Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207491 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« on: February 22, 2014, 11:39:28 am »

This is the thread for mission 12, the defense of Hephaestus.

Players: Miyamoto has graciously divided you all up into teams, the information about which can be found here:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Current_Mission_Information

When you post, make sure to preface your post with which team you are on. You can also preface it with any important situational information you want to make extra superduper sure I remember.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:18:16 am by piecewise »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 11:43:59 am »

Jack Hansan, Pilot of ThunderTron, Team B Second-in-Command, Heading for rally point.

Drive ThunderTron to designated rally point.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:17 am »

Dominika hoists her rifle across her back as she begins to move to the rally point, looking for Auron to pair with as she did so.
As she moves, she pops an email to the rest of her squad.
Quote from: Dominika>Blobfish Squad
Don't worry about me vaporizing everyone, I hate getting vaporized as much as the next guy; I'll be careful. As for my loadout, I've got a microwave amp and a laser rifle. I shoot people and I will fry people from as far away as I can.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:48:04 am »

((Not entirely sure... Xantalos pretty much attached me to a team, do I still come here?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 11:57:55 am »

((Reposting action from the other thread))
Team G, Anton Chernozorov, engineer. Main hangar area.

Anton makes sure that the Party Wagon and the Black Death are ready to take off whenever they need to. Then reports to Milno for further orders.

((Ship names and stats reminder, for PW and everyone else:
The Southern Cross: the assault ship/modified space tug. Four laser cannons, PD lasers, and heavy armor.
The Party Wagon: the hot-dropship/modified Courier. 8 cutting laser turrets and two fusion missiles. Assigned to Mobile Reserve.
The Black Death: the "kill button" flying plasma cannon/modified Blackship. High speed, massive shipbuster plasma cannon, six shots. Only for emergency use.
Tweedledee: the standard hauler ship. Two cutting laser turrets. Unassigned, free for use.
Tweedledum: the (almost) FTL modified hauler ship. Two cutting laser turrets. Unassigned, free for use.
The Merchant: the cargo transport ship, unmodified, noncombat. Will likely be used for salvage ops after battle.))

Anton Chernozorov's reference sheet
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:52:56 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »

REPOST:
Maurice Sanctor - Team D "Marabou" Medic

Finishing the e-mail to Simus, Maurice left his research terminal and hurried off to suit up and gather equipment.
The familiar excitement of 'Corps assignment, I missed it so much.
To the Team D rally point!
Prepare to do math. Complex math, lots of it.

((@GM I don't suppose I managed to synthesize any meaningful amount of that substance, did i?))

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 12:35:56 pm »

((LET'S MAKE A THREAD FOR EVERY TEAM! WOO WE HAVE OUR OWN SUB-BOARD!!

Hmm... We could possibly make a thread for Defense, Assault, Boarding and Reserves though.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:38:57 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 12:45:25 pm »

Repost
Jack Catar soldier -Team B, Platypus in transit to rally point
Jack grabs his gear and heads to the bunker while typing on the wristpad.  Its go time.
Quote from: Jack Catar to team Platypus (Pancaek, Steve Saint, Stacy, other Jack)
I have a Mk 1 suit, a longsword, and a laser rifle.  I have decent training in conventional weaponry.  In theory I can use unconventional and exotic weaponry, but I wouldn't try it.
Head to the team B rally point
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »

Repost.
Team D "Marabou"

Felix, having already gotten his equipment in order this morning, heads to his team's rally point.

(The Man-Nip is in his locker, along with his tokens. The rest of 'his' possessions are with him.)
Team D "Marabou"

"Oh great, I get the team with religious nuts..." Felix mumbled to himself, off-radio.

Spoiler: Felix Grant Loadout (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:48:45 pm by swordsmith04 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 01:24:21 pm »

Team F: Blobfish

"Right, you heard the brain! Auron, Dominika, Lerman, Xan, assemble at the rally point. Since we have some newbies, I'm gonna pair ya off. Dominika, you're with Auron, Lerman, you're with me. Xan, take whatever form suits your fancy, and go easy on the amps. Don't want you vaporising us. Same with you Dominika. Miyamoto, anywhere in particular you want us to go?"

Get the team together at the rally point, and make sure we got all the Sods too. If Miyamoto has a specific area in mind for us, get the team moving in that direction.

