Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767756 times)

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 10/22
« Reply #4815 on: November 09, 2017, 03:59:45 pm »

What the heck happened to the lemon, anyway?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:02:24 pm by Fish Preferred »
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: November 09, 2017, 04:40:15 pm »

There was too much pressure, thus it was squeezed out.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: November 10, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »

Obviously it is now cheese. Anything that goes into the pot becomes cheese. This is the true blessing of COWSEA.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:18 pm »

Dwarf Fortress webcomics

Wow guys. The Little Cheesemaker stands as the last of the greats. All the others in here are long dead. Like wow, it's amazing at how small and stagnant our community has become compared to back then...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: November 27, 2017, 10:26:22 pm »

Eeeey, I'm at the top of the list!! That's so cool!  I didn't know that page even existed!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: November 27, 2017, 11:14:52 pm »

I found it from that list! That was a good day!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: November 27, 2017, 11:35:37 pm »

That's a killer list - kudos to whoever made it! AskAmxu is awesome btw, you should check it out.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: November 28, 2017, 12:50:40 am »

That's a killer list - kudos to whoever made it! AskAmxu is awesome btw, you should check it out.

Wow, just read it all, and wow... I have a new favorite Goblin
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/11
« Reply #4823 on: December 11, 2017, 03:13:20 am »

"Okay, look - if I use my Divine Power for little stuff like un-stacking cows, you guys are going to want me to use it for every little thing!"

"Oh, for the love of me, come on!  Really, Bessy?  Really?  We're doing this again?  What did I tell you last time, Bessy?  'If you get stuck again, I'm not going to help you get that bucket off'.  I said it, and I know you heard me."

"I did say that, right?  You were there, Marigold, I know you heard me say it.  What are you guys going to do once I'm gone, huh?  Spend the rest of your lives stacked in a pyramid with buckets on your noses???"

"Hi Cowsea!"

"Oh, hey Mifty."

"Misty."

"Whatever."

"Now, I'm serious Bessy.  This is the last time I'm gonna help you out of a bucket.  You got that, alright?"

"Cowsea, look!  I used your milk, and I did it!  I made cheese!  I'm a real cheesemaker!!!"

"Well...I guess that is technically cheese.  Good work...um.  Mmmmm...Misty?"

"Yup!"

"Right.  Well, good job Misty.  You've started down the glorious path to cheese-making.  May your skills grow and multiply, and may you find fortune in all things farming."

"To this end, I, Cowsea, Goddess of Cheese and Farming, grant you - my one and only follower in this hellhole - my blessing."

"Now, if I remember right, you were going to use that cheese to somehow make everyone here worship me.  Not sure how or if you can pull that off, but good luck.  Let me know how that goes, I'm a bit busy at the moment."

"Well...if the queen knows how good my cheese is, she'll switch to worshipping you, right?"

"Uh-huh.  Sure, let's go with that."

"Right! And if she worships you, everyone else will, too...right?"

"Mmhm."

"But to show her my cheese, I'd have to first show the manager, so he'll introduce me to the queen.  So I guess I'll go show the manager my cheese, and he'll introduce me to her...?"

"That's entirely possible."

"So that's what I'll do, then!  The next time you see me, every dwarf in Shielddawn will be a follower of Cowsea!"

"Uh-huh.  Good luck with that."

"Moo...?"

"Hm?"

"Oh, come on.  She won't ACTUALLY meet the queen.  She's like, twelve.  What sort of twisted sociopath would send a twelve-year-old girl to meet the Queen of Shielddawn?"

next
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:24:58 pm by evictedSaint »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: December 11, 2017, 03:15:05 am »

The next page will feature a new dwarf.  Please feel free to post a self-insert or fan character along with their name and a brief description, and it might get picked!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:31:40 am by evictedSaint »

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: December 11, 2017, 03:23:21 am »

A new update! Praise eS!

I got no ideas tho.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: December 11, 2017, 05:11:14 am »

I... I have this strange feeling that we have one last chance to tell ask Cowsea to do something. Or the cows maybe? But, uhm... do we have any idea what Cowsea's blessing might do? Misty should test that a little maybe? Like, iunno, try to sense cheese or something? Intuitively know where the nearest farming task is- oh, nevermind... Perhaps trying to find out something about the manager before meeting them? Maybe they have a thing for microcline that she can exploit?
Read the First Post!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: December 11, 2017, 09:44:49 am »

Stoling Othbenotam

A small chubby cheeked woman. Even though she is obviously pretty old, she almost reminds one of a child.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:06 am »

Erigine Rogmuk!
Former captain of the guard and axelord. She's been reassigned as farming manager because nobody wanted the job and she drew the short straw. This annoys her.
She is dutyful and enjoys fighting, but never really understood the whole irrational elf hate thing. She is very aggressive in conversation but really just wants everyone to do their best and be their best selves!
Not a twisted sociopath.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: December 11, 2017, 11:41:38 am »

I'd love to contribute, but I lack the confidence in my shameless self-insert.

A thought:

Queen's totally a vampire, werebeast, or other monstrosity locked in a chamber full of emergency noble-execution traps.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 348