Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309]

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 321837 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4620 on: August 24, 2021, 07:09:29 am »

Alpha's presence grew more intense for a moment, with wings soon becoming visible behind his back as he opened his arms and released the energy he had stored. The moment the pressure in the air dissipated, it was all to clear something changed on those adventurers; they were stronger now.
"The deed is done! Your wishes were granted, and now you are all guardians! It is time for us to move."
With those last words, Alpha moved towards the ship and waited for the others to join. During the entire trip he remained silent, simply staring into the distance, waiting for them to arrive on the gates. And when they finally stepped out, they were greeted with sunlight, and the sight of an extremely damaged battleground, making it all too clear the Defender and The Great Venom were using the place for their dispute.
"It is time for me to go. There's much to be done, but I wish you all luck, guardians...Farewell."
Alpha's form vanished as soon as he finished those words, leaving nothing behind. Now it was finally time for the party to scatter, or decide whoever was going to do what-As for the gates...They weren't there anymore, the entire entrance was gone, now it was merely another mountain connected to the many others.
"...Huh. Guess we won't be working together all the time anymore, gonna be weird."
"But thank you. Thank you all for sticking until the end on this weird adventure, even after seeing so many things, I don't think other mercenaries would be willing to put through what we had to."
"Also don't be a stranger, yeah? We can teleport whenever we want, so make sure to visit Rundum again! I am probably going to stick around here with Kat so we can check out the rebuilt ruins. That is, if she doesn't mind."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: August 24, 2021, 10:26:54 am »

"Of course I don't mind!"

"It'll be nice to see if I can put this destructive magic of mine to a use other than fighting. Who knows? With this extra power, maybe I can help rebuild my home country."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: August 24, 2021, 11:05:41 am »

"Hah, don't worry. It ain't like we can't meet from now on so I'll come knockin' for sure."

"So Kaarina and Even, let's stick around if ya don't have anywhere in mind. I'm all pumped up and ready to start fixin' messes, huntin' for that bastard and partyin' sometimes."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: August 25, 2021, 05:14:47 am »

"...That being said, if Aura and Gordon are in favor of the options given to them, we should leave this prison now. There is much to be done, and do not forget to deliver the message to the nearest region."
She was likely the last to respond.

"I've always lived swept by the tide of impressions with little to control but myself--and even then, there were always issues that few others even had. I'm at least happy I'll be able to offer something rather than the destructive capabilities of my magic. I won't be teaching from the Divine, but I will be using this power as best I can, and thus teaching still from my perspective."

Aura looked around at the empty halls and the aged banners, and sighed as she oriented herself towards the exit.

"This place will become merely a memory, won't it? I've realized that the most important thing to me are the people I've met along the way, and will meet, too. I'd love to continue on with...anyone here. Please; tell me our story isn't over."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: August 25, 2021, 12:28:39 pm »

"Aura, we ain't dyin'. We're just goin' our own ways, so we can still meet."

"Talkin' about that, we need to deliver the message we were asked about."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: August 25, 2021, 01:26:14 pm »

:"Facts. les git movin'. Time fer open skies again."
Anne said in a mockery of Lycan's accent, before sticking her tongue out at him and giggling.
:"it's stuffy in here."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 03:06:04 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: August 25, 2021, 03:10:20 pm »

: I don't know about you all, but I still have clear goals in front of me. But now I've accomplished one of them: become powerful enough to protect my kind and ensure their return. And I couldn't have done it without your help, so from the depths of my core, thanks. Ociel and me may be very busy in the coming days, but you can be sure I'll keep in touch.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: August 25, 2021, 03:25:50 pm »

: "As for meself, I will be returning to me homeland for tha time being. This world will be undergoing many changes in the coming years, and humankind will need a shepherd ta prepare them for tha future. Plus I can continue me priestly duties." The old man's face broke into a rare, warm smile as he looked around.

: "Worry not! Ye can visit any time ye wish, and if ye ever need me services all ye have ta do is call. Even if I be visiting tha afterlife, I will come running with staff in hand."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: August 25, 2021, 05:02:48 pm »

"Then it is settled, Kat. We will be spending a while longer on Rundum and prepare ourselves for the arrival of folks who were imprisoned in Oblivion."
"I think our homeland is doing alright, at least when compared to Terrania. Something tells me things will get a tad chaotic over there once they hear the news about the king...So for those returning to Terrania, be careful when delivering the bad news."

