Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767883 times)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 10/29
« Reply #4095 on: November 05, 2015, 03:12:44 pm »

Misty: Realize that this is why your prayers have been ineffective and nonresponsive this whole time
+1
+2, on condition that she realizes that this only explains her prayers to Cowsea. Urist McGodofsuicideandreincarnation has his own reasons for not responding.

Have a conversation about how likely a god is going to respond to any given prayer.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: November 05, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »

If a god is too unpopular they might not have the strength to respond. If a god is too popular, they get too many prayers to respond to. Rationally one should pick a medium popularity god if possible.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: November 06, 2015, 02:25:00 pm »

Misty's faith isn't based on rational analysis.  It's based on cheese!  And whatever this forum's reason was for picking the god of suicide, which I don't remember.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: November 06, 2015, 03:06:38 pm »

Misty, remember that she is in line to be overseer, so plot with Cowsea to eliminate all those above here in the order so she can turn the fortress in to a Cowsea-worshiping farming/milking/cheese making paradise.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: November 06, 2015, 03:13:05 pm »

Misty's faith isn't based on rational analysis.  It's based on cheese!  And whatever this forum's reason was for picking the god of suicide, which I don't remember.
I think it was because he is also associated with reincarnation, and Misty was making a new beginning (which is basically the same thing) at ShieldDawn.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: November 06, 2015, 03:13:27 pm »

Actually if everyone followed rational god selection then each god would already have about a medium number of followers until they start to all have too many, at which point maybe a new god would pop up. I think it would work surprisingly well.

Misty, remember that she is in line to be overseer, so plot with Cowsea to eliminate all those above here in the order so she can turn the fortress in to a Cowsea-worshiping farming/milking/cheese making paradise.

+1

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: November 06, 2015, 03:58:33 pm »

If a god is too unpopular they might not have the strength to respond. If a god is too popular, they get too many prayers to respond to. Rationally one should pick a medium popularity god if possible.
Actually if everyone followed rational god selection then each god would already have about a medium number of followers until they start to all have too many, at which point maybe a new god would pop up. I think it would work surprisingly well.
But if they get more powerful, then they would likely be able to handle their followers, presumably a "medium" number of followers would depend on the god, a powerful god gaining more followers while a lesser god had to work with fewer until they gained more power.

Sort of a chicken-and-egg scenario, do they gain power because they are popular or do they gain popularity because they have power?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: November 06, 2015, 05:34:38 pm »

Indeed. It would be interesting. I am assuming that it's not just that gods get more powerful the more followers they get, otherwise you'd expect one to eventually win out over all the others and that's uninteresting.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: November 06, 2015, 09:12:53 pm »

This reminds me of the book "small gods" be Terry Pratchet
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: November 06, 2015, 09:19:18 pm »

That book should be required reading in school.
hamster cheese supplies are low

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: November 07, 2015, 12:08:25 am »

I disagree. Requiring someone to read something they should be required to read only causes them to despise it and shun everything related to it, even when perfectly applicable to the situation and even when they've been bettered as a result. Instead, just insure it's on every shelf and let those that willst gravitate to what they ought.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: November 07, 2015, 12:46:44 pm »

I disagree. Requiring someone to read something they should be required to read only causes them to despise it and shun everything related to it, even when perfectly applicable to the situation and even when they've been bettered as a result. Instead, just insure it's on every shelf and let those that willst gravitate to what they ought.

I agree. Great book, but required reading makes people resent it.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker-Update 10/19
« Reply #4107 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:34 am »

"What."

"Nothing!  It's just...

"Gods are supposed to be really big and powerful, you know?  They can fly, I think, and they smite stuff and answer prayers and...

...you know..."

"...not get trapped in pens."

"I'm not trapped!  I'm just temporarily stuck in cow-form, and while in cow-form I can't do all the sorts of stuff I can normally do in Goddess-form!  As soon as Urist Three-Hundred-and-Six realizes that his stupid reincarnation thing didn't work he'll just zap me back!  Or that idiot Catten butchers me and my inner Goddess gets released, and I get to curse his stoney dwarf butt to the pits of hell and back!"

"Yeah, but - "

"DO NOT DOUBT ME, TINY MORTAL! I AM A GODDESS TO THE VERY CORE! WEAVER OF REALITY! BREAKER OF MINDS! AN IMMORTAL WHO ANSWERS PRAYERS WITH ONE HOOF AND SMITES BLASPHEMERS WITH THE OTHER, AND ALSO TWO OTHER ADDITIONAL THINGS WITH THE REMAINING HOOVES!  MY POWER MAY BE LIMITED WHILST IN MY MORTAL FORM, BUT BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY MY IMMORTAL FORM WOULD ROCK YOUR ALPACA WOOL SOCKS, FEEBLE MORTAL GIRL!!!!"

"...O...Oh, okay.  Just..."

"Just what."

"...are you super sure you're a God?  Like, really?"

next
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:26:26 am by evictedSaint »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 11/9
« Reply #4108 on: November 10, 2015, 12:43:37 am »

Apologize, it's because of all the things that recently happened that you doubt things.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 11/9
« Reply #4109 on: November 10, 2015, 12:45:58 am »

Welp, it's semi-regular, at least.  Super hard to churn out regular updates when I've got KSP updating to 1.0.4, Fallout 4 coming out, and a project at work I'm desperately trying to get finished.  Still, I'll try to keep it updating every ~7 or so. 

In other news, my birthday is the 11th!  I'll see if I can't do something special, maybe.  Maybe an extra update?  Text story about some aspect of the world you guys wanna know more about?  Story boards for TLCM?  IDK, what would you guys want?
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 348