Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767886 times)

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker-Updated 3/30 (Start of Chapter 4)
« Reply #3315 on: April 12, 2015, 09:36:54 pm »

I know I've never had Photobucket ever delete anything on me, or move it for that matter (although you will have to change the tags here if you put the image into a new folder over there), and I've been using it for a while now. Free too, assuming you can put up with some ads. Says it's only 99˘ to get rid of those though.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: April 12, 2015, 09:38:17 pm »

oh pls no I see broken photo bucket links all over the place in old threads.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: April 12, 2015, 09:44:28 pm »

^This

It's too bad I can't host the images directly onto the forum.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: April 12, 2015, 09:48:45 pm »

^This

It's too bad I can't host the images directly onto the forum.

That's probably because they moved the pictures into a new folder while they were reorganizing and then forgot to redo the img tags on the fourms. In something like this thread, I don't think that would be a problem. The readers would certainly point it out if it did.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: April 12, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »

I think I've got a reasonable solution worked out, but it's gonna take a while.  I've gotta reupload all the images, and then go through and modify each page so that each image is linked correctly...which is a huge pain in the ass, since I've averaged an update every week for the past year, with about ~8 images per update.  So...about 416 or so links I've got to fix? gdi.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: April 13, 2015, 12:43:42 pm »

I think you can mass-upload images to postimage.org. That's what I use, and it does not delete things. I have pics from the beginning of my time at bay12 still up in their old threads.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: April 13, 2015, 02:25:18 pm »

Just make an imgur account and use it.

Imgur tends to drop images if they aren't accessed frequently enough though, doesn't it? Or does that not happen with an account?

I think that went away when they dropped their pro account options:

http://imgur.com/blog/2015/02/09/imgur-pro-for-everyone/

Even when that didn't exist I think the bar was incredibly low. It was something like 2 views every month or something stupid like that.

That said you can't ever really be sure about changes in policies.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: April 14, 2015, 07:28:36 am »

I think (almost?) everything I've uploaded to imgur for my forum games is still up, and those images are 1) one to two years old, and 2) not exactly frequently viewed. It may well be safe, but then, I never uploaded as much as this story. (also, other image hosting sites aren't showing embedded images for me right now).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: April 14, 2015, 11:24:49 am »

I've started uploading things to imgur, which is awful because it means I have to look at all my old art.

Did you know I didn't make separate left-right images for Misty when I started? I just flipped the sprite.  And half the time, she's not even wearing her backpack. I can only assume she takes it off and re-don's it repeatedly throughout the story.  Plus all of chapter 1 and half of chapter 2 is just me trying to nail down an art style.  It's so god damn awful.

But, it feels nice knowing I'm getting better at it.  Once I finish repairing all of the older pages (a tedious task) I'll finish up the next update and post it.  Sorry these past couple months have been so sparse, everyone.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: April 14, 2015, 11:32:35 am »

Did you know I didn't make separate left-right images for Misty when I started? I just flipped the sprite.  And half the time, she's not even wearing her backpack. I can only assume she takes it off and re-don's it repeatedly throughout the story.  Plus all of chapter 1 and half of chapter 2 is just me trying to nail down an art style.  It's so god damn awful.

She's a backpack don doffer.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: April 14, 2015, 01:06:25 pm »

And half the time, she's not even wearing her backpack. I can only assume she takes it off and re-don's it repeatedly throughout the story.

That sounds like standard dwarven behavior actually.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 14, 2015, 02:28:43 pm »

And half the time, she's not even wearing her backpack. I can only assume she takes it off and re-don's it repeatedly throughout the story.

That sounds like standard dwarven behavior actually.
Plot twist: It was a different backpack every time, using quantum storage of a backpack in a backpack in a...
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: April 14, 2015, 06:34:16 pm »

Did you know I didn't make separate left-right images for Misty when I started? I just flipped the sprite.

Did you know that I take it for granted you'd "just flip the sprite"?  A generation ago the idea began as a cheap way to reduce effort.  Then it was a joke about cheap ways to reduce effort.  Then it achieved that rare status of "joke that's repeated so much that people take it as normal."

If you're using different sprites now, is there an update where I can compare the two easily?

--Rexfelum

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 14, 2015, 07:15:35 pm »

You can see it with the little side-ponytail thingamabob she wears.

Oh god that reminds me I was fiddling around with some of the tweaks I had done to get bearded elves ([Oprah]You get a beard, you get a beard, everyone gets a beard![/Oprah]) and I didn't like the styles it gave me so I went in to tweak them with gm-editor trying to remove the neatly combed mustache/beard for double braids and somehow ended up with:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...his very long moustache is tied in a pony tail? What? How the? Is it just sticking out from under his nose or is it pulled back around the sides of his head to the back? Maybe over the top? Why is that even an option?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: April 14, 2015, 08:07:00 pm »

If you're using different sprites now, is there an update where I can compare the two easily?

--Rexfelum

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 348