"So Kaarina and Even, let's stick around if ya don't have anywhere in mind. I'm all pumped up and ready to start fixin' messes, huntin' for that bastard and partyin' sometimes."
"Kaarina is my money maker, so it isn't like I got an option here you know. Guardian powers or not, swords are still expensive. So if she wants to tag along with you, then I will be around."

"Talkin' about that, we need to deliver the message we were asked about."
"That we do. Who is going to write the letter? It IS a serious topic, after all, and we need to make sure we get the point across in a way that won't result on them...Well, trying to murder each other out there."
"It might also be of our best interest to have at least one Guardian lurking in each part of the region. Which might not be too hard, as I am pretty sure we have folks from Terrania, Rundum, Mernid and Sylvinir."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: August 25, 2021, 05:57:30 pm »

: "Terannia's big. or to be more accurate, any county is big, but Terannia's bigger than the others. I don't think there will be enough to go around, but I think having just one in all of Terannia will end poorly. I plan on heading home there to warn my family about the coming trouble first, sure, but I shouldn't be the only one. Besides, I'm not diplomat, and you are right that the news we bring will cause trouble."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: August 25, 2021, 06:44:38 pm »

:"Facts. les git movin'. Time fer open skies again."

"Hah! Then fly ya cheeky git!"

"That we do. Who is going to write the letter? It IS a serious topic, after all, and we need to make sure we get the point across in a way that won't result on them...Well, trying to murder each other out there."

"It might also be of our best interest to have at least one Guardian lurking in each part of the region. Which might not be too hard, as I am pretty sure we have folks from Terrania, Rundum, Mernid and Sylvinir."

"Yea no, not it. Not any good with words, even less in writin', ya see. As for spreadin' out that shouldn't be too hard. Ya and Kat gonna be here so that leaves the rest to us. I can pick whatever after all, hah!"
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: August 29, 2021, 09:36:03 am »

"Right, right. I will try to work on it."
"Might need to talk to Rundum's current king too, so we can get a royal seal for the letter. You know, to make sure they bother reading it instead of throwing it away once it gets there."
"But I am ready! So let's get to work, people!"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: September 01, 2021, 03:39:20 pm »

And so the adventurers turned into guardians began to face a new task, spreading across the region to hopefully make things right and prevent Rundum's return. Their arrival brought many questions and conflicts, however many began to see them as figures related to certain aspects; with stories related to these 'demigods' spreading across the towns.
Vandertz Angra and Katerina LeBlanc, the Aspects of Adventure
With the return of so many creatures from Oblivion, Vandertz and Kat made sure to handle the ones who were teleported in Rundum's territory, to make sure no harm would come to them and to hopefully prevent conflicts with the current inhabitants. With the ruins now fixed, they were provided with a place to stay, making Rundum's lower half become populated both with Dullahans and Weavers. A difficult beginning, however eventually both races began to trade with Rundum's capital, with some humans even going as far as visiting the town in hopes of being tutored by Dullahans. With the pair roaming so often from region to region to prevent conflicts, they became known as the Aspects of Adventure; for those adventurers who are always ready to keep going and exploring no matter what.
With the situation in Rundum growing more stable, eventually they settled down in Vandertz's town. 

Seraphim and Ociel Gales, the Aspects of Wisdom
The two were the first to face the arrival of the monsters from Oblivion, and to deal with the conflict between them and humans...And the main reason the Guardians did end up being seen as Aspects. While words weren't quite enough to make them change their mind, showing power beyond anything they could come up certainly made them a lot less hostile and willingly to listen. The connection between a human and a Dullahan helped to slowly connect the races together, and while it was still going to be a process that would require years to be fully done...It was still a start, and with their constant presence in diplomatic situations, they were able to decrease the number of conflicts significantly.
Eventually they went into the Forbidden Library seeking for a cure for those still affected by the curse of Oblivion, a dangerous search that was going to still require them years to find what they seek for. With each visit resulting on more books being taken for studying. Due to their vast knowledge and activity in diplomatic situations, they became known as the Aspects of Wisdom, figures highly respected by mages and researchers.

