Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 208019 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2014, 02:20:00 pm »

TEAM EH

TEAM A
ready for enemy assault

You clench your buttocks

TEAM BEEEEEEEEEEEES

Team B

"Rodger that."

Engage enemies coming from the south along with teammates.
Stacy, Team B Platypus

"And I say, 'oh no, sir, I must say you're wrong...~
I must disagree, oh no, sir, I must say you're wrong...~
Oh, won't you listen to me?'~"

Forces seem to coming from places. Can I see any from here? At any rate, do as Lord Pancaek directs.
Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint - Bunker 4 (southern one)

((...Thanks for that.))

"I've fixed the HUD.  No more epileptic lightshow, so you all can turn it back on safely."

Charge a dynamic AUX bonus while staying in cover.  Wonder if my HUD needs me to roll AUX to be useful, or if it's automated like I intended.  Wonder if it even has an actual effect.
It might have an effect. Depends on the effect you want it to have. Charging bonus regardless.

((goddamnit, I've had 504 and maintance mode all day. couldn't on the forum to post my action up untill now.))

Pancaek - Team B - Bunker 4

"Allright men, looks like they're making another push. General De Bergerac has given us and Xan's team the responsibility to stop the invaders from the south. So, you know....look south and fuck up some sods for me."

Staying down while looking outside with fingercam, Move to the south side of the bunker. Attack enemies that are in range so I don't get a penalty. Heat 1 foot spheres by 150 degrees in their center mass. Attack the most armored/best armed enemies first.
Jack Catar-Team B
"Simple enough."
Lower faceplate, mess up some enemy sods.

Team b prepares itself for the coming attack in various ways, mainly by just being ready and willing to shoot. For exactly what they're gonna be shooting at, we'll wait till the end of the post to reveal that. Hopefully the dice will be kind.

TEAM SEA CUCUMBER

Miyamoto, Team C leader.

Miyamoto will cool down that orb of heat skylar created with his manip. Just neutralize it. After that, move forward a bit to get a visual on that last group coming from the north, try to determine where exactly the are coming from and what they have.

Sniper team 1 (at bunker 1, supporting team C) stays there, shoots enemies coming from the north once those are in range.
Sniper team 2 stays available to team G.
1 Heavy artillery gun fires at the enemies coming from the south.
All of the mobile artillery that can fire (only 2 I think, others shot last turn so they'll be reloading) shoots at newest batch of enemies coming from the west.

"Team B and team F, take care of the enemies coming from the south. Pancaek, I'm counting on you to get that done, coordinate with Xan as good as you can.

Team D, get back to your bunker. Teams D and E, there more enemies coming at you from the west, don't let them slip between you.

Team G, help out with the enemies coming from south and west, team C can hold the northern part. Divide your forces as you see fit. Remember to use the 1 sniper team you have available. Oh, and get someone to remove those explosives from our ships."

[uncon:2+1+1]

Attempting to prevent an overshoot effect through sheer force? You'd need a 5 for that to work and unfortunately you didn't get it.

Sniper teams in place.

We'll put that shot downrange toward the south and then we'll wait for the next turn when the enemies are revealed for the smaller cannons. They'll all be ready by then and their hits are instant.
Team C, Skylar, Support

Activate EMM, get away from the bunker.
I need to replace this damn manipulator...
Team C

Run from the hovering throbbing basketball of flaming doom. Also for cover and/or something that looks tactically important.

Skylar flies off, carrying Grate with him while Miyamoto attempts to contain what is quickly revealed to be an explosive, high heat reaction caused by the manipulator. And he almost manages it. But red hot balls are nothing to fuck with.

He manages to neutralize the brunt of the heat in a sphere of dense cold, but a bit bursts free and the envelope ruptures like a water balloon. The blast sends Miya flying and leaves him a bit toasty, but otherwise uninjured.

TEAM DUH

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Scrapyard

(How am I doing on the mind points? Am I getting tired yet?)

Felix grins as the battlesuit freezes up and then seems to melt from the inside, presumably due to being lifelocked. "And that's one less battlesuit. Back to the bunker?"

Back to Bunker Five. Take the Gauss rifle and special ammo the dead grenadier Sod left there.
(You're alright for now. Don't over do it though)
You head back to the bunker with some gear stolen from the dead.

Dubley Steptimus -Team D

That was easy. Battle went so fast I could barely tell what was happening. We should probably take care of those bombs before we head back.
Remove the bombs that the sods were attaching to the ships. Use my pick if necessary. How many are there? How big are they? Any visible activation method?
Hey Lars, can I borrow a sod to safely dispose of these explosives? Or should I just leave them next to the ships.
Also, flex my damaged arm and try to find out what exactly isn't working about it.
Follow Lars back to the bunker. Let the reserve team deal with the explosives.
Back to the bunker you go. As per your arm it's just not as strong as it could be. It lacks structural integrity, what with being held on by duct tape.

