Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767514 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker-Update 6/24
« Reply #3705 on: July 06, 2015, 10:53:03 pm »

VIVA LA PLUMPY!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: July 06, 2015, 10:55:39 pm »

VIVA LA PLUMPY!
Some one with photoshop skill insert a  bunch of plump helmet man heads all over the faces of people from a les miserable scene
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: July 07, 2015, 03:09:12 am »

VIVA LA PLUMPY!
Some one with photoshop skill insert a  bunch of plump helmet man heads all over the faces of people from a les miserable scene

Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

Also, if you cut a plump helmet man in half, do both halves grow to make a whole? Do they do mitosis? Can the divide indefinitely? I know little about mushrooms.
One wheel short of a wagon

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3708 on: July 07, 2015, 04:31:24 am »

Well, if you insist. It may be a poster for a play, but eh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The dwarves look on in patronising amusement.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Snowskeeper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:13 am »

Ignore remainder of loot. Be taken by a fey mood. Return to Night Troll carcass. Make clothes from its hide and jewelry from its teeth and bones.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3710 on: July 07, 2015, 09:46:47 am »

I'm making a separate post for this here :http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148777.msg6060163#msg6060163

...are you really advertising your own thread in someone else's completely unrelated thread?  Knock off the quote pyramids, guys.  I don't want to get tlcm locked or irritate toady with this.

well, you didn't want it here, so i put it in one of my other threads, as i could find no offtopic section.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: July 07, 2015, 11:03:12 am »

VIVA LA PLUMPY!

Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

Also, if you cut a plump helmet man in half, do both halves grow to make a whole? Do they do mitosis? Can the divide indefinitely? I know little about mushrooms.

That's a good question. Fungi in general are known to reproduce through both mitosis and meiosis. Mushroom people probably have enough humanization (as discussed in this thread) that they probably can reproduce in a animal-like manner as well as shooting all their spores everywhere. Stay safe around mushroom people.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: July 07, 2015, 11:42:40 am »

Where? Ah, humanization. I suppose I would thankfully have to delve a little deeper into the murky recesses of the internet to stumble across a direct discussion of helmet man reproduction.

Which is not an excuse to have one here.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: July 07, 2015, 11:47:58 am »

Where? Ah, humanization. I suppose I would thankfully have to delve a little deeper into the murky recesses of the internet to stumble across a direct discussion of helmet man reproduction.

That can be arranged! This is what the next plump helmet man comic must be about.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: July 07, 2015, 11:49:45 am »

If they were magically raised as ThreeToe said in Root, Ace posed a good point of how humanized the wizards could make their victims. Since there's no canonical evidence for reproduction in DF (thankfully), I'm siding with Ace in saying that the Helmet men are very much more human than mushroom.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: July 07, 2015, 11:51:13 am »

If they were magically raised as ThreeToe said in Root, Ace posed a good point of how humanized the wizards could make their victims. Since there's no canonical evidence for reproduction in DF (thankfully), I'm siding with Ace in saying that the Helmet men are very much more human than mushroom.
maybe they are parasites infecting another humaniod species like the last of us, any speciews that plump helmet men attack on sight?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: July 07, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »

The "philosophy" of spore reproduction of mushrooms may be instructive here.

First, mushrooms spray out a ridiculous amount of tiny spores.  Only a minute faction manage to "take root" and succeed, but there are so many of them that this still work.  It's the opposite of say, elephants who have few offsprings, but most survive to adulthood. (in biology we call this the r and the k strategies).

So if the plumpmen can infect humans, dwarves etc with their spores, or otherwise take over their community... it might explain their fatalism.  Only a few need to succeed - if the majority die before that, it doesn't matter, as long as the community is overtaken in the end.
hamster cheese supplies are low

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: July 07, 2015, 03:35:31 pm »

The "philosophy" of spore reproduction of mushrooms may be instructive here.

First, mushrooms spray out a ridiculous amount of tiny spores.  Only a minute faction manage to "take root" and succeed, but there are so many of them that this still work.  It's the opposite of say, elephants who have few offsprings, but most survive to adulthood. (in biology we call this the r and the k strategies).

So if the plumpmen can infect humans, dwarves etc with their spores, or otherwise take over their community... it might explain their fatalism.  Only a few need to succeed - if the majority die before that, it doesn't matter, as long as the community is overtaken in the end.

Can't wait for the next DF patch.

Bobguy3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: July 10, 2015, 10:01:55 pm »

I would expect that Plump Helmet Men reproduce via spores; after all don't dwarfs do the same?
Edit: Looked it up, apparently they changed that in the latest update.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:45:48 pm by Bobguy3 »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: July 10, 2015, 10:03:47 pm »

I would expect that Plump Helmet Men reproduce via spores; after all don't dwarfs do the same?

Not in the new version.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 348