Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 209822 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 04:03:13 pm »

Reposting. Team G member.

Jim hangs out wherever Team G is supposed to be, because it looks like Miyamoto plunked us in the area that got nuked. I could be wrong.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 04:08:23 pm »

"Steve did something for the mining laser come through? because otherwise I am going to be throwing stones"
ask, get thing take mining laser to chokepoint using thing, else go to choke point and grab a weapon off of simus
I may need to take you up on the offer of a weapon
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:37:59 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

Gear up with the MK2, cutting torch and gauss pistol + ammo, and proceed to the blobfish rally point.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:21:32 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 04:20:58 pm »

Team A; "Ostrich" - Simus, Team A Leader - Hephaestus HQ Executive Boardroom

Quote from: Simus>Team A; "Ostrich"
Our task is simple: Defend the headquarters, and more specifically, the control room, from any invasion by UWM forces. We have the layout on our side for this: There are two chokepoints: The entrance to the HQ through the Aurora anomaly that protects us from laser-based bombardment, which is a single tunnel connecting through to the area's tunnel network. The other is the elevator into the control room itself. We also have a squad of Miyamoto's gene-hacked Sods at our disposal.

The plan is as follows, unless anybody objects: We will have a guard or two, preferably Leo and Joseph, stay with the Sods at the primary chokepoint, the entrance to the HQ. They will remain within the Aurora, but only just inside. I will remain in the control room, monitoring the overall situation. The remaining, preferably Charles, who will be my second-in-command for the duration, will be on-duty at the secondary chokepoint. If anybody needs a weapon, I can spare one or two.

Let's hope the others do their jobs so admirably that we're not needed. More likely, we'll end up holding off a horde of UWM Commandos. Any questions or concerns?

Spoiler: Simus Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 04:22:08 pm »

Team A; "Ostrich" - Charles, Team A Second-in-Command - Hephaestus HQ Chokepoint 2

Charles deploys his turret in a concealed location that could cover as much of the area as possible while still remaining behind cover, it is loaded with the ClF3 magazine. He equips his arm cannon if he can do so and sill operate the turret. He also gives access for Team A units and, if allowed, Team G and Steve to remotely control the turret as well. He goes into a different piece of cover away from his turret.

Quote from: Charles>Team A; "Ostrich"
You all should access to my turret as well now, you may control it through your wristpads but please only do so if you are experienced with conventional weapons. It uses rounds designed for area denial, so please try to avoid collateral damage when using them. I fear that I can do little should they get to my location, so don't expect to rely on me. That being said, I will attempt to hold them off if they arrive here.

Spoiler: Charles Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 05:28:50 pm »

Repost
Team F Blobfish

Xan awaits from the hibernation he'd put himself in for the remaining time.

So it begins. Once more into the fray, it would appear.

Suit up with my equipment, head over to the rally point.

Provided we survive, Morul, I expect you to deliver me the token you owe me.

((It wouldn't be too incongruous to assume I'm still the dragon thing, right?))

Spoiler: Xan Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 05:42:34 pm »

Head to armory and buy a standard gauss clip.

Rendezvous at Team F rally point, pair up with dominika.

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

((@pw: The bullets worked fine, it was my stake thrower that didnt live up to expectations.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:54:51 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 07:03:35 pm »

Reposted from the other thread.
Team D

Make sure I got all my stuff back from Auron. Get six molotovs and a roll of duct tape from the armory. Join Felix at the rally point. Smoke a bluesmoke.
Spoiler: Team D: Dubley Loadout (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 07:23:55 pm »

--repost from other thread--

Team B - en route to team C bunker

Pancaek start heading outside, mentally making an email. ((have I ever said how cool I find it that robobieded poeple don't need to type on their wristpad to send mails? ))

Quote from: Pancaek -> Stacy, both jacks, and steve saint
Allright platypus squad, gather at our rally point, the bunker just south of the battery defences.

I also want an overview of what equipment you currently have and what you can bring to the table skill-wise. In jack's case, I want to know what kind of weapons clunkbot has.

And remember what General De Bergerac said, no nagging his ear off. If you've got a problem, you can comm me.

Make haste for Team B rally point in the bunker. Assess distance from the laser defences to the bunker. While I'm going there, inspect the steve-bot. Also, see if I can smuggle the gauss pistol and the extra guass clips out of the briefcase from last mission.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2014, 07:55:42 pm »

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

As he moved out to the Team D rally point, Lars addressed his teammates.  "Gentlemen, the time we have prepared for is nigh.  Brother Maurice- I have worked with you enough to know and trust you.  You shall take command if I fall.  By the good grace of Steve, we are now well and truly ready for anything.  Under the leadership of his saintly generals, we will repel this attack.  By the saving hands of Algis, may we be safe.  May Vo-nos guide our feet and blades and Ingram deliver our bullets.  May Pathmas ever be in our favor, and all praises to the Most Glorious Steve.  Amen."

He then sends out a message to the rest of the team leaders.

Quote from: To Team Leaders
Fellow team leaders,

I have appointed Brother Maurice as my second in command, in case something should happen to me.  May he lead with the Grace of Steve if required.

Move to rally point for Team D.

Team D fellows: Mind giving a quick synopsis of your gear/skills so I know what we're ready for?  Something like this:

Spoiler: Lars Loadout (click to show/hide)

((repost))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 08:00:23 pm »

[qoute=Jack>Pancaek]Honestly, the only weapon I actually remember that this bit has is the PAC or something similar. I also have a katana, two shotguns, gunpowder based rifle, a laser rifle, and that gauss rifle I looted from Ivan. I am also wearing my civil defenders Longcoat.[/qoute]

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2014, 08:02:26 pm »

Denzel- Team E, "Aye-Aye" Leader
As he moves out, Denzel composes a message to his team and sends it out. "Hello there, team Aye-Aye, or as I'll be calling you guys, team E. As you probably know, I'm Denzel, your team leader. I'm going to need to know what exactly you can do and what you have. If we work together and don't kill each other, we might just make it through this.

T. stands silently, bristling with various forms of explosives.
They seem to make the point.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »

Simus'll give the generator-modified laser rifle if Joseph needs it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 08:36:53 pm »

Go find 'Team B' and join them as I am the lonely post-human unpicked for the teams.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »

Skylar - Team C, Support :: Moving to Bunker C

Moving to the bunker, boss.

To bunker C!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 109