Cedros “Lycan” Aberdan and Kaarina Nurmi, the Aspects of War
While they lacked the experience to handle diplomatic situations in subtle ways, they made up for it with their raw strength and intimidating presence, which more often than not was enough to change the minds of those who were desiring to pick a fight with the monsters arriving. And at the same time make sure no monsters would end up attacking humans, keeping Terrania safe from a war against itself. The news of the king being gone only made the situation all the more chaotic, which of course meant some direct methods were required to prevent things getting out of control. Needless to say, the destructive thoughts some had before vanished the moment people began to get pummeled into the ground without any sort of effort, discouraging others from picking up weapons to charge at the monsters or the other way around. With how often they appeared out of nowhere to make someone end up with their face caved in, the inhabitants of Terrania went as far as believing that those were the Titan's soldiers showing that his iron hand had a strong grip.
Those same aggressive and direct 'tactics' brought a new culture for fighters and soldiers alike, referring to them as the Aspects of War, due to their way of solving conflicts and how they were able to intimidate others to the point of ending a fight before it even starts.

Gordon Duvall, the Aspect of Light
Being the only figure that previously carried some sort of leverage before joining the group, he was the one to deliver the bad news to Terrania; the king was dead. However the chaos that could arrive was toned down significantly thanks to Lycan and Kaarina's 'tactics', along with the church itself encouraging people to look at the 'new future' ahead of them, with those 'Aspects' assisting them from so close. Gordon's status as a Guardian didn't go unnoticed, making it a lot easier to convince the church to cooperate with them and assist using their own methods and hesitantly accept the prisoners of Oblivion into the capital. While technically not true, he ended up being seen as a messenger sent by The Defender himself, which led to his title as the Aspect of Light. For the strong believers who need a strong light to guide them proper.
When not busy with his duties, Gordon visited the realm he was given access to; daily visiting his wife and telling stories of the adventures he went through. While it wasn't his time yet, it didn't stop him from at the very least keeping her company in that way.
Sena Iseld, the Aspect of the Forest
Sena was left in charge of handling Mernid and Sylvinir as both territories were connected, and she was the one who guided Crystaloids towards the territory along with some very uncommon but still very sapient undead. Those were no humans brought back to life, and while their origins were still uncertain, she made sure to offer them places where they could reside safely. Terrania was completely out of question due to their strong beliefs, and Crystaloids themselves still carried a strong grudge towards humans. Her presence in the forests, roaming around seeking for more of these lost wanderers made locals believe she was the reincarnation of The God of Thorns-Or at the very least, that she was related to him in some way. Eventually she became known as the Aspect of the Forest, a figure always watching over those greenery places and keeping both hunters and archers safe.
As soon a things began to slow down on the connected lands, Sena returned to her home to meet with her brother again.
Aura Lucé, the Aspect of Confusion
Many who left Oblivion were still wounded, so Aura's presence was appreciated, especially when Alphas' gift made sure any sort of injury could be treated. However her way of talking left many of those who were rescued by her extremely confused and uncertain of what she was talking about. A feeling that was soon shared with many inhabitants of Terrania once she returned to her homeland to continue her duties there instead; both finding residence for the monsters and healing others who were in need of an effective healer. Her odd behavior and her very puzzling way of talking turned her into some sort of enigmatic figure to the point she received the title of Aspect of Confusion. An Aspect that represents those who view the world in a completely different way or have ideals that cannot be understood by others.

Anne Nothrie, the Aspect of Wind
Anne preferred to take a much less direct approach compared to the other Guardians, instead only appearing when needed and choosing to avoid getting herself involved with the diplomatic and political factors involved in the conflicts between humans and monsters. For the most part she spent her time somewhat isolated, taking her time taking care of them and learning more about them. With the number of conflicts decreasing among the territories, Anne moved to the mountainous area of Rundum to settle down and teach other riders what she knew about pegasi. For the most part she simply focused on both enjoying the freedom she currently had and not needing to worry about the political affairs that were being handled by other Guardians. The riders who received training under her guidance were taught to pay more attention to their mount and to take care of them properly, something that did improve their performance and eventually drew the interest of other wanderers. She received the title of Aspect of Wind by the riders who were trained by her, both due to the speed she is capable of reaching with her pegasus and because of how she seems to roam free without carrying any worries.
An Aspect that became related to fliers in general, instead of just pegasi riders, as they believe the Aspect of Wind provide good luck for those who  embrace it.

The message was successfully sent to the neighbor continent...However no replies were given even after years, something that began to raise concern. Eventually a Dullahan was sent to the other continent in hopes of finding out what happened.
The End
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 03:49:34 pm by Praefectus Screptum »
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309]