Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207998 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #345 on: March 05, 2014, 04:33:19 am »

Team G Cassowary, Faith, Remains of Bunker 4

Roast the pilot of the crippled battlesuit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2014, 04:43:42 am »

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"Teams D, B, F and G, gimme a sitrep, I need to know who's still standing."

"Stacy of Platypus here, still dancing cheerily! I say, is somebody going to execute whoever keeps shooting the bunkers already? It's becoming highly inconvenient! Our frustrated medicine-and-tech man just got pulped, don't you know. Only a head left!"

Check if Steve's corpse had a gun on it, or any other goods. Steal EVERYTHING that isn't destroyed. Especially the fellow's head. Can't leave any of that here, can I?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2014, 05:27:20 am »

Denzel-Team E Leader, damaged.

"Team, take cover and don't die. Sods, shoot only if it's needed to finish the enemy and won't draw undue attention to us. Now pardon me while I try to move like this."

Get to a position where I can fire at the UWM forces, resting my rifle on the rubble for stability, and should the others not finish the enemy forces, open fire with my laser, targeting exosuits first if possible.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #348 on: March 05, 2014, 09:15:12 am »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team Everything's in ruins "Aye-Aye"

"What the ####ing #### just happened!?"

Desperate times...

Push the button on my suit. Keep it pushed in case it matters. 1-foot heat sphere on the cockpit of an enemy battlesuit or exosuit, then get into cover.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:09 am »

Desperate times...

Push the button on my suit. Keep it pushed in case it matters. 1-foot heat sphere on the cockpit of an enemy battlesuit or exosuit, then get into cover.

((This can only end well.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 05, 2014, 11:08:43 am »

Team D: Rule 9: When you are forward of your position, your artillery will fall short

((Just to note checked with Piecewise: I am with Team D, specifically in the tunnels at the moment, not Team B...)

Team D! Sound Off, Who have we got effective?
Damn it! Someone tell me we have a fething succession of fething command protocol in place!
Priority on the wounded, lets get them stabilised for transport

Swear violently using words that would make a sailor blush. Carefully attempt to stabilise and splint maurice's legs using nearby rubble and the towel to bind it in place, get the Sod Medic to staunch Felix's Bleeding
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:10:56 am by Phoenix Flame »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #351 on: March 05, 2014, 02:10:13 pm »

TEAM A

TEAM A

Team A - Team Leader Simus - Control Room

Spoiler: Simus Quicksheet (click to show/hide)

Artillery Orders:

Heavy Artillery fires at the Western Force
2 Mortars fire at the Southern Force
2 Mortars fire at the Western Force
2 Mortars move from position in the West to position in the North, and fire at the Northern Force, if possible
All mortars will prioritize in the order, highest priority to least: Battlesuit, Exosuit Sod, Sod

So both heavy artillery fires toward the south, and then one set of small mortars for each direction. Got it. Please ignore these numbers that are not related to anything.

((Yes... except no, not at all. At least for the heavy artillery. Does anyone see anything in my action indicating the heavy artillery firing to the south?))

Quote from: Simus> Miyamoto
How much did we spend on this whole artillery setup? Because right now, it seems bound and determined to help the UWM.

All artillery, hold fire. Reload if it's not loaded and take the time to sight in on the opposing UWM forces (These guys seriously need a dynamic bonus).

Dunno why I wrote south when I very clearly had it effect the west. Oh well.

All guns holding fire, reloading and taking aim at forces, hopefully for less fuck-a-roo-ing in the future.

Team A (perfect time to have a drink)
wonder if booze is an option while twiddling thumbs
Booze is always an option around here. The Thomas option, to be specific.

TEAM B

Jack "Knight" Catar-Team B
Hard to aim straight when your hideout has just been hit by a mortar.  Nevertheless Jack tried, and missed.
Over radio to Miyamoto.
"This is Jack.  I think the singing robot and I are the two remaining functional members of team B.  A damaged battlesuit and a few sods are engaged."
Fire on the enemies, in the event that I was incapacitated by overload or Thundertron, ignore this post.
[con:2]
Fuck.

