Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 206030 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1230 on: April 21, 2014, 03:35:03 pm »

That'll take a while if I don't want to explode into a wiggling mass of nerves. I need to focus to make any effective change.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 21, 2014, 03:44:15 pm »

"Well, then start focusing. This might take a bit."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 21, 2014, 03:44:53 pm »

Fine.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 21, 2014, 04:54:26 pm »

Auron team C

If my team manages to find a way around the device follow them and disregard the following actions:

Hide around the corner, attempt to shoot the tripwire as close to the device as possible with my laser without cutting into the device itself.

If it doesnt explode or activate, place my gun directly against the ceiling and cut around it then pocket the roof chunk its mounted to.

If it does activate, shoot the damn thing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:22:44 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 21, 2014, 05:05:15 pm »

TEAM G
throw another thing then pop out and laser one of the turrets
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 21, 2014, 06:07:06 pm »

Team E - Lerman

Return to original plan of throwing something on the plates and running to cover.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1236 on: April 21, 2014, 07:12:23 pm »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

((Damn it. This couldn't have worked better if this was a movie. The heroes are in a tight spot, time running out, only a slim hope for success...
At least Flint is sticking to his MO, making stupid plans and getting himself in situations where he has a slim chance of survival and where the suspense is killing me.
Now I have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens.))

If it looks like combat is unavoidable, crank my headlamps to the highest possible setting (above 100%, like someone did in the abyss mission I think) to act as a flashbang on the Sods (if their helmets have the auto-dimming feature ours have it should still work since the helmet will dim temporarily rendering the sod blind).

Then jump to cover and fire at the sods with a sweep of my laser rifle.

((I know this is going to probably break the lamps, but the few seconds of supercharged light should be enough to blind them.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:13:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 21, 2014, 11:23:03 pm »

Team E

Check over what we have to see if we have any kind of high explosive or something that blows up when it gets hit by monofilaments. Then go back and find something suitably heavy to throw on the plates. Rig it up to explode when sliced apart and let my teammate throw it in. Help pull him into cover when he does so.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 21, 2014, 11:49:26 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Ask on the general (non-UWM) radio channel ((as in, 'ask Steve')) what Order 118 means.

If Order 118 is not a 'surrender/stand down/kill yourself' message, or if no one knows what it is, play the soundfile, but turn off the mic/mute the Sod's speaker for the 'Order 118' part, so that the message is "Stand down... I repeat, stand down..."

If that doesn't work and/or it look likes the UWM Sods are about to fire, or Order 118 means what we want it to, just play the entire soundfile and hope for the best.

((Running out of time and half-alseep, here. I'd like to pre-emptively apologize to everyone this affects.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:12:49 am by swordsmith04 »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 21, 2014, 11:52:10 pm »

Team C: Audaxes!

Try to intuit a safe way to get by. Since it's obviously an area denial weapon, has Thomas seen anything similar in the past? Also, try to intuit if the metal which the halls are made of would be thin/weak enough for the monorazor to cut into.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:52 am »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

If combat happens, target closet sod, heat one foot sphere centered on the sods head, by 150 degrees Celsius. Do same with sod farthest away, then second farthest, and then the second closest. Dodge and use laser shotgun where applicable. Also, Thaddeus has the sub-exoskeleton model C "HOPE" equipped, in case that becomes important
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 22, 2014, 02:08:03 am »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Continue to be ready! Use (theoretical) dynamic bonus to throw out a grenade at the farthest sods if combat happens

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Ask on the general (non-UWM) radio channel ((as in, 'ask Steve')) what Order 118 means.

If Order 118 is not a 'surrender/stand down/kill yourself' message, or if no one knows what it is, play the soundfile, but turn off the mic/mute the Sod's speaker for the 'Order 118' part, so that the message is "Stand down... I repeat, stand down..."

If that doesn't work and/or it look likes the UWM Sods are about to fire, or Order 118 means what we want it to, just play the entire soundfile and hope for the best.

((Running out of time and half-alseep, here. I'd like to pre-emptively apologize to everyone this affects.))

(( Honestly, that's a pretty good choice, I think. Not bad for half-asleep :P))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 22, 2014, 08:37:17 am »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audaxes

Ask Auron not to shoot yet, consider ways around, and be ready to run for cover if needed/provide a rearguard if needed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 22, 2014, 10:56:59 am »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Same shit. Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 22, 2014, 11:51:24 am »

TEAM G

Damn, it must search for movements and heat. How can I test the velocity of the shots...

Try to figure out if I can pass the corridor at my maximum speed without taking damage.

(Intuition roll)
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 109