Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207811 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2014, 01:15:19 am »

((I am assuming Anton is at or near the shipyard, then. It was sort of implied by my past actions, although I was never terribly sure of exactly where all our ships were.))

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer

"Hello there, inbound hostiles. Milno, Jim, we have Sods moving into the shipyard. Looks like a standard squad with single battlesuit support. Advise getting someone multi-armed and dangerous here to handle it. In retrospect, we really should have invested in fences and perimeter alerts."

If Sod group is out of immediate engagement range, take cover behind the nearest projectile-resistant object, and use a mapping drone to observe the group's movements.

If in range, take cover and fly a mapping drone around the group, causing a distraction to stall them. Crank the power knob on the Gungnir's Tesla Saber to maximum. Remain hidden until backup arrives. If backup arrives and engages, use that distraction to sneak-attack-lightning-bolt the Battlesuit.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:36:55 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2014, 01:34:11 am »

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Assisting Team E

"Get some people to deal with the sods moving into the shipyard, don't let them damage our ships. Next to that, send one or two people to bunker 2. Pick who you want, maybe Feyri and Lyra would do? Oh, and I assume you're already getting adequate help to E team?"

"Yep."

To Team G: "Jim and Feyri, the hostiles at the shipyard are yours. Faith and Lyra, I want you both heading to Bunker Two. Anton, just hold your position for now and beat feet in case shit happens."

Assist Flint and Team E by taking care of sods as needed with Glove-Gauss shots.

In case any battlesuit still remains then activate the EMM and fly in an erratic towards them until getting to short-range. Fire at the suit's leg joints with the glove gauss' overcharge mode to disable them.

Activate the EMM to dodge as needed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:36:51 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2014, 02:34:58 am »

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"Allright, good going everyone, seems like we got them all in one fell swoop. Good job."

"Our pleasure, Sir Pancaek!"

Allow that wonderful HEP a short bit of recharge time. A minute, right? Stay in cover!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2014, 03:40:19 am »

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Assisting Team E

"Get some people to deal with the sods moving into the shipyard, don't let them damage our ships. Next to that, send one or two people to bunker 2. Pick who you want, maybe Feyri and Lyra would do? Oh, and I assume you're already getting adequate help to E team?"

"Yep."

To Team G: "Jim and Feyri, the hostiles at the shipyard are yours. Faith and Lyra, I want you both heading to Bunker Two. Anton, just hold your position for now and beat feet in case shit happens."

Assist Flint and Team E by taking care of sods as needed with Glove-Gauss shots.

((Reserve team: remember that everybody in that team has gotten MkIII-like rocket packs for this mission. Don't forget to use them!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2014, 07:22:44 am »

Lyra, Team G

Nod once, then get clear of Jim so I don't backblast him with my rocket pack and Fly to Bunker 2, use my amp to shield myself and anyone coming with me if we come under fire. don't kill myself with the anomaly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2014, 07:34:52 am »

((D:  Sorry guys, I didn't realize dynamic bonuses were nerfed.  When did that happen, anyways?  I wouldn't have done that if I weren't nearly guaranteed a five...))

Saint turned to Pancaek, but didn't raise his faceplate.  He waited for Pancaek to finish speaking, then replied- with more venom than was strictly necessary "I'm sorry, somehow I never heard the order to not fuck with anything, despite the fact I made it damn clear what I was doing before I did it.  In fact, the only order I've received is 'stay in cover and watch for hostiles', which is what I'm doing.

Anyways, I made sure the HUD was easy to disable, just in case.  But you're right, in the future I'll make sure to test everything before deploying it, even if it risks people getting shot.  It's better if an enemy causes a teammate's death, rather than me, right?"

Pancaek, huddles underneath the firing slit and looking outside with his finger cam, speaks up without looking directly at Steve. Ignoring the tone the greenhorn took with him, he answered in a bit of sing-song voice.