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

Lars raises his arms, the exosuit helping exaggerate his movements.  "Praise be to the gods, for we have triumphed over adversity.  Algis be praised for shielding us from harm!  May we continue to sing the praises of Ingram with our bullets!  All glory to Wondrous Steve!"

Felix grins as the battlesuit freezes up and then seems to melt from the inside, presumably due to being lifelocked. "And that's one less battlesuit. Back to the bunker?"
Hey Lars, can I borrow a sod to safely dispose of these explosives? Or should I just leave them next to the ships.
Also, flex my damaged arm and try to find out what exactly isn't working about it.

"We move back to the bunker and hold it- there are hostiles inbound.  I'll have the reserve take care of the explosives."

Lead the team + Sods back to the original bunker (5).  Slap anyone that tries to do anything else.

Lars sent a message to the team leaders, plus Jim.  "Orders acknowledged- returning to bunker.  The ships have explosives on them- someone will need to handle that.  Perhaps General Jim and his Miracles of Steve is best suited for that?  The Sod Grenade trick?"
You herd the nanny goats via the gentle medium of repeated beatings.

Lars raises his arms, the exosuit helping exaggerate his movements.  "Praise be to the gods, for we have triumphed over adversity.  Algis be praised for shielding us from harm!  May we continue to sing the praises of Ingram with our bullets!  All glory to Wondrous Steve!"

"We move back to the bunker and hold it- there are hostiles inbound.  I'll have the reserve take care of the explosives."

Lead the team + Sods back to the original bunker (5).  Slap anyone that tries to do anything else.

Lars sent a message to the team leaders, plus Jim.  "Orders acknowledged- returning to bunker.  The ships have explosives on them- someone will need to handle that.  Perhaps General Jim and his Miracles of Steve is best suited for that?  The Sod Grenade trick?"
((Could have sworn I posted earlier today... apparently either it got lost in the aether somewhere... or I'm going mad... both are definite possiblities))

Angel: Team D

By your command Squad-Commander.
Brothers in Battle, Brothers in Blood.
The Mission Will Succeed.

Follow Lars back to the bunker keeping an eye out for any trouble on the way then take up position and prepare for the next assault

Back to the bunker you go.

Welp, Team Lars heads back to their friendly little bunker and wait to entertain guests.

TEAM CANADIAN EXCLAMATION

Team E

((I missed a few turns))

If it's still pretty clear, gather a team of fellow wait-ees together to exhume, or work towards exhuming Morul
If not, pew-pew boom

eehhhh sure. You have enough time to dig out the half crushed helmet containing morul's head and chop it off his mushed body. You also manage to save his inventory because the forces of the cosmos have decided to be nice.

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Will do, Miya," Denzel says before switching to team messaging. "Okay then guys, we're holding this bunker against the next wave of guys coming at us. Make sure no threats slip between us and bunker D. Weapons hot and keep an eye out, boys."

Order one sod to keep watch on our flanks, and have the rest keep watch at the slit aside from the support trooper. Make sure I'm using the laser. (I have a dynamic bonus for it.)

Sods commanded. Laser dynamic used. Much readying.

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

Sounds good boss

Keep watching for incoming enemies. Charge up an Exo bonus

Charging your...exo.
Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

Scan for more hostiles and shoot them with my laser. If no hostiles come in vision, prepare for a better shot (charge a Con bonus).

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Con charging intensifies.

Team E

Commit sodicide9 on unsuspecting sods.

Sod murder is coming. Please stand by.

TEAM FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Team F
See if I can't blow up a battlesuit sod with the rocket launcher.

Well, we'll have to wait for one to come first.

Auron, team F.

Run to nearest available cover in the path of the next sod wave, attempt to finally use my dynamic bonus to hit the incoming sods with a large disc of heat at head height that will overheat their brains and knock them unconscious but not instantly kill them.

Prioritise affecting battle and exo-suit equipped enemies.

There's not a whole lot of cover outside the bunker...we'll just keep you in there and give you a dynamic bonus.

Xan - Team F

"Team B and team F, take care of the enemies coming from the south. Pancaek, I'm counting on you to get that done, coordinate with Xan as good as you can.
Look south, snap necks of enemies with amp if they're not battle suits. If they are, heat center mass by 300 degrees.

You know, I gave this turn as a "get your shit ready" turn. Hmm Probably should have had steve say you had some time...Oh well.

