Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 194322 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I finally decided to at least try to make a FEF game, and well.. I am still trying to learn a bit more about the rolling system and how to make maps, but I doubt it will take too much time.

IC thread is here!

Fire Emblem: The Gates of Rundum
The Guardians

"Ey, kiddo. Wanna hear a story?"

"There was a time when war was taking over every area close to Terrania, the main city knew by being the most rich and with the most important people of history, and soon they would be forced to take part on it. But what was the cause of that wars Territory? Money? Power? All of the options. A few scouts of Terrania found something different on Rundum's territory, a large purple gate covered with moss and branches, and all the area around it was blocked by a thick wall with some kind of material stronger than steel, something they had no idea what it was. They went to look for answers on the villages close to it, there was a story behind that Gate. One that just a few heard, and the only thing that really mattered on it was what could be behind those gates.

According to the story, behind all that protection, they would find everything they wanted, money, power, territory, everything they could think about, there was a theory about it being a place flowing pure magic, enough magic even a simple soldier could turn into a strong sorcerer. But there was one little problem, it would only open with the key for that, and that is when the problem started. They key was hidden a long time ago somewhere in Rundum, even those who lived there didn't know anymore, but the King of Terrania didn't believe.

Without thinking, he sent his troops forward to march on Rundum, taking anything and anyone on his path. Mernid and Sylvinir soon received the news and joined Rundum to fight back, even some soldiers from Terrania also fought against them, against the greedy King. After years of war, the King was finally killed, and the remaining soldiers gave up, but the price was big to every side. Terrania struggled to managed to become what it used to be, and even so, it wasn't as important as it used to be.

Everything seemed to back to normal, at least until a new message was spread. They found out where the key was, or at least seemed to be at. There was no war this time, but countless mercenaries began to move to Rundum with the intention of looking for the key. But something seemed wrong, there were accounts about people being killed by different creatures before even getting close to the key. Some of the survivors said that they were.. undeads. But will it really stop others from reaching their dream? I doubt so."

The map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lands

Terrania is still being the most rich and the largest area, it is famous for having magic users, most of times you will find mages, monks, priests and shamans there. It also has the best military around, having many spear-user soldiers, like knights, soldiers and pegasus riders.

Mernid is probably the smallest area, but the size doesn't make it any less special, those lands are famous for having many bow users, archers, nomad troopers, snipers, if you are looking for a good archer, you better hire one there.

Sylvinir is a mix of many kinds, from low-class to medium-class people, from brigands to elite soldiers, it is all about where you are going. They are also famous for having many myrmidons and swordsmen.

Rundum is a place where there is always action, people are always moving, especially on the docks, the land is famous for having many pirates and axemen, besides the wyvern riders who are usually around to look for a little job. And of course, if you look right, you can find Thieves.

======
The Religions
The Faceless: Those who believe they exist to serve as "masks" for said god, in exchange of receiving luck and fortune. It is common to related that to assassins and rogues.

The God of Thorns: A god usually represented as an archer, a symbol of inspiration as some people said he actually was a mortal and helped during the war before dying and becoming a god, but yet watching over Mernid.

The Reaper: A curious religion, really. They believe on a greater being, someone who is there to lead the souls to a better or worse place, and while he may not grant you anything in your life, your good acts will grant you eternal peace in your after life.

The Great Venom: There isn't an exact representation for this god. It is usually related to slow death, decay, rotten. For those who believe the world is slowly dying and that only by killing others, they will manage to slow down the process. No matter who gets killed, innocent or not, the beast will feed on their life force. Those serving the Venom will also be affected by his "gifts", just a few really know what exactly are those.

The Defender: Most of bishops, priests, monks or any other class related to light-magic or support are related to this god. The Defender is considered the "Judge-god".

The Iron Hand: This religion is most seem on Terrania, especially on the military part, as some kind of way to keep the soldiers in the line. They believe there is a Titan watching the world, everything they do, especially their mistakes.

====================
Rules

Most of them were taken from Haspen and Blade's FEF, because I am lazy to repeat it all over again.

Player's Handbook 1.2

Changed rules:
Character creation, stats&weapon ranks:
First Class stat cap was upped to 23, and promoted cap was upped to 34.
Every 10% in both MAG and STR gives an extra 5% progression to be spent however as one wishes, respecting progression caps. This maxes at 70%, at an extra 35%. Only applies to Growth spent, and not Blossom or Promotion bonuses.
Adding a point on HP during character creation will provide you 2HP.
-Two Affinity rolls made by GM; Player chooses one of them.
-Character Skills Banned: Reinforcement, Stillness.
-Discipline: At every 5th total level, a weapon subcategory of your choice that you have access to advances by one rank.
-Charisma and Daunt: These skills do not stack.
-Provoke: 50% chance of activating if an enemy who could attack the character is going to attack someone else.
-Daunt: Decreases 10 Hit, Evasion and 5 crit instead of all 5.
(Modified/Free)-Corrosion: Replaced with 'Poison Touch': SLK+LK% chance of poisoning the target upon attack.
-Miracle: Now it is SLK+LUK% chance to activate.
-Blossom. Reworked to +5 Growth to all stats.  It can raise them above normal limit (Example: 105% for HP). Those 5% cannot be re-distributed in any way.
-Guard: Now you don't need support levels to activate it.
-Stat% CHARACTER skills: chance of activating is now (stat + LCK)%.
(New/Free)-Serenity: Grants +10 Evasion and Dodge to all Allies in 3 tile radius.
(New/Free)-Talented: The player can choose a third Preferred Stat different than the one used by his character class. If this Preferred Stat overlaps with Preferred Stat of First or Promoted Class upon promotion, the player is allowed to change his Third Preferred Stat.

