Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Most depressing thing that happened to you in advmode?  (Read 4710 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Most depressing thing that happened to you in advmode?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 02:10:00 am »

I was gathering some companions and went up one tower in the fortress (you know how it goes). Then when I proceeded to go down, I fell down the stairs and died from heavy blood lost. I have absolutely no idea what happened, I check the reports and I died from heavy bleeding after having an impact with the floor, while going down the staircase.
I can't think of anything else that could have happened, I was on good terms with the humans there and I had just started the hero.

Were you standing on a hatch before you fell?

One of your companions may have opened it while you were still standing on it, causing you to plummet.
Did they warn him about stairs?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 06:51:34 pm »

After slaying a dragon and sleeping in its layer, I wake up go outside and my army of 30ish humans are beating each other to death after a evil dust cloud infected us all and made us zombies. The game crashed not long after... This was the 3rd quest that a human king gave me too.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

blazing glory

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »

I never seem to be able to find a nasty cloud

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 11:59:41 pm »

Spawned on the rooftop of a house, after being thrown out trying to sleep at the place. The funny guys did not leave ladders, as they do not know the concept of it, so I had to jump. Needless to say that I survived as a paraplegic

Fairawen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 02:37:16 pm »

Upon my first legitimate time playing adventure mode, I try to sharpen many stones. Proceed to get hit in the face and drop them. Drop them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOgQbIYHN4g

*weep*

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 11:19:03 pm »

I once killed someone and didn't harvest their teeth to decorate my pick with. :(
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 01:57:17 pm »

Once I've had a buddy-gobbo. He ambushed me (with a squad of bandits) in moments after I've gone to wildreness.
First time I met him, I killed his buddies and bit off his toe.
Next time, I took his arm. Next one, his leg. Next, I've clubbed his squad with his leg, strangled him little bit and took his second arm. Next time, I've thrown 1 of his legs to his buddy, 2nd missed and I've  killed them all with body of 1st buddy. I took his second leg that time.. And he died from bloodlost. That was very depressing.
Frustrating may be a better word, but hey, I've seen him as a revengeous bastard, and I did want him to be my (hardcorely-biting) killer after some titans slain by me.
:(
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Untio11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:29 am »

I thought it would be a good idea to set some bushes on fire, set myself on fire in the process.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 10:49:06 pm »

I and 19 warriors had a fight with hundreds of kobolds and I ended up crippled.
Its sad because she was crippled and nobody loves cripples.  :( (jk xD)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:16:35 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 03:45:29 pm »

The time I was playing the DBZ mod and my saiyan badass along with his large group of humans were tasked by a lord to clear a bandit camp of gobbos.

There were a lot of gobbos. And the battle raged for a long time, alligators appearing at some point to fuck EVERYONE in the assbutt. Most of my companions died, including my oldest allies. I and three others came out of that hellhole alive, and we came out with horrible wounds. One, a broken arm. Another, a gouged eye. The final one had a broken leg. I myself was covered in scars now, and was lucky that I went super saiyan three when I did. Otherwise, we would've died. Twas an epic victory in the end, though.
Moral: Don't underestimate those fukken gobbos.
THE END
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:42 pm »

Vampire adventurer. Killed a dragon, titans, hundreds of random innocents, elves, dwarves, even found some masterwork armor and weapons just sitting in a castle. While crossing a river, accidentally alt+moved into the air as opposed to the water, fell, hit my head, and broke my drain. Insta-death.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

Sadday

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 05:20:25 pm »

I was clearing a temple with my superior quality iron 2h-sword, then i exit sneak mode for a second...
Master dodger, expert armor user, legendary swordsman
I got a surprising headshot piercing trough my *rope reed fiber hood*,+iron helm+,the skull and shattering the brain.
I HATE FREAKING CROSSBOWMAN'S AND THEY 1 SHOT KILL BULLSHIT

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

anything that has ranged weapons is a pain in the ass,when i shot that damm bow it doesnt hit shit,but even if the most pathetic kobold shots at me,bam,pierced lungs or throat.
its somewhat overpowered when used by npcs

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 07:35:35 pm »

I played a dwarf, one very young and ambitious. He heard the tales of distant towers filled with archives of books all begging to be read. He never owned a book and was happy to give all he had to get one. When he heard of these towers he knew that this was the only way he could find them. He traveled far beyond the hills and mountains killing beasts and making allies. When he finally made it to the tower he was known as a hero. He opened the doors and saw the corpses of fallen men gaping at the sight of fresh meat. He valiantly fought his way up the stairs tearing limbs and organs from the endless army of souls. He was destined to die here but he would not die without forgetting his dream. He saw it, a book resting on a table of pure black crystal. Crying from joy and from pain he reached his hand out and wrapped his fingers around the book. Bleeding and dying he opened the book let his life fade away with one last thought. "I never learned to read."
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.

blazing glory

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 08:28:52 pm »

I played a dwarf, one very young and ambitious. He heard the tales of distant towers filled with archives of books all begging to be read. He never owned a book and was happy to give all he had to get one. When he heard of these towers he knew that this was the only way he could find them. He traveled far beyond the hills and mountains killing beasts and making allies. When he finally made it to the tower he was known as a hero. He opened the doors and saw the corpses of fallen men gaping at the sight of fresh meat. He valiantly fought his way up the stairs tearing limbs and organs from the endless army of souls. He was destined to die here but he would not die without forgetting his dream. He saw it, a book resting on a table of pure black crystal. Crying from joy and from pain he reached his hand out and wrapped his fingers around the book. Bleeding and dying he opened the book let his life fade away with one last thought. "I never learned to read."
Quick! bean all the zombies on the head with the book and leave it at a village for the next,better educated adventurer to find it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3