Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Communication/Translation Game  (Read 550 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Communication/Translation Game
« on: August 05, 2021, 12:12:07 am »

Hi, it’s a shame my other game died so soon, anyways, here’s a concept I thought of recently, I think something similar might have been done before though not in a game format

Essentially what this is is a game about translating fictional languages, pieces of real languages are in amongst the fictional languages along with something nearby with a word or phrase translated from one language to another, like Rosetta’s stone, except we make up the languages. You likely have questions, please ask them. I think I worded things poorly, we are essentially making new languages, whether we each make different languages or add on to other fictional languages made in game are up to those making the posts, real languages or languages from other games (like DF for example) would be used as templates. Example below, note info from one translation can be used for others, so long as the user adds another translation

Example (RP/story is optional):
Poster 1: An archeologist finds two clay tablets, one contains many characters in an unknown language, while the other is smaller, containing one of the words followed by an English word
Large Tablet: Remart ora grafuf rt uyt

Small Tablet: ora=my

Poster 2: Thing to Translate: Her ora freu rt buj
Translation guide: rt=or

(If one wishes they can add what they know so far of each language in spoilers, like Poster 2 is about to do))
Spoiler: Language 1 (click to show/hide)
Example end
If there is still confusion, ask for clarification, apparently listening to music boxes can lead to thoughts like this
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 01:25:44 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Communication/Translation Game
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 04:30:35 am »

(I propose that we all should make one language and name it ''Bay12lese''.)

Remart ora grafuf rt uyt

Translation guide: uyt=eat

Remart ora grafuf (or) (eat)
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!