"That's funny, I don't remember modifying HUD's was necessary to take a look around, but I haven't had eyes for a while now, so what do I know. Still, it's good that you understand what I'm saying, good teamwork is the only way we'll get out of this in one piece. And you're absolutely right, it would be rather bad if you caused the death of teammate. That would fall under insubordination, and we all know the punishment for inssubordination~"

((Yeah, don't worry about it, it's not a big deal. And if I remember correctly, PW said he'd stop allowing dynamic bonus stacking after the fleshpit team was done with their thing.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2014, 07:45:39 am »

((Probably should of waited for you to post first, sorry about that Doom))
((You're fine. Denzel isn't a dictator or anything.

Yet.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2014, 08:26:24 am »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

1-foot sphere of heat on the battlesuit to the right. Center it on the cockpit.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2014, 08:46:18 am »

Can I at least get my arm?

"We're coming back, Brother, so grab it later."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2014, 10:47:11 am »

Team G

Jim heads to the shipyard to find cover there and then take care of the enemy sods at the shipyard, preferably by using his microwave amp to heat a tiny spot in each one's brain.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:31:34 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2014, 12:52:16 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint - Southern Bunker

Saint gave a long sigh before replying- his voice notably emptied of venom and sounding far more sincere.  "Actually, that's what the HUD was trying to do.  Highlight enemies.  I just messed up the detection bit somehow so it detected all the dust as an enemy- leading to the epileptic lightshow.

But you're right, it was outside the bounds of my orders and a bad idea during a firefight.   I just hate sitting here being useless while you guys are being shot at.  It won't happen again."

((Saint wants Pancaek dead so much.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2014, 01:30:47 pm »

Team G Cassowary, Faith

"Understood."

Follow Lyra to Bunker 2. Freerun it if I can keep up with her on the ground, but use the rockets if they're that much faster or to leap any major obstacles.

((Reserve team: remember that everybody in that team has gotten MkIII-like rocket packs for this mission. Don't forget to use them!))
((Ooh, neat. Thanks.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2014, 01:46:41 pm »

But you're right, it was outside the bounds of my orders and a bad idea during a firefight.   I just hate sitting here being useless while you guys are being shot at.  It won't happen again."[/glow]

((Saint wants Pancaek dead so much.))
"Good man. The whole feeling useless thing is quite normal for your first mission, every one of us gets it. Not having a weapon doesn't really help either. But your job is being team medic right now. So best case scenario is that you won't have to even lift a finger and still get a nice paycheck at the end of this. Fat chance of that happening though, this is just wave one"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2014, 03:21:09 pm »

((Modified my post))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2014, 05:16:54 pm »

TEAM A
Team A; "Ostrich" - Charles, Team A Second-in-Command - Hephaestus HQ Chokepoint 2

Charles then examines where the hostiles would likely end up funneling through and plans out a firing sequence for his arm cannon whilst still keeping concealed.[Charge CON Dynamic for a different action if the other dynamic does not get overwritten.]

Spoiler: Charles Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
I really only want to do one bonus at a time too. Yeah, Dynamic bonuses are getting nerfed.

TEAM B

Pancaek - team B - Bunker B

"Allright, good going everyone, seems like we got them all in one fell swoop. Good job."

He turns towards Steve, faceplate blank as always.

"Except for you, Mister Saint. What the frak are you doing, frakking with our HUDs in the middle of a firefight? And what's with the command shouting, huh? Now, I'll overlook the HUD thing, because Algis remembers I still remember the cat screen-saver from when I tried messing with mine, but tone it down a bit back there and just keep following orders, would you? I fully intend for all of us to get through this alive. And don't worry, I've been doing this amp thing for some time now, so while your advice is appreciated, it's not vital.

Now, hustle up, seems like we've got contact east."

"How diplomatic. What, you suddenly grow a heart?"
"Shut it, just gotta keep everyone in line so we can get out of here alive."

Shuffle over to the slits on the east side of the bunker, keep looking with just the fingertip to minimize silhouette. Target the exoskeleton sods first, especially ones with cutting lasers. Heat one foot spheres by 150 degrees in their center mass.

