Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767404 times)

SEM58

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 1/13
« Reply #4290 on: February 23, 2016, 08:17:13 pm »

Well that definitely looks like a retort on the range, so something is being distilled, but not on an industrial scale.  Process plants (vial) perhaps?  It would be the right sort of task for the kind of workshop a cheesemaker would be interested in.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: February 23, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »

Pretty certain it's a farmer's workshop. All the materials that one would presumably use for the farmer's workshop reactions are there.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: February 24, 2016, 07:51:19 pm »

a farmer's workshop.

. . . A place of craft.  A place of worship.  A place of beauty.

A place to call home.

(Or at least burrow.  Be sure to include well-stocked food and booze stockpiles.)

--Rexfelum

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: February 24, 2016, 08:17:10 pm »

Are we going to have Fermented Cow Milk Cheese!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4294 on: February 24, 2016, 09:25:32 pm »

*crickets*
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: February 25, 2016, 06:31:38 am »

*crickets*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unless something comes up later tonight, I think I have everything ready for this update and an update this weekend.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: February 25, 2016, 07:53:42 am »

[hyping internally]
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:57 pm »

Alright. It kinda looks like a kitchen now with all the chef knives. I'm still holding out for it being a sanctified farmers workshop.

SEM58

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: February 25, 2016, 04:05:07 pm »

I'm also still holding out for farmer's workshop.  There's the small retort on the range which could be used to produce golden salve (and I can't think of any kitchen task that might use a still or retort). That looks like a milking stool and pail by the shelves.  The knives could be for cutting leaves off quarry bushes and those could be bags next to the knives ready to store the leaves in.  The pans on the bottom shelf could be for coagulating milk to make curds & whey and the rollers on the left of the range could be for crushing sweet pods.  Still missing shears, spindles and a cheese press, of course (unless those are spindles sticking out of the pot at the back of the top shelf), but there are boxes and cupboards there that we can't see into.

Could be building castles in the air of course, but we'll find out soon (unless ES is still living on plutonian time:) ).

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: February 25, 2016, 05:48:02 pm »

Good point SEM. Its gotta be a farmers workshop.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 2/26
« Reply #4300 on: February 26, 2016, 06:10:01 am »

"Give me a minute, I gotta find the farmers workshop real quick!  I'll be right back!"

"Mickey - er, Mimsy?  Misty!  Misty, hold on just a second - "

You eagerly hop the fence out of the cow pens.  Your heart, once weighed down by the skulduggery nature of ShieldDawn, is now brimming with excitement.  It seems like you can make a difference after all, and realize your dream of becoming a Legendary Cheesemaker to boot!

Ah, the farmers workshop, located conveniently next door to the butchers workshop!

Inside stands everything a burgeoning young farmer needs to sharpen his skills and improve his or her workmanship.  You can barely wait to be behind its gleaming countertops.  You can already imagine the fine cheese you'll be crafting within this meager space; after all, you'll be working with the tools of the Gods themselves!!! How many cheesemakers can claim they've hewn their wheels of cheese from divine milk?  You could be the first one in history to do so!

The interior looks even more resplendent than you'd even dared to imagine.  Tools of every farm-related trade conceivable line the shelves, and even more are hidden away in the cupboards and boxes around you. 

Barrels, boxes, bags and bowls, jackpots of jugs and jars, vials of vinegar and veterinarian vaccines - everything you could ever want could be found on these shelves. 

Your task is practically completed already!  You'll be cranking out cheese wheels like nobody's business in no time!

You are suddenly aware that you don't actually know how to make cheese.

next
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:21:56 pm by evictedSaint »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: February 26, 2016, 06:14:03 am »

Aside from naming the layer containing the caged dewbeetles "Gay Beetle Jail" and laughing silently to myself for four hours, this was not a fun update to draw.

At least it's done.  Sorry about the wait.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: February 26, 2016, 06:21:59 am »

Perhaps you shouldn't be too hasty with divine materials yet. If you don't actually know how to make cheese, it would be safer to practice with less precious raw materials. Wasting holy milk would be a disgrace of century.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: February 26, 2016, 07:23:12 am »

You are suddenly aware that you don't actually know how to make cheese.
Stop acting like that's been a hindrance to any dwarf in the history of ever.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: February 26, 2016, 08:29:32 am »

Remember: You need to MILK a cow before you can make cheese. Fetch a bucket and run back to the herd.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:07:29 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 348