Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207381 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1215 on: April 18, 2014, 06:39:06 pm »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Check the vehicle and the suit's computer for any work orders.

If one is found, use it to provide an appropriate work order. Doesn't have to be relevant or current (unless I can identify a part of its number that indicates date, in which case change it to something more current), just has to be a work order (although changing it to make it sound relevant would help, if possible).

If none are found, ask Steve (in a way Sods won't see it) to give me a random work order number and definition. If he has no idea or if I don't have enough time, say a number at random. If I have no idea what the length of the number should be, mumble a bit near the end.

Right now, I'm just looking to stall the sods.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:42:20 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 18, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »

Auron, team C.

Cautiously advance with my shield up.

Keep an eye out for traps and possible ambushes, if found laser them with great prejudice.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 18, 2014, 11:19:45 pm »

TEAM G
Assist renen, spray the hall with laser fire if needed or able

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 19, 2014, 12:16:47 am »

Team E

After getting the word from Steve, get both of us to a safe distance and start destroying tiles with my rocket rifle. Make sure that a nicely sized path is made and that each tile is actually quite destroyed before we step on it. Make sure not to touch any of the other tiles and keep an eye open for more defences, which I would then shoot too.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 19, 2014, 09:19:16 am »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

"Steve, how's Team H doing? Seems we need either a diversion or a miracle here." Milno asks Steve as the situation outside takes yet another turn for the worse.

Same shit. Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.

Talk to Steve. If there's a chance to help Team H in the state Milno's in somehow, take it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 19, 2014, 01:39:26 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Ooh, so it does near-relativistic speeds? I guess I better make sure all the windows are closed around here, that can't be good for the atmosphere."

Maintain lookout. Wait for something to happen. Nothing else to do for now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 20, 2014, 10:20:38 am »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Let Auron go out first, and then, if he doesn't get blown up, follow behind him and guard the rear. Stay on guard. Also, ask for sod assistance on our ship. We seem to be in an unfortunate position currently.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 20, 2014, 07:59:43 pm »

I'm sure Morul can find some environmental control that will defrost me.

Even vacuum would work, it would hopefully all sublimate.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1223 on: April 21, 2014, 01:32:03 pm »

TEAM A
(( Holy shit, did the Sods actually find the controllers? Quick, tell the Sods to control the Sods! XD))

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Prepare for coordinated attack with a grenade! Or for the Sods to be ordered to stand down... by other Sods :P

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

If Hasala's sods can get these sods to stand down, or rest of team decides to wait/delay/distract, continue with non-shooty plan and help where needed. Otherwise:

Radio teammates only. Look downwards so the sod can't read my lips: Guys? I don't think we can talk our way out of this one. I say time to go loud. I got the ones farthest away

If shit happens, target sod farthest away with amp, heat one foot sphere by 150 degrees Celsius centered on their head, then second farthest, then third and finally the closest, hoping the rest of the teammates take out the closest ones before Thaddeus has to
Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

"Steve, how's Team H doing? Seems we need either a diversion or a miracle here." Milno asks Steve as the situation outside takes yet another turn for the worse.

Same shit. Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.

Talk to Steve. If there's a chance to help Team H in the state Milno's in somehow, take it.

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Check the vehicle and the suit's computer for any work orders.

If one is found, use it to provide an appropriate work order. Doesn't have to be relevant or current (unless I can identify a part of its number that indicates date, in which case change it to something more current), just has to be a work order (although changing it to make it sound relevant would help, if possible).

If none are found, ask Steve (in a way Sods won't see it) to give me a random work order number and definition. If he has no idea or if I don't have enough time, say a number at random. If I have no idea what the length of the number should be, mumble a bit near the end.

Right now, I'm just looking to stall the sods.

"2..." the sod counts, his weapon still trained on Thad. The team waits nervously. They know there's a chance H team could stop this with risking a close range fire fight like this. Milno Flexes his fingers in the alien gauntlet, and Skylar leans forward, ready to leap out John Woo style and spray bullets while doves fly away in the background. Both Thad and Flint ready themselves to duck, grab their rifles and come up shooting. Their hearts beat in their throats as the seconds tick away. If it comes to it, this is gonna be all about speed. Sods won't miss, not at this range. And they won't flinch. It's an almost absolute certainty that if this happens, Thad and Flint are going to end up injured at the very least.

TEAM B

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Wonder what these buttons do? Hrmmm. Perhaps I should avoid all the big red ones."

Examine the buttons in detail, and look for anything that might explain which buttons do what. If I cannot find anything that would explain which ones to press, use my best judgement, and push some buttons.

