Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: zombies fun  (Read 13449 times)

zombie killer

• Bay Watcher
  • mwuahahahahhaha
    • View Profile
zombies fun
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:46:33 pm »

i recently had an idea for a GURPS game, with zombies. it will involve zombies, and it will be fun.
i will run the game on the forum, unless someone knows a better way, and is kind enough to inform me of it.   
character points: 150, -50 disadvantage max. also, you can take addiction: caffeine for -10 points.
TL: 9

thank you and have a nice day!

I'd settle for capitalization. although all lower case seems to be zk's thing.
thank you and have a nice day!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: zombies fun
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »

and it will be fun.
Always a trustworthy promise.

Given the fact that you're pretty new and don't have any notable games under your belt, and the amount of work character creation takes...might I suggest you take a page out of the book of the last GURPS game around here and create the characters, then let us choose?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:28:49 pm »

Well, GWG does have a point - but really, I don't even know what a GURPS game is. As a little tip, always include the basic information about what a game is about somehwere in the starting post.

Additionaly, while I am far from being a grammar nazi - being a non-native speaker writer  :P - let me tell you that the looks of a thread are very important. You are trying to sell us your fun game idea here - but if it comes yonder, looking rough and untidy, it will be a turn-off for most. Vice-Versa, including some - some - tasteful formating and subtle colouring can go a long way. Yeah, even on the forum, looks are important.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 12:09:28 am »

GURPS is the acronym for Generic Universal RolePlay System, which is what it says in the title.

I shall consider playing, though, as a note, I have never played GURPS. Something to waste my time this weekend/tomorrow! Ya!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:29 am »

Additionaly, while I am far from being a grammar nazi - being a non-native speaker writer  :P - let me tell you that the looks of a thread are very important. You are trying to sell us your fun game idea here - but if it comes yonder, looking rough and untidy, it will be a turn-off for most. Vice-Versa, including some - some - tasteful formating and subtle colouring can go a long way. Yeah, even on the forum, looks are important.
I'd settle for capitalization. although all lower case seems to be zk's thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 06:05:49 pm »

Well, I like to be optimistic about non-native English writers. For instance, Funk runs a great suggestion game, and he's (probably) not a native writer. Sorry if you're not a non native writer, Funk.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 08:12:19 pm »

Im just crap at spelling.

But other than zombies and GURPS what else is planed?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:12 pm »

Fun, it would seem.
Sig

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »

I'd like to float the possibility that zk isn't necessarily ESL, just underaged. It's not like this is an 18+ forums. Dwarf Fortress itself is generally a barrier to entry, but I played it when I was thirteen, so it's definitely possible.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 09:22:06 pm »

Oops. Also, transparent text is best text.
I'm considering playing a (flying?) semi truck or limousine with a Heavy Machine Gun. Or an Auto Shotgun. Or spikes. Or all three. Because they created the Machine meta-template for a reason.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:31 pm »

Yes, for robots.
The ground vehicle meta-trait was created for you, though.
Sig

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 12:37:44 am »

Ok let me know if this need tuneing.
Spoiler: Ron "Nails" Larson (click to show/hide)
Use the laster post
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:42:06 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 04:46:58 am »

Looks good to me, Funk.

Everyone meet Crazy Murphy and his Cosmic Taxi.
He is a disembodied head, driving a taxi with infinite capacity.
And he's nuts.
And there are spikes on the front that he can parry attacks with.
He is in no way inspired by the Knight Bus scene from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
And it can only go 28 MPH at max speed.

Could someone check my skills? I think I might have messed them up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 11:15:48 am »

I'm pretty sure Ground Vehicle does not imply Machine. I don't have my copy of the rulebook on me, though, and I forget where my digital one is...
Sig

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 12:30:01 pm »

Up dateing Character Assistant,  kind of ate my file, so im going to rebuild it.

I will be keeping the back ground and be mostly the same.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8