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"Stacy of Platypus here, still dancing cheerily! I say, is somebody going to execute whoever keeps shooting the bunkers already? It's becoming highly inconvenient! Our frustrated medicine-and-tech man just got pulped, don't you know. Only a head left!"

Check if Steve's corpse had a gun on it, or any other goods. Steal EVERYTHING that isn't destroyed. Especially the fellow's head. Can't leave any of that here, can I?
Yah know what? I'm gonna have you freaking attack the enemies still attacking the bunker RIGHT NOW. Because otherwise you might be dead.

[con:1+1]
Holy fuck. Holy fuck.

TEAM C

Lerman's dead.
((Perma- or temp?))

Team C, Grate. Northern area, possibly running west.

Quote from: Grate->Miyamoto
What now?
Sncrl,
G

If no Because of answer, head west to flank and shoot the sods there.

To the west you go. Gonna take you a turn to get out there on foot.

((Well. That happened. Who was it again that implied this mission was too easy? Also, DAMN YOU PYRO! Remind me to never let simus near artillery again. not that she could help it, but still. Gotta appease that RNG.))

((I think the artillery is doing more harm then good. Probably has to do with the fact that they get no bonus.
Yeah, I didn't think they'd perform quite so badly, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted so many RU on them. You'd think that in an era where we have FTL travel getting an artillery shell not to hit our bunker would be reasonable. Just a limitation of the RTD format I guess.

((What did I say about Artillery. If you're going to use it, you should put it at the bunkers so that it literally cannot friendly fire.))
Not really, it would just have misfired and exploded or something. A 1 is still a 1.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, very much pissed.

Miya will try to get to the western forces as fast as he can. If a shuttle arrives and it is capable of carrying him, take that, otherwise just run. If he gets there this turn, use manip to overheat battlesuit pilots and push back gauss cannon rounds. And shoot them with shard launcher for good measure.

Sniper team 1 boards the transport coming for team C, then engages hostiles once disembarked. If none is coming, they try to target any hostiles they can get a visual on.
Sniper team 2 retreats to admin building and tries to stall the western forces by taking a shot and then relocating, using stealth systems.
Team C sods stay at bunker 1.
Steve bots at laser battery engage southern enemies, then go after the western ones, but they wait until other ARM forces have engaged before attacking (so they don't attack them by themselves).

((note: I'm gonna count on Pyro, Sean and others to direct artillery and combat ships. Don't forget to use them. Except maybe artillery cause sods are to close by now, not sure if they'd be able to target.))

"HOW THE FRAK WAS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!

I need those combat ships in the air RIGHT NOW. First go help team B and F, those sods are too close to our laser battery. Send 1 ship to distract the western ones. And get a transport for team C over here.

Team C, we go help team D... Or what's left of it. Go to D6, regroup with survivors of D and G and then engage western forces. Hopefully there's a shuttle incoming for that.
Team E, start tailing those sods, try to stall them if you can, don't engage fully, you wouldn't make it on your own.
Teams D, B, F and G, gimme a sitrep, I need to know who's still standing.

All teams, focus on defeating the last of the enemy forces. There will be more coming after this and the sooner we take 'em out the sooner we can get our teammates to the infirmary."

To the west you go.
[Uncon:3+whatever, we know how this ends]

Sniper 1 heading west along with you to engage incoming forces
They do extremely poorly.

Sniper 2 is also a failure it seems.

Sods staying.

Steve bots head south, engaging enemies. Thats basically the last we'll see of those guys.

Team C, Skylar, Support

Right, let's move out, Grate.

@Team D & G, flying medic inbound with small reinforcement. Direct me to your wounded, please.

Pick up Grate, drop him off at his request. Fly over to rendevous. Use dust clouds and assorted debris to avoid direct combat with sods until the rendevous.

If safe arrival at rendevous, begin performing triage on wounded.

