Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: CESSPOOL: GWG arguments, Non-ER related guff, General embuggerances  (Read 29460 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:23:01 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: CESSPOOL: GWG arguments, Non-ER related guff, General embuggerances
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2014, 11:26:39 am »

People who don't like rap music just don't like what it's associated with.

Rap is freaking art.

You can't really dispute rap being art, though. Music you'd have more of a chance with, since definitions of music are highly culture-based and terribly limited most of the time, unless you're one of the "music is the interplay of sound and silence, and it may or may not have pitch, dynamics, rhythm, timbre and texture" crowd.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:59 am »

Wish I could clicky those links on my iPod. :p

---
I don't even like most rap. I just think its unfair to claim only some kinds of music are art. All music is art, even if I hate it. My damn Legos are art if I stick them together in the shape of a life-sized Death Star.

Forfeit the game
Before somebody else
Takes you out of the frame.
Put your name to shame.
Cover up your face,
You can't run he race
The pace is too fast
You just won't last.

Some early 2000 Linkin Park. It's like poetry in the context of the song I love it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »

This thread has suddenly turned awfully civil...
You mean it wasn't? :P
That's the norm of B12.

Wherein while other forums have content devolve into rambling, we have content evolve from rambling and random musing.

There is a lot of idiotic tripe in this thread, but I just want to say that I love this post.  It's really annoying how so many people say "Oh B12 is great 'cause we're INSANE!".   No, if you want insanity and idiocy go read the minecraft forums or something.  Or really, the massive majority of forums not about something esoteric.  B12 is great because of what Tiruin said, and because that example I gave had two properly used apostrophies!

Even our idiots are above average.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2014, 12:47:19 pm »

This thread has suddenly turned awfully civil...
You mean it wasn't? :P
That's the norm of B12.

Wherein while other forums have content devolve into rambling, we have content evolve from rambling and random musing.

There is a lot of idiotic tripe in this thread, but I just want to say that I love this post.  It's really annoying how so many people say "Oh B12 is great 'cause we're INSANE!".   No, if you want insanity and idiocy go read the minecraft forums or something.  Or really, the massive majority of forums not about something esoteric.  B12 is great because of what Tiruin said, and because that example I gave had two properly used apostrophies!

Even our idiots are above average.

That's all true.

At the same time, farming and airdrowning mermaids for their bones. So even if we're above average, we're still quite mad. Like an evil scientist!

Yeah, I think that personifies Bay12 quite well.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2014, 02:01:58 pm »

The rap I'm familiar tends to have pretty much non-existent melody, and is rather displeasing to the ear. Rather noisy and dissonant.
Subjectivity ahoy! I'm sure that there are people who hate classical music, too.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »

I don't really want to encourage GWG to argue.  I just muted him for trouble elsewhere.  Also, this thread is a bit too much like various nonsense -- it starts fine, but it'll devolve into image spam and then worse, inevitably.  So, sorry to be a downer, but I'm locking it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]