((You have no idea how tempting it was to just say "PUSH ALLLLL THE BUTTONS!"))
Team B - Rightfully Wary

How do you intend to be unfrozen then, Simus?

Keep watch out for any enemies.

It's a keyboard ya stup. It's not just gonna have a dedicated "Make things warmer" button. Maybe a hotkey configuration, but not one button. Think about this logically: If you had a program on your computer for controlling the temp in your house, how would you go about finding and trying to use it?

TEAM C

Auron, team C.

Cautiously advance with my shield up.

Keep an eye out for traps and possible ambushes, if found laser them with great prejudice.

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Let Auron go out first, and then, if he doesn't get blown up, follow behind him and guard the rear. Stay on guard. Also, ask for sod assistance on our ship. We seem to be in an unfortunate position currently.

The team beats feet up the hall and around the corner. The hall that it connects to is fairly short, ending with another 90 degree turn that continues in the same direction as the original hall. Halfway down this hall is something strange. It looks like a tripwire, but it runs along the floor, ceiling and walls, stretched between metal hoop anchors at the corners. It connects to a black box on the roof.

TEAM E

Team E

After getting the word from Steve, get both of us to a safe distance and start destroying tiles with my rocket rifle. Make sure that a nicely sized path is made and that each tile is actually quite destroyed before we step on it. Make sure not to touch any of the other tiles and keep an eye open for more defences, which I would then shoot too.

Ask how to brute force pressure plates safely.

Um... How do we brute force the plates without setting them off? Does it involve explosives?
[Con:2+1]

Bishop sprays a few rounds from his rocket rifle into the room, but they fail to do any sort of concentrated or useful damage.

>I'd recommend using some sort of higher explosive to simply blow the hallway apart. Or triggering the system and then destroying the mesh. That would work too.

TEAM F

Team F

"Aye. Also, can someone get my foot out?"

Try to get foot out again.
Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

Lars blinks.  "I do not question the will of the gods."

Abstain.  Help Jack get out.  Doesn't anyone have a laser rifle?

GWG is muted for a time, isn't he? Well, We'll have him follow along as per usual.

For the sake of time, lets just say you all got out. I'm sure there are people (Like me) that wanna get back to the more normal missions.

TEAM G

TEAM G

Enter BT, throw something that isn't a teammate down the corridor. Observe, try to discover if I'd be able to avoid the bullets and destroy the turrets.

TEAM G
Assist renen, spray the hall with laser fire if needed or able

Renen tosses a  fist sized chunk of debris into the room and watches. The Turrets follow it through the air, all turning to point at it, but they don't fire. Hmm. That could be a useful quality.

TEAM H

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Ooh, so it does near-relativistic speeds? I guess I better make sure all the windows are closed around here, that can't be good for the atmosphere."

Maintain lookout. Wait for something to happen. Nothing else to do for now.

True enough. You could talk to steve to kill time, if you'd like.

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Order UWM Sods to stand down. When that doesn't work, make and play recordings of the hostages ordering the UWM Sods to obey the next voice they hear, and then tell the UWM Sods to stand down again. Don't let the men give any orders directly.

If the hostages don't cooperate at first, offer them incentives to do so; try to pique their interest and get them to suggest the rewards, if possible. No overt threats, just yet.
The sods manage to, through threatening looks and hard edged movements that carry with them the promise of broken ribs and dislocated joints, to extract a sound bite from the hostages. The soundbite is as follows.

"Stand down, Order 118. I repeat, Stand down, order 118."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 21, 2014, 01:44:33 pm »

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

"Praise be to the gods, for we are free!"

Continue down the slightly ruined hallway, advancing cautiously.  Slap sleepy people along behind.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 21, 2014, 01:51:59 pm »

Team F

Follow Lars.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:49 pm »

Angel Team C

Keep well clear of the device, try and think if this looks like anything I might have seen before

Steve do you read me? you have suit sensors on us I know, if you've got a vidlink do you have any idea what we're looking at here?

Transmit to Steve, wait for instructions

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 21, 2014, 03:04:52 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels.

"Why can't they just have a dial, or a thermostat. Hrmm."

Take a quick look around the room for a thermostat, and crank up the heat if I do. If not, look for a menu on the monitor, or press crtl+F, or shift+/, or F1. If that fails, drag Simus back in here, and have her take a look.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 21, 2014, 03:13:06 pm »

Team B

Ggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Discard exo bonus, charge Willpower dynamic bonus.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:45:38 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 21, 2014, 03:19:13 pm »

"If you're gonna be like that, make a scout critter. Tether it to you with a length of nerves and sinew, and practice using it."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 109