Alright, I Guess grate gets flown over to flail rather worthlessly with his low powered gun.
[con:4]
Better then nothing.

As per helping the wounded, I assume you mean fly over past the sods to the D team bunker. About the only one on the surface is Dubley and he's dead. The other injured people are in the semi-collapsed tunnel below, and you're gonna have to either dig down or head to another, unblown up bunker and use its tunnels to reach them.

TEAM D

Team D: Rule 9: When you are forward of your position, your artillery will fall short

((Just to note checked with Piecewise: I am with Team D, specifically in the tunnels at the moment, not Team B...)

Team D! Sound Off, Who have we got effective?
Damn it! Someone tell me we have a fething succession of fething command protocol in place!
Priority on the wounded, lets get them stabilised for transport

Swear violently using words that would make a sailor blush. Carefully attempt to stabilise and splint maurice's legs using nearby rubble and the towel to bind it in place, get the Sod Medic to staunch Felix's Bleeding
[Med:4]
You splint maurice's legs relatively well, considering the circumstances and materials available to you.  The medic sod Cauterizes Felix's stump and flesh wounds in an effective, if unsympathetic manner.

Felix Grant, Team D "Dead" - Tunnel under Ruin Five

Felix just lies there for a second as blood pours from his stump and, to a lesser degree, his leg. Just... letting the situation hit him. Then he pushes himself up with his good arm, and looks around. Well, that medic guy is here, legs broken. Religious nut/CO is down, reviveable. Heh. Two Sods... The medic was unlikely to take command, he believed, which made him the leader of this sorry band. Yay.

"Ugh. Support Sod, get over here. Tend to my injuries, as best you can. Then take a look at Maurice. Grenadier, dig out Lars' corpse. See if he's got anything for cauterizing wounds on him. Maurice, you have anything?"

He then switches his radio to the Command frequency, if he knows it, or a general one if he doesn't. "Centcom, this is Felix Grant, D Team. Bunker Five was just destroyed by friendly fire, one of those huge cannon rounds. Lars is dead, and besides Maurice, myself, and two Sods, I have no idea what the rest of Team D or the reinforcements from Team G look like. We didn't get a single shot off against the UWM forces, unfortunately. We're both injured pretty badly, so if you could send someone to come pick us up, that'd be nice. We ended up in the tunnel underneath the bunker."

Take command! If that means anything, anymore. Unless the support Sod or Maurice have something better, have the support Sod or preferably Maurice himself cauterize my wounds with Lars' booze and self-lighting bluesmokes. Have the grenadier Sod dig Lars' corpse out.

The Vat grown soldier digs lars free and throws him over his shoulder, waiting for further orders.
Dubley Steptimus -Team D(ead) Corpse
Play dead.
You've very good at this.

TEAM E

Thaddeus Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt-Remains of Bunker 6

Holy shit, that was close. Lets not do that again.

Radio to Miyamoto: Gotcha big boss, trailing western group. So, uh, any suggestions for stalling them? I got a laser rifle and a microwave amp

Leave remains of bunker 6, trail behind the western group. Try and take pot shots at sods with laser rifle to stall them. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FULLY ENGAGE THEM. Stay well behind the group, but close enough to report on their positions.
[Dex:5]
[con:4+1]
Pretty good.

Denzel-Team E Leader, damaged.

"Team, take cover and don't die. Sods, shoot only if it's needed to finish the enemy and won't draw undue attention to us. Now pardon me while I try to move like this."

Get to a position where I can fire at the UWM forces, resting my rifle on the rubble for stability, and should the others not finish the enemy forces, open fire with my laser, targeting exosuits first if possible.
[con:6]

Desperate times...

You press the button on your suit. Anyone around you sees you suddenly stop moving and your body is covered by some sort black shell. You, on the other hand, are effectively frozen in time for the moment.

TEAM F

Auron, team F.

Defect to the UWM, because fuck these assholes constantly firing artillery at me.

Use lazy man loot gain powers, aka use my manipulator to warm the melee battlesuit pilots brain by 10 or 20 degrees to put him in a coma.

