Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 320764 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread:
2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

Le Chapters:

Chapter 1: Beginning of a Journey
Chapter 2: Conflicts
Chapter 3: New Tide
Chapter 4: Deceiving Sand
Chapter 5: Rotten Ground
Chapter 6: Badlands
Chapter 7: Unwanted Guests
Chapter 8: Smoke and Mirrors
Chapter 9: Haunting Past
Chapter 10: Eye of the Storm
Chapter 11: The Gates of Rundum
Chapter 12: Sweet Nightmares
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 09:00:03 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:54:52 pm »

Chapter 1: The Mercenaries

Not too far away from the main city of Terrania there is a small place for mercenaries to meet up, the name of the place is "Dragon's Curse", some reference to an old story related to the building itself. The place was more active than ever after the news passed by Terrania, countless people wanting to hire every single mercenary they could get, including nobles wanting to hire them, to prevent "low-class" people from reaching all that glorious power.

One guy with a spiked helmet was behind a round table, like if he was waiting for some kind of mercenary meeting, that was Vandertz. While he could not promise too much to people join him, he had one thing that the others couldn't offer, instead of money.. he had a map, a fast way to reach Rundum and look for the key. But few believed on that, and those few were supposed to meet up on that specific place.

Nanoha Tsuchi, Katerina LeBlanc, Garret Bale, Dosil, Gordon Duvall, Lesan Xesnet
 are in!

"I hope they really were serious about coming up. I can't just waste another day here looking for more people!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:14:12 pm »

A powerfully-built old man in heavy plate armor entered the tavern. His sharp eyes took in the seedy environs of the tavern, narrowing with barely-concealed distaste at the drunkards and ruffians everywhere.

: Must've been mad to come here on some fool's hope. Still, I must admit the claim of a map is quite intriguing...

He glanced around, wondering which of these desperate men could be his contact.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »

A young woman got up from the bar and wandered over to the old man that entered, her hands in her back pockets as she looked him over.

"You lost, old-timer?"

Her tone was playful and there was a twinkle in her eye when she asked, but her expression quickly turned a little more serious.

"Or... maybe you also believed the rumor that someone here actually knows where the key is? At least I won't be the only one, then."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 08:29:45 pm »

Vandertz did send them all a message, and to make sure they would know about his presence, he used the "code" he left on the message. He needed to make sure at least one or two arrived, probably the others would notice their presence there, at least he hoped so. He placed a gloved hand under his helmet, giving a little cough before speaking pretty loud.

"Orihaaaaalcon."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:44:04 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 08:32:51 pm »

((I don't have any expressions yet, sorry. At least his default works pretty well :p ))

Gordon scowled a little at the woman's flippant attitude. She had the look of a scoundrel about her.

: "It is no concern of yours whether I am lost or not. And ye will refer to me as 'Father' or not at all."

"Orihaaaaalcon."
Gordon looked up reflexively at the code word, cursing himself for a fool as he did so. Surely this young woman would have noticed such an obvious giveaway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:21 pm »

"Yeeesh. You're a salty one, ain't ya? Relax, old-timer. I'm here for the same reason you are, so we gotta get used to each other."

She kissed his cheek, more to mess with him than anything, and looked over when Vandertz coughed. After a glance and a shrug at Gordon, she sauntered over to the armored man's table, taking a hand out of her back pockets so she could lean on the back of a chair.

"How do ya do? I'm Katerina LeBlanc, most people just call me Kat. This old guy calls himself 'Father' so I'm guessing he's a priest. Am I right?"

She flashed both of the guys a grin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:23:42 pm »

Only years of training prevented the priest from exploding.

: "...Do not do tha again."

He followed the woman over to the table where Vandertz sat, listening to the introductions.

: "I am Gordon Duvall. And yes, I am a priest by trade. Ye may address me as 'Father', or 'Father Duvall'; I will not respond ta anything else. I assume ye are the man we're here to see?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

Dosil heard the cough, and walked over to the others.

"I am Dosil. Are you the one I was to meet here?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:34 pm »

Vandertz looked at both the man and the woman before placing both of his hands on his helmet, only to take it off and leave it on the table, nodding to them and offering his hand to them. The.. way they were talking to each other made him think they were from the same family or something, it was a tad funny, but of course he needed to keep with a serious stance, at least for now. Before he could say something, he heard the voice of someone else, giving him a nod, and waited for him to get close enough to offer his other hand, double hand-shaking!

"..Pleased to meet all of you, I am Vandertz Angra. And yes, I am the one who sent the message, I am expecting three more to join us here, but lets talk about the business here."

[Yeeey, I also don't have images for expressions.]

He made a gesture for the small group to approach before moving a hand under his helmet to reach for something, it was a map. He opened part of it over the table and tapped a finger on it.

"As you might know, the Gate of Rundum isn't just a little story, and after passing a few months working on the docks, I could put my hands on this. It is an old map used on the first time Terrania tried to get there. Apparently the map was changed, giving a better idea of where we can find the key."

He passed a finger along a line of black dry ink that marked a few parts of the map before looking up to them again, with a grin on his face.

"See this line here? This is the path we will take, most of people who are moving out don't know about it, the problem will be get there. Wanting or not, we will need to pass by them while on Terrania yet, and then take a boat or something to reach the other lands. And before we put the plan up.. we might need to wait for the others, so.."

He closed the map and pushed it back into his helmet, before crossing his arms over it, remaining with his attention focused at them.

"What kind of stuff are you three looking for to risk yourselves going after Rundum's treasure? Power? Money? Immortality..?"

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:39:47 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 09:44:51 pm »

Gordon eyed the map, doubt beginning to take hold. This hardly looked like the big deal Vandertz was making it out to be, but he had to try something. He had to have faith that this was the proper path.

: "Hmph. Me reasons are no business of yours. All ya need ta know is tha I can heal wounds and minister ta lost souls. Everything else is irrelevant."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:52 pm »

Dosil grimaced and crossed his arms.

"I seek to be absolved of my sin."

It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 10:04:40 pm »

Kat shook Vandertz's hand, then leaned over his shoulder to look at the map. While she was studying it and committing it to memory, the man asked a question.

"For adventure, of course! And maybe a shot at fame. Anything else is gravy."

She smiled at the newcomer, a large tribal man.

"Heya! Katerina LeBlanc. Nice to meetcha!"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 10:06:51 pm »

Dosil looked at her and nodded, before awkwardly offering a handshake after a few seconds of silence.

"I am Dosil"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 10:09:47 pm »

"You probably should stop being so grumpy, Father Duvall, you are between mercenaries now. We are going to work together to get this going, we are all here for the same reason, we want something from that place."

Vandertz drummed his fingers over the helmet and shrugged a bit.

"Dosil even said something serious over there. So I don't know why you would hide what you are looking for. I will be honest here, I am just trying to get money, to start some kind of business with wyvern riders."

Vandertz looked to the side and chuckled, well now that was something amusing to hear, really. He wasn't even a full mercenary, but hearing from adventurers there was a tad different.

"Adventure, eh? I guess this will be the adventure of your life then. I have no idea what kind of enemies we will be facing there.. but I am quite sure they mentioned monsters or something like that."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 309