Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767307 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 02/05
« Reply #5115 on: February 12, 2020, 11:55:56 pm »

Vamps in DF only drain sleeping victims, and do not always kill, so we should be okay.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: February 13, 2020, 09:54:18 am »

If the queen happens to cut herself on some cutlery or something accidentally and is bleeding, be sure to kiss the wound to make it all better.

+1
+1

I'm going to laugh when a single bite of holy cheese has the power to cure vampirism, make you 10 years younger, and pay off your credit card debt.  Then the entire Fortress will be all about the Cowsea.

I suspect that any actual holy power would obliterate the vampire more than cure, though that could depends on however the randomized magic/myth stuff works when it finally gets into the game.

DF vampires don't have any issue with the sun so they're not the our standard pop-culture vampires.

Vampires and werecritters are created by a god cursing someone and I see no reason to think a god couldn't hypothetically remove the curse if they were so inclined, honestly seem like one of the best way to do curse cures and Toady didn't rule it out when I asked about werecritters, just said "not yet".

Quote from: JesterHell696
Can characters that got cursed by being bitten by a werecritter be cured by praying to a/the (right) god?

No syndrome cures of any kind so far, sadly.

Okay, didn't say "not yet" but did say "sadly" so its a maybe one day kind of thing, we will have to wait until myth and magic for a definitive answer but I see no reason it can't work right now in a DF inspired comic.
"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek

psibomber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: April 11, 2020, 03:27:52 am »

If the queen happens to cut herself on some cutlery or something accidentally and is bleeding, be sure to kiss the wound to make it all better.

+1
+1
ooh yes vampire Misty
+1

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: April 11, 2020, 07:11:55 am »

-1 from me. I may be in the minority, but I'd rather not have vampire Misty.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: April 11, 2020, 10:15:26 am »

-1 from me as well.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: April 11, 2020, 10:28:19 am »

-1 from me as well
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: April 11, 2020, 10:45:24 pm »

-1 from me as well.
This ISG is called The Littlest Cheesemaker, not The Littlest Vampire Cheesemaker.
Jokes aside, I feel that her becoming a vampire just wouldn't feel right storywise. It would be jumping the shark at this point.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 10:49:25 pm by Ultimuh »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: April 12, 2020, 11:05:08 am »

*counts votes* So maybe I'm not a minority? Cool.
Jokes aside, I feel that her becoming a vampire just wouldn't feel right storywise. It would be jumping the shark at this point.
Exactly. It isn't earned yet. Misty doesn't want to be a vampire, nobody is tricking her into being one (so far).
Even if she would be the cutest, most naïve vampire ever, this is the wrong moment.

How about that party idea we had a while back? All the dwarves would come and listen to how great Cowsea is if the Queen threw a party, right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: April 15, 2020, 02:10:21 pm »

eeeeeeeeeeeee

Just found this again after far too long. I had forgotten how overt the plumphelmetman rebellion is becoming.

After the queen has tried the cheese, tell her how the elves rescued you and were shot. Ask her why we can't all live in peace. Cry about Darkerdaffodil, but deny that you liked him.
Futile +1

I'm going to laugh when a single bite of holy cheese has the power to cure vampirism, make you 10 years younger, and pay off your credit card debt.  Then the entire Fortress will be all about the Cowsea.

I suspect that any actual holy power would obliterate the vampire more than cure, though that could depends on however the randomized magic/myth stuff works when it finally gets into the game.

DF vampires don't have any issue with the sun so they're not the our standard pop-culture vampires.

Vampires and werecritters are created by a god cursing someone and I see no reason to think a god couldn't hypothetically remove the curse if they were so inclined, honestly seem like one of the best way to do curse cures and Toady didn't rule it out when I asked about werecritters, just said "not yet".
I could see it going either way. Vampires are (originally) created by divine curse, so they have an obvious connection to divinity- and thus, in theory, divine products. We don't actually know anything more than that, though. Even the idea that the cheese is in fact holy and laden with divine energy is a guess.

There's also the question of what the queen knows/believes. Despite being a fanged horror of the night, she seems friendly and lucid, and if she's really an ancient blasphemer likely knows a thing or two about the divine. If she's willing to eat the cheese, that would seem to imply that either it's not harmful or she doesn't believe a word of our rambling story. This then opens questions about what qualifies as harmful (ie whether she wants to be cured and/or released from this unholy nightmare) and the fine nuances of the aforementioned assumptions about how much the queen knows. Maybe she's an airhead who knows nothing about the divine and so pissed one off, maybe she was turned and so doesn't even believe in gods, maybe she conducted extensive research before intentionally offended something to gain immortality and power, etc.

In short, I think we're gonna have to feed her the cheese to have any idea what it does or doesn't do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: June 23, 2020, 07:19:40 pm »

I'll just pitch in my two cents... unconventionally. How about checking out the armor suit and ask her who made it? Maybe she's chatty and will tell us how things are going, and maybe even bring up the possibility of our (your? IDK) being appointed to that royal guild of cheesemakers.
Then again, maybe she's of dubious repute. I wouldn't know.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: June 23, 2020, 07:22:39 pm »

What if cowsea cursed the queen gaaaasssp
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BloodRaven 117

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: June 28, 2020, 02:21:03 am »

I've noticed the art style has grown excellent and well made! Kudos for such vast improvements! I hope we have many more panels before us. Can't wait to see more of Reg and Gruzzlus.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: June 28, 2020, 02:52:51 am »

its very obvious that threetoe needs to add his own personal fanart to this
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tosta Dojen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: July 16, 2020, 07:16:39 am »

My personal theory is that the Queen is locked up here not because of vampirism, but simply because that's one of the "creative solutions" that overseers implement for "useless" dwarves, like nobility. Misty's been thrown in here because the current OS thinks she's a troublemaker, and Momuz recognizes that.

With that in mind,
After the queen has tried the cheese, tell her how the elves rescued you and were shot. Ask her why we can't all live in peace. Cry about Darkerdaffodil, but deny that you liked him.
+1

The coming of Misty will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche in the mountains.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: July 18, 2020, 02:44:04 am »

PTW
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 348