Also grab lermans gear+head and any dropped friendly sod weapons, especially grenades.

[Uncon:4+1]

Xan - Team F - Really really pissed off - Temporary team F Leader

Xan, enraged by the threats to his person, bellows down the comm channels.

TURN OFF THE ARTILLERY CANNONS YOU DEGRADING SACKS OF SHIT OR I'LL TEAR YOUR EYES OUT! EVIDENTLY YOU DON'T USE THEM OR YOU'D NOT HAVE HIT THE BUNKER I WAS IN NOT ONCE, BUT FUCKING TWICE! ONE MORE AND I WILL COME AFTER YOU AND DISASSEMBLE YOU INTO YOUR COMPONENT PARTS!

He then lets loose an actual deep throated roar.

Boil the battlesuit pilot in his suit with my microwave amp.
[exo 6+2]
Ok, you're on fire now. You're literally on fire. Because this happened last time and I didn't do anything because I figured the turn had enough death, but now you're on fire. And fire is bad for you, mr.The Thing. You're losing biomass very quickly.

Team Fatally Bombarded by Artillery Shells
Dominika roars in rage at almost dying two times in a row, takes out her gun, and begins to shoot like mad.
"Fuck you, fuck you, not dying, NOT DYING, FUCK YOU!"
Fire at those non-battlesuit-y sods.
"I'm up, fuck!"
[con:6]
South going a bit overkill here.

Team F
It was something he had done what felt like a million times before. Sure, he had never had equipment like stealth painted armor, but still. The enemy was way over there, he was way over here. They were running around, he was stationary. It felt safe.

What I do here, in the HRMC, or whatever we call ourselves now, isn't really different from back home, or from when I worked.

Try to get up to a higher position. From there, scope up and look west, rifle set to very little dispersion and average power. Try and take out unarmored sods first by swinging the rifle's beam across their formation.

Quote from: Thomas to Team F over Radio
Yes, I am a sniper. I'll switch over to targeting the western forces.
Firing west eh?
[con:6+2]
Heh.

TEAM G

Lyra, Team G

Lyra continues to stay next to Faith.

Wait a moment for the rest to attack the high-priority targets (battlesuits and exosuits) and melt the center of mass for any that weren't taken down by someone else. If all the high-priority targets are taken down, then make a wide, thin, knee-high horizontal blade of heat through the remaining unarmored sod formation. Reminder that I took the time to prep for my amp's use already.
((I hate having to do this, but um, you missed me, and I was in the same bunker as Faith. Was I hit?))
Um. Lets trade your not firing that turn for you not having to do End rolls to prevent death.

Team G

((I think the artillery is doing more harm then good. Probably has to do with the fact that they get no bonus.

Also, technically, my post indicated I was out of the bunker, flying.))

Get out of the rubble. Use mining laser if it can help. If I get out of the rubble in time, shoot at enemies with mining laser and yellow mode.

If the enemies are taken care of, dig people out of the rubble and get them to the Infirmary. Then repair, refuel and rearm as much as possible and recharge my mining laser.

Near the bunker then. Still got hit. Everything gets hit. EVERYTHING!

But we'll say you're not in rubble, because that was a mistake.

[Con:2+2]
Team G

Jim uses his Manipulation Amp to lift the chunk of rubble off of Milno and chuck it into the midst of the incoming enemy forces, preferably at a battlesuit if one is visible.

[Exo:6+doesn't matter, decomp'd]

Team G "God Damn It" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Entombed In Concrete

After being thrown around and buried alive under concrete, Milno can almost hear the cracking and hissing of his suit as it is damaged and handles the stress. After so many missions with his suit, he's already grown to appreciate how much it has saved his ass already. Friendly fire, one of the HMRC's finest traditions, now elevated to full-blown military level.

