!

PTW

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: March 12, 2015, 10:29:55 pm »

Misty: Seek out Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun, decide you must make cheese. Right now, go find a farmer's workshop and make cheese. You need to make cheese to honor your god!

There definitely is going to be a lot of chaos - it will take some time for the new overseer to figure out how the fortress work.  Plenty of time to sneakily make a few wheel of cheese...
hamster cheese supplies are low

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: March 13, 2015, 01:48:50 am »

Have I already suggested this?

Misty: while scampering in the hopes of "being alone," run into Rovod (the small child).  Attempt to bond.  Discover he took the puzzlebox.  Just make things worse.

There, managed to get that thing back in somehow.

--Rexfelum

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: March 13, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »

After rereading the first two chapters, it occurs to me that the Necromancer might not really be all that evil after all? I mean... He was just using zombies as labor because zombies don't have feelings and what-not. Kind of like how we use robots. Granted, there's no telling exactly why he was building the road, but still...

EDIT: At some point, we should also have Reg actually encounter a kobold and take pity on it because of how gaunt and pathetic it is. Maybe even take it with her after slaughtering its entire family or something if it's very young.

+With kobolds' crazy fast life-cycle, it'll be an angsty teenager by the end of a year and a bitter conflicted adult with identity problems by the end of another.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:59:02 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: March 15, 2015, 05:15:44 pm »

Just posting to say I really enjoy your efforts evictedSaint.
And that I would gladly wear my life blood in the style of Armok so you can go through life in comfort and that your every dream,wish and fantasy can come true...
Just so I can have my selfish desire fulfilled...seeing more of your obviously inspired work.

;.;

Through these 'pages' You have shed something more precious than blood, the very tears of those who admire and adore your gifts. May they quench the fires of your burdens and Armok craft your life anew.

-----
Cheesy I know, but-
I...
I'll leave it at that. :)
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: March 16, 2015, 04:48:42 am »

Don't worry, more is still coming.  I had an unexpected hiatus this past month. A perfect storm of inconveniences aligned and I've been unable to make much progress on the start of chapter 4...which I had decided to make time-consumingly elaborate, since it seems underestimating how long things take is my defining character trait.  But yes, the next update is taking much longer than anticipated, so please bear with me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:08:28 pm by evictedSaint »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: March 16, 2015, 09:15:09 am »

It wasn't a criticism nor a complaint of your update speed, I read this all just yesterday and it left me with a profound appreciation of your art and storytelling.
I am sorry if that was not communicated very well.  :-\
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: March 16, 2015, 11:52:55 am »

Don't worry, more is still coming.  I had an unexpected haitus this past month. A perfect storm of inconveniences aligned and I've been unable to make much progress on the start of chapter 4...which I had decided to make time-consumingly elaborate, since it seems underestimating how long things take are my defining character trait.  But yes, the next update is taking much longer than anticipated, so please bear with me.

I'm alway excited to see what would happen next, and maybe one day we'll see gnomes and succubi too.  :P

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: March 16, 2015, 01:38:31 pm »

Don't worry, more is still coming.  I had an unexpected hiatus this past month. A perfect storm of inconveniences aligned and I've been unable to make much progress on the start of chapter 4...which I had decided to make time-consumingly elaborate, since it seems underestimating how long things take is my defining character trait.  But yes, the next update is taking much longer than anticipated, so please bear with me.
Understood. I sympathize with that as a storm of inconvenience and some floundering in personal relationships have my comic on indefinite hiatus. I'd like to get around to it again before I die, but it won't be one of my life's great regrets if I don't, unlike some things more directly affected by the IRL issues. Besides that, as I understand it you are a sophomore in college, just speaking as a freshman I'm not surprised most of your time is gone. Don't worry, we all support you and will wait patiently (though not always without complaining ;p ) for your updates. Besides, it's a convenient way to build tension, even if you didn't mean it that way, which will only have us more floored when the next amazing installment comes in. ( At least, IMO. )
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 348