Well, you can't really see the guys assaulting Team F from here, at least not in any way that would let you specifically target individuals. About the best you can see, from this distance and with the dust and smoke, are vague shapes moving toward where you know the bunker is. Attempting to use an amp or manip in these conditions would cause penalties.

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint - Southern Bunker

((D:  Sorry guys, I didn't realize dynamic bonuses were nerfed.  When did that happen, anyways?  I wouldn't have done that if I weren't nearly guaranteed a five...))

Saint turned to Pancaek, but didn't raise his faceplate.  He waited for Pancaek to finish speaking, then replied- with more venom than was strictly necessary "I'm sorry, somehow I never heard the order to not fuck with anything, despite the fact I made it damn clear what I was doing before I did it.  In fact, the only order I've received is 'stay in cover and watch for hostiles', which is what I'm doing.

Anyways, I made sure the HUD was easy to disable, just in case.  But you're right, in the future I'll make sure to test everything before deploying it, even if it risks people getting shot.  It's better if an enemy causes a teammate's death, rather than me, right?"

Disable the HUD that's already been uploaded, so that my team can use their faceplates.  Charge a dynamic bonus to fix it.  Also watch for hostiles using the bunker's external cameras.

[aux:1+1]
Nope. Everything is broken. Everything is broken forever. Nothing will ever be good again. Soiled it. YOU'VE SOILED IT! Luckily nothing is really going on for your team right now.

Jack Catar-Team B
Whoa I don't think the HUD was supposed to do that.
Raise faceplate until the HUD is fixed.  If enemies are in range fire upon them.

Nothing in sight yet. Yet.

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"Our pleasure, Sir Pancaek!"

Allow that wonderful HEP a short bit of recharge time. A minute, right? Stay in cover!

Yep. One minute worth of recharge.

TEAM C

Note: I updated map on the wiki to indicate where enemy is coming from, and a guesstimate on their strength.
I kinda suck at this though, so would anyone care to take this task of of me for the future? Just downloading the image, opening in paint and modifying it and then re-uploading to wiki (and maybe posting it here).

(steve can fire but keep in mind theres a reload time)
Kay then, will you tell us when they are reloaded?

Miya con:1+1..I feel like you should have more bonuses but I don't see any...
Actually, Miya should've gotten another +1
1 from roll + 1 from Avatar + 1 from dynamic bonus previous turn. So uh, shall we say the remaining three sods are dead after all, or can I reuse that dynamic bonus?

Miyamoto, Team C leader, shooting sods.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Miya will finish off final sods with naginata, then move forward a bit to get a better visual on the incoming MkIII sods (stay within firing distance from the bunker). Plan is to let him distract MkIII sods so snipers and team C can pick them of.

Let regular sods in bunker 1 (team C) and sniper sods in the tower finish of the enemy at bunker 1.
Sniper sods in tower engage MkIII sods as soon as those are in range. Let them use special ammo if that could help
The sod team in bunker 2 starts shooting either the sods coming from the east, or the MkIII sods coming from the north, whichever they can target.
Mobile artillery near team D start shooting the sods that are slipping by them.
Mobile artillery near team B start shooting the sods that are assaulting team F.
Final two mobile artillery shoots at enemies near team E.
Heavy artillery reloads.
Laser battery defenses engage the sods moving toward the shipyard.
Send Party Wagon on strafing run against sods coming from the East. Lest the ship fly fast and high, so they can't target it.

He then contacts several team leads:
Team D
"There are sods slipping by you according to the feed from the drones. Deal with them."
Team G
Team A
"Be advised, there are hostiles coming in your direction, they might find our bunker. Not sure yet where exactly they will end up."
Sean (or Steve)
"Send Party wagon over to hostiles moving in from the east. Make sure it doesn't fly to low so it can be shot at, just a quick strafing should hold them up for a little while."

((Gonna hold off on using the Steve bots just yet. They'll be hunting drop ships for us at the moment I think, so let's just let them do what they're good at.))