Command Channel plus Teams D & G: "Unless the enemy has some hidden artillery or on the off chance they have taken control of ours, stop firing these mortars at us right now. We just got destroyed West by a shell and it seems the other side wasn't hit as badly as we were. I can still fight but there's a huge concrete slab keeping me pinned. Situation's pretty much shit right now."

"Old fart, report."

"Faith and Lyra, come West as soon as you make sure there's no enemy left standing South."

"Anton, keep up with the fire support."

"Jim, I can still fight, but only get this thing off me in case it wouldn't get you shot to space and back or overheat your noggin. Otherwise, just stand your ground and do what you do best; thin their numbers and stay alive."

Damage check for rocket pods and the suit.

In case Milno's still entombed: in case it's possible and necessary, try to shift positions in such a way as to minimize damage to both body and suit and protect Milno in case one of the enemies decides to point a gun under the slab and fire at him.

In case Milno's freed: help friendlies through the path less likely to get Milno killed whilst firing at the enemies.

Suit is fine. Had Good luck on that roll, honestly.

[Con:5+1]

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer/pilot

"Что за на..what the heck is that artillery doing?

General Milno, this is Anton. I'm using my linkup to ship controls to direct some support your way. Tweedledee heads to support South, the Party Wagon and Tweedledum will move in to mop up the mess here and provide transport for the dead and injured. Alert any surviving medics that Tweedledum will now be our mobile hospital. Try to stall the attackers before they reach any tall structures so the ships are free to use their weapons.
"

Start up Tweedledee and direct it South to take out the remaining enemies and airlift any wounded or dead troops.
Start up Tweedledum and direct it to the West bunkers to act as a medical transport, shooting at any sods along the way.
Start up the Party Wagon and have it strafe the West group of invaders with all non-missile weapons.
Continue firing the Southern Cross's laser cannons at the West group of invaders.

((Did my attacking the Western group even make a dent in them last turn? You didn't include that in the list of what hit them.))

Yeah, gonna say that's good enough for me.
Team G Cassowary, Faith, Remains of Bunker 4

Roast the pilot of the crippled battlesuit.
[Uncon:5+1]
Maaaaan Auron is gonna be pissed you killed that guy.

Alright. You guys did it. South troops were barely there so they're uber dead. And the combination of jim and miya and a freaking spaceship and such was enough to take out the westward moving troops fairly well, without having to bog you down in numbers.

You've got maybe 15 in game minutes before bad shit round 2. Not enough time to get people revived or anything, but enough time to regroup, get the too injured and dead off the battlefield and back to the ship and get ready. And I'm just gonna tell ya, round two isn't going to be round 1 again. It's gonna be different. Probably painfully so.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 05, 2014, 02:19:01 pm »

((Well, I mostly didn't try to shoot because I shouldn't have been able to, given the one minute cooldown on the HEP. But hey, whatever floats your boat.))

Stacy, Team B Platypus

Do this now! Steal! Also steal whatever other guns still work and can be found unattended in the area. Maybe that one minute cooldown is a bit inconvenient, you know?

Once at least 5 minutes are spent stealing, deliver Steve's head to the Paracelsus' Sword for stasis storage/revival/stuffing and mounting. Rush all quick-like.

Trade any loot I find in the Armory for tokens - if I have three, get a Microwave Field Manipulator. If not, sell Steve's possibly unused Emergency Kit to pay for it. It is time to challenge the curse once more!

Stacy feels eager to try the manipulator - after all, even when things went disastrously wrong, he usually did slay at least some enemies in the process! And in a war, was it not most important to inflict maximum casualties on both sides so nobody feels like fighting anymore?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:10:59 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 05, 2014, 02:23:26 pm »

"I'm alive. But ThunderTron is damaged. I have to pull back." Jack reports over radio direct to miyamoto.

Pull back to nearest intact defences.
Action changed.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:33:09 pm by Tavik Toth »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:36 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G

((Thanks PW.))

Repair as much as possible. Refuel and recharge my mining laser's battery as much as possible.

