Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767344 times)

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 1/13
« Reply #4260 on: January 31, 2016, 10:38:18 am »

Honestly with how long Cowsea's been around, she should have been milked by now. Go look for the milking & cheesemaking station(s), see if you can find some preexisting Cowsea milk or cheese.

If you can't tell which milk or cheese is Cowsea's, hang around the trade depot and hope that trading is set to "Anyone can trade." Just stepping in while the human caravan is present should give you enough Appraisal skill to let you identify rough dorfbuck values.

Color modified to emphasize an imminently practical idea.  Appraisal is helpful in Dwarf Fortress but even moreso in an RPG context.

I'm not opposed to the farmer's workshop idea, but seriously, this kid's stats are low.

--Rexfelum

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: February 01, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »

MAKE SOME CHEESE AND FEED IT TO EVERYONE. LONG LIVE THE CHEESEMAKERS!!!!!,?,!,!,!,!,!!,!,!!!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: February 02, 2016, 02:57:22 am »

I wonder if eating a godly steak makes a dwarf immortal. That would be a fourth way to immortality, and much more pleasant than the other three.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: February 02, 2016, 04:16:49 am »

I wonder if eating a godly steak makes a dwarf immortal. That would be a fourth way to immortality, and much more pleasant than the other three.

Other three?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: February 02, 2016, 04:29:22 am »

Other three?
Probably vampirism, necromancy, werebeasty.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: February 02, 2016, 09:41:02 am »

Other three?

Yes, I don't count thralls/zombies, because they are not sociable in fortress mode, as far as I know. Well, they are not really sociable in adventurer, too.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: February 03, 2016, 05:41:06 am »

Werebeasts can heal from any wound they can survive for a month but they still age. Don't necromancers age too? I forget.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: February 03, 2016, 11:30:45 am »

No, necromancer a don't age. I have a fort going and the civ has had the same necromancer queen since year 20.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: February 04, 2016, 08:59:17 pm »

Necromancers are immortal.......especially if they get a line-of-sight on a battlefield that has yet to be processed for loot. Then they're just a plain nightmare...resurrected goblins with armor. And steel-clad dwarves...

Wow, now I've gotten myself thinking about two things:
What if necromancers could show up on a recent battlefield, all the corpses on the field and fully armed and armored, and start getting corpses?
And:
If we euphemize soldiers to "units" or "forces" or "lines" in war, do dwarves euphemize their soldiers to "beards", or "alcoholics", or something else?

Yeah----this isn't off topic. Speaking of which, when's the next update? Do we know yet?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: February 04, 2016, 09:34:06 pm »

Other three?
Well, if you ate a god's physical form, you would probably find yourself cursed with one of those anyway...

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: February 05, 2016, 03:14:56 am »

What if necromancers could show up on a recent battlefield, all the corpses on the field and fully armed and armored, and start getting corpses?

That happens in worldgen.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: February 05, 2016, 09:14:26 pm »

Oh crap, that's a scary thought.

One of these days, I'll find myself an appropriately terrifying world to start a circus fortress on and maybe experience some necromancer antics.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: February 07, 2016, 12:23:48 pm »

I once went under siege by a necromancer who had most of his undead kitted out in steel. Even the elves. I purged that world due to such heresy. Also rage quit because there were so many I got like 3 fps.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: February 08, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »

Honestly with how long Cowsea's been around, she should have been milked by now. Go look for the milking & cheesemaking station(s), see if you can find some preexisting Cowsea milk or cheese.

Not that Cowsea's 'regular' milk isn't probably the best milk ever, but you probably need to prey to her first, maybe sacrifice some purring maggots or something before milking for maximum effect.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: February 17, 2016, 12:15:22 am »

Fffffff update tonight i really need to
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 348