[uncon:6+1+1 Decomp I know.]

Sniper sods in place, ready to engage when flyers come in range.

The Units of Bunker two are fighting.

The Mobile artillery unit fires at the enemy combatants headed into the shipyard but fails to hit them.

Mobile artillery unit 2 fires at the units moving toward team F. Oh dear. Blue on blue.

The other two target the forces near E team. First round looks good, second is only glancing.

Heavy artillery has been reloading since the first firing. It will be ready to fire again next turn.

Thats gonna be putting ships and soldiers in danger if you do it, but it can definitely be done. Plus, it will let more dropships in.

Well, someone needs to fly it, so you'd be better off ordering someone specifically to do that.

Team C, Skylar, Support

Assuming Miyamoto doesn't annihilate them, attempt to bake the hostile Sod's heads.

If he does, go see if our support Sod needs further aid / can still be useful.

(( It was nerfed sometime during the last mini-mission, after a couple people spent all week charging +5's :P

It's actually worth noting that in practice, with a normal +1 bonus: a +3 dynamic == perfect: a +2 dynamic == a 1/6th chance of 'neutral success', perfect success otherwise; and a +1 dynamic == 1/6 Overshot, 1/6 neutral, and 4/6 success of some description. Only one of these is really 'balanced' as a mechanic))

Miyamoto charges out of the bunker, smashing through the hole the attacking sods made. He swings his Monorazor Naginata around in a rage, cleaving the sods into pieces with inelegant but brutally powerful baseball bat swings that send their severed pieces flying dozens of meters away.  He's in the middle of Walking toward the north when something detonates out toward the East, though what it is he can't tell; it's hidden behind the aurora.

"Bunker 2 has fallen!" Skylar calls over the radio, and sends him a video file. The file is only 15 seconds long, feed directly from the sod commander of Bunker 2. They seem to be fighting well; the heavy weapons user and grenadiers take out one of the sods in an exosuit. At the last few seconds, the other sod in an exosuit-who appears to have been badly injured and is missing much of the left side of his stomach- drops his cutting laser and charges the bunker.  The footage cuts as he charges in close.

"We're not getting any readings from any of the sods or the bunker itself." He says, before running back into the bunker and checking on the support sod, who has already got his arm patched up and is standing at attention.

TEAM D

Dubley - Team D

Pick up my arm. Try to reconnect all the wires then duct tape it in place. Duct tape the civic defenders's sleeve back in place too.

Loot the dead teammate sods.
-1 rocket launcher (with 2 frag, 2 shaped charge, and 2 homing rockets),
-1 gauss rifle (with 10 ordinary shots, 1 redshot, one AP),
-1 hand laser,
-2 frag grenades, 2 smoke grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 
-2 metal batons

If any teammates ask for supplies or rudely grab it out of my hand then give it to them.

Cry a single tear for the loot left behind. Then follow Lars. Hopefully with my arm reattached.

[Aux:3+1]

You pick up your arm and sort of half jam, half duct tape it on. It...sorta works?

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Inside Bunker Five

Follow Lars out of the door, after the group that split off. If we catch sight of them, fire Gauss rifle at one of the Sods (unless there's a battlesuit or exosuit Sod in the group, in which case use the 30cm frozen sphere on the cockpit/head like last time).

Following Sods!

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

Lars acknowledges the order from Miyamoto.  "Brothers, leave the gear here- we move out NOW after those split-off Sods.  Go with Vo-nos's speed!  May Ingram guide your fire!"

Move out after those Sods!  Shoot them down.  Slap any teammates that try to loot away and toward the fight.  Bring the Sods too- shoot down any targets in range.

Lars, gung-ho as ever, Grabs his men and abandons the bunker, charging eastward toward the Ship/scrap yard. Team D makes it over to the edge of the scrapyard and manages to remain unseen as they sneak among the piles of wreckage and destroyed ships. Eventually, they manage to catch sight of the attacking sods. It's a group of roughly a dozen, mostly normal with two in exo suits and one in a battle suit. They're moving through the repaired ships in the shipyard, attaching what look to be explosives to them.