Team F
Dominika prepares to set the face of the first enemy she sees on fire, getting into a prone position for shooting.
Dynamic bonus I assume.

TEAM し゛

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Heading West

Team G: "Jim, disposing of the bombs with your amps should be easy enough. In case your brain's already overheating, see if the techie in our team is able to disable them."

"Old fart, you come West with me."

"Faith and Lyra, join up with any friendlies around South and destroy the hostiles coming from there."

Deactivate EMM to save fuel. Report from surviving sod sniper team.

Move towards the West with Flint to neutralize the threats coming from that direction. Priority towards battlesuits and exo-suited sods. Battlesuits get overcharged shots to arm joints or any limb carrying a weapon. Re-activate EMM before re-entering combat.

Toward the west eh? Best we've got out there is bunker 5, So I suppose you and Flint will head over there and help out D team.

Team G Cassowary, Faith

"Mm. Not fond of bunkers..."

Get to bunker 4, assess situation there.
Bunker 4 is quiet for this very moment. But it's about to be attacked so...I hope you're ready to fight.

Team G

Use yellow and green mode and mining laser to aid Milno. Use red against heavy targets.

Alrighty. Gun mode switched, ready to engage.

Lyra, Team G

Stick with Faith. again, if we come under fire, shield us.

Sticky Cat continues to stick.

((Can't get thoughts organized for an RP post))

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer

Anton doesn't leave cover until after the explosives have been safely disposed of, then boards the Southern Cross and begins final preflight checks, contacting Jim and Milno as he does so.

"Someone more skilled should take the Party Wagon and provide fire support. I have an idea how to make this here ship useful."

Ah crap. I remember seeing jims post about those bombs...Not quoted though. Dang. Oh well, I remember it so:

[Exo:3+2]
Jim disposes of all the bombs.

And as per the ship...I was informed that they're supposed to be automated, something I don't remember okaying, but I can't say it's impossible that I did. So you can fly it manual or remotely. Your choice.

Alright, lets roll to see whats coming.

The force from the north is the weakest, consisting mostly of sods with a few exosuits scattered among them; in total there are maybe 15, with 3 exosuits, each armed with gauss cannons.

The force from the West is the most powerful: Normal sods are in the minority, out of 12 enemies 3 are battle suits and 5 are exosuits. Two of the battle suits are melee type, while the third isn't a type you've seen before. It's got a pretty freaking massive gun though: gauss maybe, but it looks like he's lugging a howitzer.

The force to the south is lesser then the west, but still strong, 2 battle suits, 3 exo troopers and 5 sods.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2014, 02:33:00 pm »

Team C

...Look around. Determine where Skylar dropped me off, more or less.

Quickly type out message:
Quote from: Grate->Miyamoto
Dear Mistrr M,
What doI do now?
Sincerelyy,
Grate

EDIT:
Attempt to locate nearby sods, ideally ones in exosuits. Locate covered firing position, go there, and open fire.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:00:55 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2014, 02:40:17 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Bunker Five

Felix reactivates his comms and switches to speakers for a second, so Milno and Flint can hear him. "...Fuck. Okay, I've got the melee battlesuit on the left."

Another 60cm Sphere of Cold on the cockpit of one of the Melee Battlesuits!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2014, 02:50:51 pm »

Team G - Defending West

"Death from above!"

Would it be possible to fly high enough over the assaulting force to not attract their attention?

If yes:
Get over the heavy weapon battlesuit and then shut down my thrusters. Glide towards it and activate thrusters on the last second to prevent lethal fall damage while maintaining the element of surprise. Show it what a kinetic punch can do at insane speeds. Then give everyone around me (that is probably still reeling from the shockwave) a taste of green mode and mining laser while retreating. Use kinetic amp punch on anyone who gets close. Try to avoid the melee battlesuits and stay away from them if possible.

If no:
Land and open up on the enemy force with yellow mode and mining laser. Then fire a red beam at the heavy weapon battlesuit. Make sure to keep the red beam on the battlesuit for the entirety of its duration, since last time the battlesuits were able to survive a glancing blow. This time I wanna make it melt. Hope the others can take care of the other battlesuits.

((Let's hope I don't roll a 1...))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:54:03 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2014, 02:55:16 pm »

Team C, Skylar, Support

Boss, I'm going to drop the kid off and then go get something I can actually use. You said you wanted the Party Wagon?

Drop Grate off at Miyamoto

(( PW, by 'remote control', do we me Steve-controlled or 'one of us can remotely control it via the suits'? ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2014, 03:36:10 pm »

Sorry about the lack of update on saturday. My efforts were repelled by 504 errors. Update coming today, probably in a few hours.
Yeah, the forum has been fickle lately. Wonder why...