Requesting description of what yellow mod does since I used it the previous turn.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:52:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2014, 02:34:24 pm »

Team H - "Lemmings" : Marcius

Leve the main bunker and radio that I'm signing up for Team G, since we need more people.

Scavenge gauss rifle special ammo and grenades from a couple of Sods.

((Basically I'm getting tired of waiting. And this seems like a good time to join in.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 05, 2014, 02:45:03 pm »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team Everything's in ruins "Aye-Aye" Team D "Marabou"

"What."

Get unstuck from time. Help with whatever cleanup and corpse-gathering is necessary, possible, and/or ordered. Then take my place with my new team.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:11:18 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »

"Okay. Okay. So, back to the ship. Or the base, or whatever. Angel, didn't notice you there. I don't know where Dubley is. Might be buried, might be topside. Either way, probably dead. You're the last able-bodied man here, you lucky bastard. Miyamoto wants you to help the wounded. I'll let you know where you're supposed to be for the next wave if Miyamoto doesn't tell you directly."

How bad is my leg? Will it still support my weight, or am I effectively a one-legged, one-armed man?
If I can't walk on my own, lean on the grenadier Sod. Either way, get back to the ship's infirmary. Or the base's infirmary, if it has one and we can't make it back to the Sword safely. The support Sod will carry Maurice.

"Miyamoto, sir. Update on Team D; Maurice and I have been stabilized and we're heading to the infirmary. Angel's here, too, and he looks fine. Where should I send him?"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:37:11 pm by swordsmith04 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 05, 2014, 02:55:38 pm »

Team C, Skylar, Support

Recover the dead and wounded in the west. Once they're all back in the Sword, help fix the least wounded.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2014, 03:00:40 pm »

Quote from: my pm to PW
Before I go reorganising people, a quick question: the Doc is defending the Sword, right? About how far does that go? Only enemies that get up close, I think? So if a howitzer battlesuit shows up again, we still need to take it out ourselves? Or would he run out to punch it in the face?

Mostly cause I'll need to think about how far west to put our men now that the bunkers are gone, and if we'll need to defend the Sword's cradle.
Quote from: PW response
Basically the sword itself and maybe 30 feet out in any direction from the surface of the ship's hull. So basically just the ship.
just gonna quote these here for convenience.

"Ok then, we've finally got a breather for now. Anyone with a working MkIII, get those wounded and dead over to the Sword. Medics stay here and tend to our still standing wounded. Don't forget to check on injured sods. Other people help with this, or try to get some barricades up if you're too far away.  You guys will need some cover now that the bunkers are gone. Anyone wounded or damaged should try to stabilize himself, we have enough medics around here for that. Don't go to the Sword if it's minor, they'll be swarmed already as-is."

((Basically I'm getting tired of waiting. And this seems like a good time to join in.))
Finally. I asked you like a bazillion times you know. Anyways, you ain't joining team G, but another one. Check wiki in a minute.

"I'm alive. But ThunderTron is damaged. I have to pull back." Jack reports over radio direct to miyamoto.
"Weren't you listening before? Don't report directly to me, report to your squad commander and he'll talk to me if it's important. I've got enough stuff to worry about already, I can't micromanage everybody.

Anyways, happy to know you're alive, but don't pull back yet. You either get that thing in working order fast (aka before next wave starts), or you abandon it and continue on foot. That whole project has been a waste of resources up till now, I won't allow it to further drain us of manpower. We don't have a whole lot of time before they try again though, so you better work fast."

"Miyamoto, sir. Update on Team D; Maurice and I have been stabilized and we're heading to the infirmary. Angel's here, too, and he looks fine. Where should I send him?"
"I'll have to reorganize the squads to ensure they don't fall understrength, so just tell him to sit tight and help with evacuating the wounded."

Sniper 1 heading west along with you to engage incoming forces
They do extremely poorly.
Sniper 2 is also a failure it seems.
Goddamn Worf effect. Sods seemed much more potent when we were fighting them the first time.

((Working on updating teams. also, could the various team leaders please let me know how many sods they have left in their squads? Thanks.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 109