The team holds their fire for the moment, since shooting here could damage the ships with stray shots, and because the cover here in the shipyard is rather flimsy, compared to foot thick supercrete.

TEAM E

Flint Westwood - Helping Team E - Team G

TL;DR: Shoot enemies near E. Shoot other important enemies if E doesn't need help.

Fire a sweep of Red from maximum safe distance (to give myself time to recharge). Try to get both battlesuits and as many enemies as possible. The battlesuit with the most dangerous ranged attack is the priority (again, to give me time to recharge). Hope I don't overshoot.

If it would take a really long time for me to be able to move again after firing the Red (wasn't very clear on how long the recharge time was), shoot the most dangerous looking with a powerful Violet and then the other one if I have enough energy left.

If they kill the battlesuits before I'm needed, find another target to shoot with appropriate mode (Red for groups of heavy targets, (Violet or Green or Blue or Yellow as appropriate) + Mining Laser for other targets). Doesn't have to be near E team. Just check to see if there are any places that have been left unprotected/flanked and I could help by going there and shooting stuff and do that.

[Con:4+2]
Oh no. Well, lets see HOW bad this is...Ok, not that bad.

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

((Well shit. This sucks))

Use Amp on right battlesuit. Create a 1 meter sphere at 300 degrees C, centered on the cockpit of the battlesuit.

((edited action))

[exo:3]

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Thaddeus, Gorat, I want you guys to target the battlesuit on the right in turn with your amps. Me and the heavy trooper will go after the other one. Teal, Dern, shoot the others, sods, join in."

Target the battlesuit on the left using my manipulator with a 10 cm sphere of 300 degree C heat on the pilot, and order the heavy trooper to target the left battlesuit with a shaped charge should I fail. The other sods are to open fire on the other sods, with the support trooper hanging out of the way to help potential casualties.

Spoiler: Cheat Sheet (click to show/hide)
[Uncon:1+1] Crap
[Sod roll:6]

"Yep."

In case any battlesuit still remains then activate the EMM and fly in an erratic towards them until getting to short-range. Fire at the suit's leg joints with the glove gauss' overcharge mode to disable them.

Activate the EMM to dodge as needed.

[Con:4+1]

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

1-foot sphere of heat on the battlesuit to the right. Center it on the cockpit.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

[exo:5+1]

Flint's rifle sends a whip of superheated plasma with the density of molten lead lashing out across the advancing troops. The battle suit's take it like men walking through chest deep waves on the beach, struggling onward, their metal and armor glowing cherry red as they do. But the unarmored sods, All of them, just sort of cease to exist, vanishing into the light and leaving nothing behind.

Thaddeus and Denzel do their best to bring the incoming Battlesuits down with their mental prowess, but neither can manage to do any more then mildly warm them.

The sods open fire, and the heavy weapons user manages to hurl a shaped charge out of the firing slit like a frizbee, detonating it as it flies past the left battle suit's leg. The explosion raises a great cloud of dust and deafens everyone in the bunker, but manages to cripple the Battle suit's legs.

Gorat encases the entire right battlesuit in a sphere of extreme heat, boiling its pilot for the inside, But the exaggerated effort leaves him tired and dazed.

The remaining battlesuit attempts to raise it's weapon arm, but milno, burning down from the top of the sword in a trail of exhaust and flame, puts several rocket propelled gauss rounds straight into the battlesuit's elbow and shoulder joints. The limb is smashed to the side and drops, too damaged to remain functional.

TEAM F

Xan - Team F

Use my Mass Manipulator Amp to twist the gauss cannon Sod's head 720 degrees, hopefully popping his head off.

Sods! Concentrate fire on the Sods equipped with exoskeletons! Once both of them are dead, focus fire on the rest of them!

