Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Most depressing thing that happened to you in advmode?  (Read 4708 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: Most depressing thing that happened to you in advmode?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »

In my latest adventure I was playing as a walrus man, My first two quests were to kill vampires, I was successful both times and became a vampire myself. I was then given a quest to seek out someone in a fortress far away, I went into a hamlet and got myself some companions. After resting till dawn we set off to the fortress only to discover a camp. Curious (and stupid) We walked into the camp to find a large amount of goblins. We fought hard but my 2 companions were quickly slain and I tried to escape but they surrounded me. I then went into a martial trance and slaughtered a bunch of them before getting stabbed in the foot and my martial trance ending.

I quickly retreated to the town and found myself a new friend, He was a spearman who had killed a giant, I got him to join me on my glorious quest to kill the goblin master and avenge my fallen friends.
We entered the camp and prepared to slaughter them, sadly the spearman was immediately shot in the leg and swarmed by the remaining goblins, I went over to him and killed all the goblins that were attacking him, I tried to protect him but I got a bolt in my foot and had to once again retreat but not before killing 6 more goblins.

I had gained many scars all over my body at this point and realized that I should probably avoid going into that camp again until I had some more companions, but I decided to get one companion and head back to the camp during the night. We were ready to begin our attack on the goblins but I got shot in the spine and decided to retreat, I began crawling away and I saw my current companion also trying to flee, before I could get away I was shot in the head and died. :"C
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Plump Helmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 10:21:50 pm »

I managed to survive a boogeyman attack in the Genesis mod (although heavily scarred). Shortly afterwards, I wandered into an evil biome and got my skull caved in by a flock of harpies...

...but not before one of them decided to try and claw off my junk.

Sitokirment

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

My most recent adventurer was given 2 quests: kill a Vampire and kill a Werekangaroo. I did the first one easy enough and drank his blood to no effect, so I went off on my other quest after gathering 2 companions. While trying to cross a river one of them wondered off to kill an animal and the other came with me only to drown in said river. I looted his stuff which included many strange things like dingo bone and cougar hair accessories. Friendless and with the darkness closing in I make a b-line for the lair in order to avoid the bogeymen. I confront the werebeast in human form and I'm sorry to say that this unarmed naked woman beat the everloving crap out of me before she finally bled to death (I suffocated on the way back to the cave after the fight).

I looked the companion up in legends mode and it turned out that this man that drowned in the river was a well-renowned hero. He'd killed about 2 named beasts, had been in an ongoing feud with a Minotaur for the last 10 years of his life, and had killed about 100 (Blank)-men and like 8 black bears. This man was a hero and he died on the way to kill a werebeast that, as it turned out, had never even killed anything in her beast form, yet.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2014, 07:38:42 am »

I had just killed a dragon and decided to carry the corpse back to the guy who'd given me the quest, just in case I learned the secrets of life and death later on and needed a corpse stockpile. About halfway there, we were ambushed by some human bandits. Their leader, of course, had a crossbow and her first attack lodged a bolt in my heart. Prepared for death, I threw the dragon corpse at her, killing her instantly and stabbed one of her followers in the head with my bronze spear. And then, I transformed into a werebull. My companions were under attack, so I decided to save them, which later turned out to be a mistake. When the last of the bandits was dead, I was attacked by the two people who had followed me through dungeons and dragons, to victory and glory. But I didn't kill them. I strangled them unconscious and bit them a few times, them went on to do the same to every notable figure in my former civilisation.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

blazing glory

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2014, 07:48:34 am »

They followed you through dungeons and dragons but didn't know about your terrible secret.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2014, 08:40:54 am »

I got bitten during the previous full moon, so I'd never transformed before that.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2014, 10:12:17 am »

Truly, a sad tale.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2014, 12:04:46 pm »

^ makes me wonder.
Could one mod in a poison (that could get on bolts or arrows) that could cause wereX or vampirism?

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2014, 11:28:10 am »

I generated a hugh world, made a fort with a complete set of masterwork adamantine stuff and fully automatic danger room only to discover that all dwarf civilisations start on the south polar cap and there is an endless ocean to the main land, including the awesome fort waiting for an adventurer to claim its stuff. Any corrings of that ocean above ground is impossible due to ice, at least without hacking in a flyers skills. Even then I couldn't since ice melting created so much CPU heat, I couldn't get there in any sane time. Rage deleted that world :(

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23:38 am »

I got a quest to kill a creature somewhere far away. After about a week of walking, i found it's lair, several stolen things and a corpse. Dfhack told me that creature died of old age waiting for me. Never thought that can happen at all.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2014, 10:06:04 am »

I got a quest to kill a creature somewhere far away. After about a week of walking, i found it's lair, several stolen things and a corpse. Dfhack told me that creature died of old age waiting for me. Never thought that can happen at all.

Was he an old marksman covered in moss with a bird pet?
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.
Pages: 1 2 [3]