===Class Skill changes===
Class Skills

===Weapon Changes===
Some weapons are currently being reworked/updated to make them better. That and also new weapons.

Weapon Changes
New Weapons-WIP
Lvl Up's:
-Performed at the end of Turn during which the Exp.Pool counter went over 100 points.

Inventory Space:
-CON no longer used to determine amount of inventory slots. Every unit have 6 inventory slots, unless special rules are applied ('Bag of Holding' of Rogue class, for example).

Mounted Units:
-It is possible to do two actions in one turn besides moving: For example, drop a carried unit, run to another and pick it up. Or, run to a unit, rescue it, and use a Vulnerary on it. It is not possible to further move after the second action. You cannot perform an attack and additional action (or other way around) during the same turn, though.

Dying:
-Still follows the handbook; if your counter goes to zero you will get a mark. If you get three of these, your character is dead.

Combat specific:
-Staff-bearers auto-equip a weapon for combat duration, provided they have any weapon at all and they can use it (similar to Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of Holy War).

GM Preferred Character Sheet Format, on pastebin

Also, no, we won't have a Lord, this is a mercenary quest, a complete group of mercenaries. Be nobles or just complete bandits.

Instead, I will be reviving a character of mine, Vandertz to group up with the rest of the mercenaries to guide them. Also the limit of characters will be of six characters, at least until I get everything planned. And no, it doesn't include Vandertz, so the complete number will be seven.
Terrain:
-Click here for terrain&weather explanations

Team Gold:15‬.

Vandertz Angra/Praefectus
Katerina LeBlanc/SeriousConcentrate
Gordon Duvall/Sirus
Lycan/Caellath
Kaarina/USEC_OFFICER
Aura Lucè/Tiruin
Sena Iseld/Twinwolf
Ociel Gales/Chevaleresse
Anne Nothrie/Lenglon
Seraphim/Solymr

Team's Storage

If I happen to get more applications, they will be checked, the approved ones will stay on the waitlist.

Waitlist
--

Those who dropped or went inactive.
Yvain Iseld/SentientBowtie
Garret Bale
Elysse
Sophie Desrosiers
Name: Felicia Nemeth
Dosil
Lesan Xesnet
Elend Kälte
Nanoha Tsuchi
Maya Waver
Those who died
----
=======Updates====

IF I manage to keep this FEF up, there are a few fancy things that will happen on this FEF.
-> Diplomacy in-combat will be possible, resulting into a temporary ally for that fight or until said NPC reaches their destiny (Or die).
-> Sea fights, yeah with boats and stuff!
-> Different monsters and classes.
-> Your class name may change based on your build.
-> Sidequests. (Stuff like "defend something", "destroy something before enemies arrive, etc)
-> Maps focused on more strategy than just tossing tons of enemies to yell HUE at your ear. (Traps, fog, balistas)
->"Terror" debuff is active. If enemy NPC presences the death of their allies with a Critical attack, they may panic. (-15 Hit -2 damage). If the same NPC sees more Criticals happening on his presence, he may retreat or surrender. (That will also depend on their morale, if they are loyal and dedicated soldiers, they won't move back or give up.)

Random OOC images.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 04:11:44 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread/ Large WIP yet).
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:29:59 am »

Leaping on it as is my wont. :P I should have a sheet and a mug soon enough.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:35:33 am »

Posting to maybe submit a sheet? We'll see.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:35:54 am »

ptw
It's FEF, not FEOF

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:15:30 am »

I shall make a sheet for this.

Right here I'll write up bio later.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:06:47 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 03:04:15 am »

And since I figure we won't get any thieves, I made one. ^^^ If it turns out someone else wants to play a thief and we need a healer I'll switch her over; just have to change her bio and color scheme slightly.

Spoiler: Kat (click to show/hide)

One last thing before I go to bed tonight: yeah, I'll still make mugs if people want 'em. :P Just tell me what you want them to look like and I'll see what I can do for ya.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:15:21 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 03:19:58 am »

Done. Also make sure you used the 4 points. (Just a reminder for those not used to FEF yet)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:44:42 am »

Whaaat? Is this because I said I had a character for a FEF?  :P

I want to make a new one for this because I want the other one to interact with lords  :P but I don't know if axe or sword.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 01:11:12 pm »

Spoiler: Nanoha's bio (click to show/hide)
And the lovey Nanoha herself
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:12:40 pm »

Whaaat? Is this because I said I had a character for a FEF?  :P

I want to make a new one for this because I want the other one to interact with lords  :P but I don't know if axe or sword.

Sword.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:34:34 pm »

Hmm. Actually I've had a character idea I've been itching to use for quite a while. Gonna go Mage Trainee- Shaman- Summoner
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 01:37:35 pm »

So, so far we have a Soldier->Wyvern Rider->Wyvern Knight, a thief trainee (I might go Scavenger->Wanderer, not entirely certain yet), a mage trainee (no promos specified), a Mage Trainee->Shaman->Summoner, and an unknown class (likely swordsman trainee?). ...Yeah, we need a healer to finish out the group. :P

EDIT: That reminds me actually. Hey, PS. Does the Bounty Hunter work as written or are there changes to it?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »

No changes. Stealing stuff will work.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 02:04:52 pm »

Ok let's go full Derick mode.
Spoiler: Garret (click to show/hide)
Whoops I actually wrote a thing. Mug soonTM.
Edit: double whoops I missed one point.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:27:25 pm by Solymr »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:18:36 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 308