Team F

((Ah. That'll teach me to say '1/8kt', instead of 'satchel charge'. But it's pretty darn cool that I had a satchel charge on me.))

Keep in cover, shoot whatever comes closest.
[standing action] = If a battlesuit treads close enough to the satchel charge for a damaging/disabling strike, blow it.

TEAM F
Shoot unarmored hostiles if on ass, unless Xan duffs up in which case shoot the unarmoured Sods.

Auron, team F.

Use precharged brain power to heat the laser exosuits pilots brain by a few degrees. (Enough to cause brain damage and induce a coma but not enough to kill him.)

((Id like to ask that nobody on team F attempt to purposely kill the exosuit pilots and merely cripple them instead. Piecewise has stated that i can attempt to bypass the lifelocks on their gear and id like to try my hand at it.))

Before this happens, I want you to know the chances of this happening were 1/36. 3% or so.

Morul end:2
Xan end:6+1
Auron End:6+1
Lerman End:5
Sod end: 4, 1,2,4,1

You guys are damn lucky.

An artillery shell, size of a water heater and fired by one of the mobile artillery units, misses its target- the advancing sods- and instead strikes the bunker straight down through the roof. There is no time to react, not time to even process what is happening before it's already over. One moment nothing, then a brief noise, then nothing again. Xan, Auron and Lerman, along with the commander sod, and one of the grenadiers, are blown back and down, out of the bunker and down the short shaft that leads to the underground tunnels linking the bunkers. They are, beyond minor injuries, unhurt.

Morul, and the other three sods are crushed as the massive shell collapses the bunker into a concave crater filled with supercrete debris.

[Morul is dead but can be revived, if only just barely. His body is buried in the rubble.]

Team G

Lyra, Team G

Nod once, then get clear of Jim so I don't backblast him with my rocket pack and Fly to Bunker 2, use my amp to shield myself and anyone coming with me if we come under fire. don't kill myself with the anomaly.

Considering what happened to bunker 2, I don't think you'd want to be able to make it out there in time, even if you could have.

Team G

Jim heads to the shipyard to find cover there and then take care of the enemy sods at the shipyard, preferably by using his microwave amp to heat a tiny spot in each one's brain.

Gonna say you joined up with Anton. He could use some higher firepower.

Team G Cassowary, Faith

"Understood."

Follow Lyra to Bunker 2. Freerun it if I can keep up with her on the ground, but use the rockets if they're that much faster or to leap any major obstacles.

((Ooh, neat. Thanks.))
I'll assume that, rather then bunker 2 (now Crater #58) You and lyra ran to the above ground portion of the headquarters.

((I am assuming Anton is at or near the shipyard, then. It was sort of implied by my past actions, although I was never terribly sure of exactly where all our ships were.))

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer

"Hello there, inbound hostiles. Milno, Jim, we have Sods moving into the shipyard. Looks like a standard squad with single battlesuit support. Advise getting someone multi-armed and dangerous here to handle it. In retrospect, we really should have invested in fences and perimeter alerts."

If Sod group is out of immediate engagement range, take cover behind the nearest projectile-resistant object, and use a mapping drone to observe the group's movements.

If in range, take cover and fly a mapping drone around the group, causing a distraction to stall them. Crank the power knob on the Gungnir's Tesla Saber to maximum. Remain hidden until backup arrives. If backup arrives and engages, use that distraction to sneak-attack-lightning-bolt the Battlesuit.

We'll assume that you and Jim are sneaking around on the opposite side of the group that Lars' and his soldiers see. You're both hidden and can observe the enemy from here.

>Flying troops incoming from the North.
>Another group of soldiers is advancing from the west, headed fro the ground between bunkers 5 and 6.
>The sods that were enroute to Team F's bunker are now moving toward the Aurora or the laser battery/artillery. Steve bots will protect the guns.
>The orbiting ship has stopped releasing dropships. Estimated 3 to 5 more will make it to land before this force has been wiped out.
>Heavy Artillery cannons are ready to fire.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 109