Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Most depressing thing that happened to you in advmode?  (Read 4712 times)

blazing glory

Most depressing thing that happened to you in advmode?
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:44:33 pm »

I made this since we have most awesome funniest and who knows what else

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Most depressing thing that happened to you in advmode?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 02:03:10 pm »

One time I didn't look at a stream before jumping in. There was a hippo there. It shattered my leg, after which I passed out. Then it kicked in my head. Moral: always look where you are going.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 07:31:10 pm »

Blinded by a horseshoe crab that I passed out next to for no apparent reason, though I suspect I may have wandered through some evil rain at some point. That character was practically invincible, but dodge skill and armor value do nothing when you are unconscious.

blazing glory

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »

Blinded by a horseshoe crab that I passed out next to for no apparent reason, though I suspect I may have wandered through some evil rain at some point. That character was practically invincible, but dodge skill and armor value do nothing when you are unconscious.

Blinded? I've always seen enemys attack the head not the things ON the head,I've never seen a enemy go for the eyes,you sure it wasn't the rain?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 01:22:33 am »

I've had my eyes clawed out by a lion once. It's not a common thing, but it can still happen.

I've died in numerous odd ways, including cave-ins and small harmless animals. Once my own backpack landed on my head and crushed my skull. I dropped it in the river to try and lighten my load to escape a waterfall, but I fell anyways.

The Bastard of France

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 04:25:30 am »

Goblins. Always Goblins.
You know humanity is progressing when we learn new ways to kill each other.

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity."
JFK
(This quote is so related to DF in ways both good and bad)

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 04:50:09 am »

Bisected a swordmaster on an starcase fight. His falling loincloth split my skull and brain. Juck...
Depressing for that character of me. Actually more fun for me. :P

brokegamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 09:23:12 am »

Having to generate an entirely new map because the bandits are too powerful and keep killing you over and over. What kind of outlaw has masterwork weapons?  ::)
I do let's plays on them there 'tubes.

Chances are if I'm making a post, I'm drunk.

RegalStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 02:08:11 pm »

Was raiding a necromancer tower. I *almost* succeeded; I lured out all the undeads in the necromancers' site and disposed them, then I walked in and easily killed the necros. I then went around the tower, found the slab in a room that still has lots of undead in it, so I was like cool I'll just take the thing and go, and ignore the undeads.

Stone slabs are heavy. Also for some reason the thought of just reading the thing right away to get the undead off my back didn't occur to me.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »

Goblins. Always Goblins.
Agreed, unlike Kobold they can tear apart even 20 man companion groups.

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »

Goblins. Always Goblins.
Agreed, unlike Kobold they can tear apart even 20 man companion groups.

That's because ambush group's are proportanal to your amount of companion 20 companion's=50 ambushers

this doesn't matter with kobold's though since they are 1 third as large as a dwarf,yep they are pathecticly tiny,while goblin's are as large as dwarves thus are much more deadly

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 09:48:11 am »

I raided a goblin town ( I modded goblins to live in hamlets), and killed everybody. The i rescued a dwarf child (well, he was 22 years old, but wharever) and decided to travel to the a dwarf town to retire there.

A pack of night trolls ambushed me in the way and ripped the childs head before i could kill them.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Arnarinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:41 am »

I was gathering some companions and went up one tower in the fortress (you know how it goes). Then when I proceeded to go down, I fell down the stairs and died from heavy blood lost. I have absolutely no idea what happened, I check the reports and I died from heavy bleeding after having an impact with the floor, while going down the staircase.
I can't think of anything else that could have happened, I was on good terms with the humans there and I had just started the hero.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 03:46:57 am »

I was gathering some companions and went up one tower in the fortress (you know how it goes). Then when I proceeded to go down, I fell down the stairs and died from heavy blood lost. I have absolutely no idea what happened, I check the reports and I died from heavy bleeding after having an impact with the floor, while going down the staircase.
I can't think of anything else that could have happened, I was on good terms with the humans there and I had just started the hero.

Were you standing on a hatch before you fell?

One of your companions may have opened it while you were still standing on it, causing you to plummet.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 12:32:57 am »

I ended up quadriplegic after being attacked by bandits once.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: [1] 2 3