((It begins.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »

Team B - Platypus!

Be where I'm supposed to be, wearing space suit and brandishing High Energy Projector menacingly. There will be blood and whatnot.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 02:19:28 pm »

Team G (Reserve) - Flint Westwood - Flying Heavy Soldier

Flint instinctively looked up, half expecting the drop pods to fall on him any second.
It was good while it lasted.
He ran back to Gilgamesh, patting him on his leg affectionately before getting in, the hatch closing behind him as he typed on the keyboard.

Ask Steve: "Any ideas about what they know? Is this a scouting party or an assault force? I'm asking because I want to know how we'll approach this. Should we wait a bit and ambush them once they're spread out or attack the moment we see them? Any idea where they'll land?"

He looked at his teammates and used the thumb of the hand of the battlesuit that was still usable to point at himself.
@Team: "I'm going to go find a vantage point. Make sure I can see what's going on around here, be able to see whoever needs help and be able to get there quickly. Anybody wants a ride? Any objections team leader?"

Unless the team leader objects, fly to a nearby high point from which I can keep an eye on as much of the surrounding area as possible. Take anyone who requests a ride.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:32:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 02:31:24 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint

REPOSTS

Saint sat on the edge of his bunk and silently listened to Miyamoto's speech.  After it completes, he heaved a deep sigh and hung his head for several seconds.  When he raised his face, it had a determined scowl.

He got up, and started walking towards the hanger to suit up while typing a message out on his wristpad.

Quote from: From Steve Saint to Team Platypus (Pancaek, Stacy and both Jacks)
This is Steve Saint, reporting in.  Everyone, this is your wake up alarm, let's get to the southern bunker now.  That means you too Jack, you don't get special priority just because you're in a battle bot.

After Steve suits up, he quickly heads to the armory and quickly buys an emergency kit.  Then he heads to the southern bunker and begins inspecting it- making sure the strange machine he got for christmas is still there, and connecting his wristpad to the cameras.  Finally, he charges a dynamic AUX bonus. 

After he finishes with his inspection, he texts Miyamoto.

Quote from: Steve Saint to Miyamoto De Bergerac
Your speech mentioned limiting communications between teams, to keep our channels clear.  However, you are a frontline combatant, AND our senior tactical advisor; I would think it prudent to select someone to be mission control, so that they can listen to all the chatter and filter the important tactical information to you.

Of course I recommend myself, as I'm team Platypus' medic, and we're manning the heaviest defenses- I have very little that I have to do.  But even if you don't want me, I really think you should consider appointing someone to the position.
Quote from: Steve Saint to Platypus team (Pancaek, Both Jacks, and Stacy)
I am currently equipped with a standard MKI suit, a Sub-Exoskeleton Model C "Confidence", and an emergency kit.  Nothing more.

As far as combat skills, I have none.  I am very skilled with computer systems and medical aid however.  Also, I may be able to reprogram my exoskeleton to allow me to fire conventional weapons, although that program has not been extensively tested and is therefore potentially dangerous.

Also, I have moved the strange device I received for Christmas into the bunker.  It has not been tested, however I believe it is an area of effect weapon; it may be prudent to activate it if enemies overrun our position.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 02:40:13 pm »

Team C, Canglerfish
Stick to Miyamoto until actual combat starts.

Go find Anglerfish team and get ready to KICK SOME MOTHERBLEEPING ARSE.
"Hi, who are you?"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:12:39 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 03:59:30 pm »

Denzel- Team E, "Aye-Aye" Leader

Move out to the team E bunker, wearing my Mk1 and carrying my combi-weapon, monoatomic sword, cutlass, brass knuckles, and extra laser rifle. Drop the extra laser rifle in the bunker for anyone who needs it. Also, in my year-long action, I asked to buy a microwave manipulator, but only if the manipulator would use Uncon, and if it used INT instead, I asked to buy a microwave amp instead. Which one did I buy?

As he moves out, Denzel composes a message to his team and sends it out. "Hello there, team Aye-Aye, or as I'll be calling you guys, team E. As you probably know, I'm Denzel, your team leader. I'm going to need to know what exactly you can do and what you have. If we work together and don't kill each other, we might just make it through this.

This is a repost, just for the record.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109