Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767382 times)

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/11
« Reply #4905 on: July 06, 2018, 01:51:16 am »

Just to terminate the puns, I have opened the last of the original *true* Mistem cheeses this week.  I think it's 9 weeks old if I remember correctly.  It's *awesome*.  It's gotten quite hard -- almost like parmesan, but not quite.  It's very salty (I have been cutting back on the salt in subsequent versions).  I can't really describe the taste in terms of anything I've every had before...  probably closest to something like an aged sheep's cheese.  It's got a sharp flavour, but is quite pleasant.   The non-homogenised version that I made is still around, but it's become a blue cheese :-)  I struggled against if for a while, but gave up eventually.  I tasted a bit and it also tastes really amazing (even if by accident).  I've changed the recipe quite a bit as I've learned new things, and am still planning to make a website, but haven't done it yet.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: July 06, 2018, 05:32:12 am »

The Literalest Cheesemaker
*obligatory worship*
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:50:05 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: July 06, 2018, 01:36:22 pm »

Why do you hate the puns, mike. Don't be .................................. Salty.

Also that sounds awesome. Let us know when you make a website.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: July 06, 2018, 03:45:30 pm »

Just to terminate the puns, I have opened the last of the original *true* Mistem cheeses this week.  I think it's 9 weeks old if I remember correctly.  It's *awesome*.  It's gotten quite hard -- almost like parmesan, but not quite.  It's very salty (I have been cutting back on the salt in subsequent versions).  I can't really describe the taste in terms of anything I've every had before...  probably closest to something like an aged sheep's cheese.  It's got a sharp flavour, but is quite pleasant.   The non-homogenised version that I made is still around, but it's become a blue cheese :-)  I struggled against if for a while, but gave up eventually.  I tasted a bit and it also tastes really amazing (even if by accident).  I've changed the recipe quite a bit as I've learned new things, and am still planning to make a website, but haven't done it yet.
I'll have to try it sometime.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: July 07, 2018, 10:06:43 pm »

Puns are the adamantine of my soul.  I have to dig them out sparingly for fear that I will unleash the clown.  I am currently working on the Mistem Cheese website: https://mikekchar.gitlab.io/mistem-cheese.  That won't work yet, but hopefully I'll have something up there by the end of the day.

EvictedSaint, how much cheese would it cost to allow me to take some pics from the web comic to adorn the site?  Or...  Maybe I should wait until you can have a look to see if it is Misty worthy...  All of my info/pics will be licensed under Creative Commons 0 -- essentially public domain, if it matters...  Also, it's kind of embarrassing to ask because you might not like the idea and feel bad in saying "No".  If that's the case, feel free to accidentally miss reading this post and I won't ask again :-)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: July 07, 2018, 10:28:41 pm »

Are you asking to host the comic on the site?  Like a mirror?

If that's the case, go ahead, knock yourself out! So long as it's under Creative Commons, it's fine.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: July 08, 2018, 01:52:51 am »

No.  I just want to take pictures from the comic for to use as interesting pictures for the website (so I picture of Misty, a picture of Cowsea when I talk about milk, etc).  I'll finish the design and then I'll be able to explain it better.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #4912 on: July 09, 2018, 08:59:08 am »

Still kicking! Woo
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 8/23
« Reply #4913 on: August 23, 2018, 10:23:15 pm »

"Okay, just - just say that again, once more?"

"Cheese! Holy Cow Cheese, ☼Masterfully Prepared☼ from the Divine Milk of Cowsea herself!"

"Uh...huh.  Right.  And you made that because..."

"So I can show the Queen, and she'll see how great Cowsea is, and she'll be so thrilled she'll make me a member of the Royal Cheesemakers Guild."

"Royal what now?

"Royal Cheesemakers Guild! The most elite cheesemakers, who cater directly to the Queen herself! The best cheesemakers in the kingdom, producers of the finest cheese, made from the finest milk!"

"Uh...huh.  Hm."

"Is...is something wrong, Mr. Overseer-slash-Manager sir?"

"What?  Oh - no, everything is fine.  I'm just looking through these old orders and I...who tasked you with this?"

"Cowsea!"

"No, no I got that part, with the magical cow who's a God and whatever.  Who in charge told you to make cheese?  Was it the last Overseer?"

"Well...no one, I guess."

"No one?"

"No one.  I just...kind of...did it on my own, I guess.

"On your own?"

"On my own."

"Oh."

"...Well then.  It's your lucky day, ah..."

"Misty."

"Misty! Right, Misty...M - i - s - t - y.  It's your lucky day! You get to meet the Queen!"

"Really?!"

"Yes, really!  It's a very special honor, meeting the Queen."

"Oh gosh, wow, this - this is really happening?  I'm already so nervous, do I need to get dressed up? Do I need to practice bowing?"

"Oh, no, no you're fine just the way you are.  I'm sure the Queen will be overjoyed to have a new...visitor."

End of Chapter Four.

next

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:36:39 pm by evictedSaint »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: August 23, 2018, 10:24:13 pm »

Remember when my backgrounds used to look like this?

Back when this was like once per chapter?

Maybe the next few updates will take place in blank, empty rooms.  With static, non-moving backgrounds.  That would be nice.

Anyways, sorry about the delay.  This update was one of the toughest to get out - I ended up redoing the entire thing three or four times, and I had to keep going back to fix the earlier panels.  I'll try to get the next one done within eight months this time.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: August 23, 2018, 10:32:43 pm »

Always good to see a work of classic art get updated. Looking forward to the next bit!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: August 23, 2018, 10:44:12 pm »

Impressive work, sir!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: August 24, 2018, 03:09:24 am »

And guess what? The queen is a made of levers!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: August 24, 2018, 04:00:29 am »

Fantastic! Glad Misty is still struggling on.
One wheel short of a wagon

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: August 24, 2018, 05:56:36 am »

So... Any theories as to the nature of the Queen?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 348