Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 208032 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »

Jack "Knight" Catar-Team B
Hard to aim straight when your hideout has just been hit by a mortar.  Nevertheless Jack tried, and missed.
Over radio to Miyamoto.
"This is Jack.  I think the singing robot and I are the two remaining functional members of team B.  A damaged battlesuit and a few sods are engaged."
Fire on the enemies, in the event that I was incapacitated by overload or Thundertron, ignore this post.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:19 pm »

Xan - Team F - Really really pissed off - Temporary team F Leader

Xan, enraged by the threats to his person, bellows down the comm channels.

TURN OFF THE ARTILLERY CANNONS YOU DEGRADING SACKS OF SHIT OR I'LL TEAR YOUR EYES OUT! EVIDENTLY YOU DON'T USE THEM OR YOU'D NOT HAVE HIT THE BUNKER I WAS IN NOT ONCE, BUT FUCKING TWICE! ONE MORE AND I WILL COME AFTER YOU AND DISASSEMBLE YOU INTO YOUR COMPONENT PARTS!

He then lets loose an actual deep throated roar.

Boil the battlesuit pilot in his suit with my microwave amp.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:48:22 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2014, 09:50:26 pm »

TEAM A

Team A - Team Leader Simus - Control Room

Spoiler: Simus Quicksheet (click to show/hide)

Artillery Orders:

Heavy Artillery fires at the Western Force
2 Mortars fire at the Southern Force
2 Mortars fire at the Western Force
2 Mortars move from position in the West to position in the North, and fire at the Northern Force, if possible
All mortars will prioritize in the order, highest priority to least: Battlesuit, Exosuit Sod, Sod

So both heavy artillery fires toward the south, and then one set of small mortars for each direction. Got it. Please ignore these numbers that are not related to anything.

((Yes... except no, not at all. At least for the heavy artillery. Does anyone see anything in my action indicating the heavy artillery firing to the south?))

Quote from: Simus> Miyamoto
How much did we spend on this whole artillery setup? Because right now, it seems bound and determined to help the UWM.

All artillery, hold fire. Reload if it's not loaded and take the time to sight in on the opposing UWM forces (These guys seriously need a dynamic bonus).
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2014, 10:14:45 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G

"I'm fine. Just a few bruises, nothing to worry about. I've had worst. Gilgamesh's legs and arms impaired but not destroyed and my rocket pods and rainbow cannon wielding arm are still operational so no real harm done. I can still move and shoot. Just need to dig myself out of the debris and I'll be ready to fight.

When this battle is over, I think we should all have a small talk with our artillery operators. Now I'm going to have to redo Gilgamesh's paintjob. Do you have any idea how long it will take me to repaint that wizard?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2014, 10:20:04 pm »

"Teams D, B, F and G, gimme a sitrep, I need to know who's still standing."
"Faith here, feelin' fine. About the only one, but there's three sods and a crippled battlesuit, so that'll be plenty.

"Faith and Lyra, come West as soon as you make sure there's no enemy left standing South."
"Will do! And might I say, the buried alive thing suits you, should try it more often."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:32:30 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »

I am operable, but extremely enraged. I feel like killing something with my bare claws.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 04, 2014, 10:26:12 pm »

Lars didn't even hear the shell coming.

No pain, no suffering... just the light.  Move toward the light of Steve...

"I'm coming home..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 04, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »

Team Fatally Bombarded by Artillery Shells
Dominika roars in rage at almost dying two times in a row, takes out her gun, and begins to shoot like mad.
"Fuck you, fuck you, not dying, NOT DYING, FUCK YOU!"
Fire at those non-battlesuit-y sods.
"I'm up, fuck!"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:58:49 pm by Powder Miner »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2014, 12:39:53 am »

If I get to come back, anything to do with the artillery that isn't already dead is going to die.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2014, 01:03:14 am »

Team F
It was something he had done what felt like a million times before. Sure, he had never had equipment like stealth painted armor, but still. The enemy was way over there, he was way over here. They were running around, he was stationary. It felt safe.

What I do here, in the HRMC, or whatever we call ourselves now, isn't really different from back home, or from when I worked.

Try to get up to a higher position. From there, scope up and look west, rifle set to very little dispersion and average power. Try and take out unarmored sods first by swinging the rifle's beam across their formation.

Quote from: Thomas to Team F over Radio
Yes, I am a sniper. I'll switch over to targeting the western forces.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2014, 01:07:26 am »

Quote from: Xan->Thomas
Please do. Hit the unarmored sods if you can.
And if you find whoever is operating the artillery cannons, stab them in the brain.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:38:07 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2014, 01:25:24 am »

Team A (perfect time to have a drink)
wonder if booze is an option while twiddling thumbs
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2014, 01:56:58 am »

Thaddeus Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt-Remains of Bunker 6

Holy shit, that was close. Lets not do that again.

Radio to Miyamoto: Gotcha big boss, trailing western group. So, uh, any suggestions for stalling them? I got a laser rifle and a microwave amp

Leave remains of bunker 6, trail behind the western group. Try and take pot shots at sods with laser rifle to stall them. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FULLY ENGAGE THEM. Stay well behind the group, but close enough to report on their positions.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:34 am »

Team C, Skylar, Support

Right, let's move out, Grate.

@Team D & G, flying medic inbound with small reinforcement. Direct me to your wounded, please.

Pick up Grate, drop him off at his request. Fly over to rendevous. Use dust clouds and assorted debris to avoid direct combat with sods until the rendevous.

If safe arrival at rendevous, begin performing triage on wounded.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 05, 2014, 03:29:39 am »

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer/pilot

"Что за на..what the heck is that artillery doing?

General Milno, this is Anton. I'm using my linkup to ship controls to direct some support your way. Tweedledee heads to support South, the Party Wagon and Tweedledum will move in to mop up the mess here and provide transport for the dead and injured. Alert any surviving medics that Tweedledum will now be our mobile hospital. Try to stall the attackers before they reach any tall structures so the ships are free to use their weapons.
"

Start up Tweedledee and direct it South to take out the remaining enemies and airlift any wounded or dead troops.
Start up Tweedledum and direct it to the West bunkers to act as a medical transport, shooting at any sods along the way.
Start up the Party Wagon and have it strafe the West group of invaders with all non-missile weapons.
Continue firing the Southern Cross's laser cannons at the West group of invaders.

((Did my attacking the Western group even make a dent in them last turn? You didn't include that in the list of what hit them.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 109