Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reader count!  Do you read TLCM?  If so, pick your favorite character below!

Misty Kolnazom, the Greatest Cheesemaker Ever!
Reg Pashmad the Recruit
Gruzzlus Holt the Captain
Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man
Kulet Lokunnomel the Nun
Enir Twigappears the Overseer
Darkerdaffodil the Elf
Maynard the Mule
Other
Iron Owl the Iron Knight

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 348

Author Topic: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 12/07/2022  (Read 1767627 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: The Littlest Cheesemaker - Updated 02/05
« Reply #5145 on: January 23, 2021, 07:09:08 pm »

+1 to vampirization now that it has been brought to my attention
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: January 23, 2021, 07:11:44 pm »

We need a poll.

Everyone gets one vote.

Except me.

I get 10 trillion.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: January 23, 2021, 07:17:49 pm »

Bold of you to assume this will ever update again.

(note this is not my real opinion this post just exists to get evicted to update out of spite)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: January 23, 2021, 07:21:56 pm »

really spite updates are the best kind, as we all know
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: January 24, 2021, 07:28:27 am »

If the queen happens to cut herself on some cutlery or something accidentally and is bleeding, be sure to kiss the wound to make it all better.

-1 from me. I may be in the minority, but I'd rather not have vampire Misty.
-1 from me as well.
-1 from me as well
-1 from me as well.
This ISG is called The Littlest Cheesemaker, not The Littlest Vampire Cheesemaker.
Jokes aside, I feel that her becoming a vampire just wouldn't feel right storywise. It would be jumping the shark at this point.
+5 from me, she will have a lot of time for training her cheesemaker skill as vampire, also she will become Overseer
-6.  We don’t want her stuck in a room full of levers for all eternity.
+7, she can break doors in tantrum or just go out when will be her turn for become Overseer.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: January 25, 2021, 09:43:22 pm »

If the queen happens to cut herself on some cutlery or something accidentally and is bleeding, be sure to kiss the wound to make it all better.

-1 from me as well.
-1 from me as well
-1 from me as well.
This ISG is called The Littlest Cheesemaker, not The Littlest Vampire Cheesemaker.
Jokes aside, I feel that her becoming a vampire just wouldn't feel right storywise. It would be jumping the shark at this point.
+5 from me, she will have a lot of time for training her cheesemaker skill as vampire, also she will become Overseer
+7, she can break doors in tantrum or just go out when will be her turn for become Overseer.
- (N+1) where N= the previous vote. MISTY IS A WHOLESOME TREASURE AND SHOULD NOT BE DAMAGED BY AN UNENDING THIRST FOR INNOCENT BLOOD, OR WORSE, BEING A DF OVERSEER.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: January 25, 2021, 09:52:23 pm »

Imagine becoming a legendary cheesemaker only to die at like 200 like some kind of chump
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #5152 on: January 25, 2021, 10:00:09 pm »

I hope this get updated so bad! I really want to see a plump helmet revolt so badly! This is such a good ISG! Misty is basically the disney princess of Dwarf Fortress.  :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 10:02:32 pm by Luckyowl »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: January 26, 2021, 08:10:41 pm »

-1 from me as well.
-1 from me as well
-1 from me as well.
- (N+1) where N= the previous vote. MISTY IS A WHOLESOME TREASURE AND SHOULD NOT BE DAMAGED BY AN UNENDING THIRST FOR INNOCENT BLOOD, OR WORSE, BEING A DF OVERSEER.
+(v+1) where v is the number that the previous post subtracted

Her becoming a vampire will allow for cheese making practice, also she can subsist on the blood of the animals she milks for the cheese

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: January 27, 2021, 01:23:41 pm »

-1 from me as well.
-1 from me as well
-1 from me as well.

Her becoming a vampire will allow for cheese making practice, also she can subsist on the blood of the animals she milks for the cheese

while (Misty !== Vampire) {
  // disallow vampire
}
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: January 28, 2021, 09:53:00 pm »

-1 from me as well.
-1 from me as well
-1 from me as well.

while (Misty !== Vampire) {
  // disallow vampire
}

I think you’ve got a syntax error there.  There’s an extra ‘=‘ sign in your inequality.  Also, the body of the loop just contains a comment, so it doesn’t really do anything.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: January 28, 2021, 10:30:30 pm »

Its symbolic of the fact that he will fail to prevent the vampirization because he didn't bother to implement the code before it was needed.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: January 29, 2021, 06:58:49 am »

I think you’ve got a syntax error there.  There’s an extra ‘=‘ sign in your inequality.  Also, the body of the loop just contains a comment, so it doesn’t really do anything.
No syntax error. It's in a language that uses weak typing and has a distinct 'equality' (==) operator and 'identity' operator (===).

Code: [Select]
console.write('1' == 1); // true
console.write('1' === 1); // false

As for logic errors, there are plenty. It doesn't make sense to say `Misty === vampire` in any language I'm aware of. Unless there's a single vampire and the `vampire` symbol refers to the creature who is currently "the vampire", which I doubt, though I guess in some language the === operator could double as a polymorphic operator, in which we ask if Misty implements the `vampire` interface. In this context, this is more useful if the language has a highly dynamic typing system in which an existing object can change which interfaces it implements at any time. (So we could make Misty a vampire by adding the right interface.) I'm not aware of such a language, but it sounds interesting (and also something I'd hope to never have to use).

As for the while loop, assuming this is a single-threaded model, it effectively hangs execution using an indefinite busy-wait and makes sure nobody ever gets to change Misty's status. This doesn't work if the code is reached when Misty is already a vampire. Perhaps they intended to hang the execution if Misty ever becomes a vampire, like a nuclear punishment to whoever made her a vampire.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: January 29, 2021, 02:49:59 pm »

So look, was the thing I pasted from the internet after 5 minutes of googling right or not?

#hashtagfakecode

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: January 29, 2021, 04:15:34 pm »

Oh snap it its a while loop good point, it will just grind the entire universe to a screeching halt
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 348