(( PW, by 'remote control', do we me Steve-controlled or 'one of us can remotely control it via the suits'? ))
It means we give it orders, but then Steve flies the ships and tries to do what we ordered it to. Doesn't require AUX rolls. By the way, I just remembered you have that MkIII. You can borrow Miya's heavy laser for the duration of this mission, if you want. Or the shard launcher if the laser is too heavy.

Anton's not going to be terribly useful on the field either way, I still don't trust his Con rolls, bonus or no.
That's not to say I trust his Aux rolls, however. Really, the guy just has terrible lack on the battlefield.))
Starting this turn he can help with directing our airforce, so don't worry, he can help.

Miyamoto, Team C leader.

Miya will use his manip to send back any gauss cannon rounds coming at him, his teammates or sods. Try to send them back at the one that shot it. He will also try to shoot the exosuit wielders with his shard launcher if possible, but defending with the manip has priority.

Sniper team 1 engages enemies coming from the north once those are in range.
Sods engage enemy when possible, focus on the exo suits. Use grenades if possible to thin out the regular sods.
Artillery will be handled by Pyro/Simus starting this turn.
Ships will be handled by Pyro/Sean and possibly others.

Dear Mistrr M,
What doI do now?
Sincerelyy,
Grate
"Kill those damn sods of course! focus on the exosuits, or just shoot the regular ones with your laser."

Boss, I'm going to drop the kid off and then go get something I can actually use. You said you wanted the Party Wagon?
"We can handle those sods on our own, if you want to command a ship help out team D. Or let someone else take care of the ships and help us kill these ones."

Looking at the forces coming at the other team, and especially team D and E, Miya knew they'd need the reserve more than he did.
"Team G, Miya here. We can handle the forces coming at us, so don't worry about that, but if my video feed is correct, the other teams are in quite deep shit."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:40:03 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2014, 03:48:02 pm »

Auron, team F.

Use dynamic bonus to create a large disc of heat around the incoming sod wave thick enough to affect both standard sod brains and battlesuit sod brains that will non-lethally boil said brains into unconsciousness.

Use my laser on any un-incapacitated targets, both emitters, aiming for shoulder joints.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:01:52 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2014, 03:54:04 pm »

Dubley -Team D heavy weapons

I've got the one on the right.

Pick up the dead sod's rocket launcher. Load a shaped charge. Fire at the melee battlesuit on the right.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

Thaddeus Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

Target the battle suit with the gauss howitzer with the microwave amp. Aim for the cockpit and heat it up by 300 degrees Celsius in a 1 meter sphere.

Thats a big F'ing gun. Imma cook 'im.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »

Team F

Twist the necks of the exoskeleton sods around like a spinning top with my amp.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2014, 04:29:20 pm »

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"He told me 'I've seen it all before...~
I've been there...~
I've seen my hopes and dreams a-lying on the ground...'~"

Shoot whatever hostiles come into Medium range or closer. Stay in cover until an opportunity to do so presents itself.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2014, 04:39:11 pm »

Team A - Team Leader Simus - Control Room

Spoiler: Simus Quicksheet (click to show/hide)

Artillery Orders:

Heavy Artillery fires at the Western Force
2 Mortars fire at the Southern Force
2 Mortars fire at the Western Force
2 Mortars move from position in the West to position in the North, and fire at the Northern Force, if possible
All mortars will prioritize in the order, highest priority to least: Battlesuit, Exosuit Sod, Sod
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:01:50 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »

Seeing the oncoming forces, Lars switched to command chat.  "This is Brother Lars.  Incoming on Bunker 5 from the west- three battlesuits and more besides.  We may need some assistance- one battlesuit has an artillery piece.  Glorious Steve, what kind of gun is that?"

He switched to team chat.  "Open fire, brothers!  Sing bullet-sized songs of Ingram!  May the Shielding Hands of Algis cover us all!  May we move with Vo-nos's speed!  All praises and glory to Almighty Steve, and may Pathmas be ever in our favor!"

Sing battle hymns.  Shoot exosuit sods.  Ask Steve what the big gun is.  Command Sods to start shooting non-battlesuit targets.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2014, 05:16:13 pm »

Team B

Engage enemy forces approaching position. Fire all weapons.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2014, 05:49:33 pm »

Team FFS

((Oh god. I have a sudden aversion to artillery.))
Teal stuffs Morul's head in his backpack, and tosses his equipment into the convenient hammerspace portal which always seems to be open when a character dies.

Shoot shoot sods. If an exosuit is in the blast radius of satchel charge, makegoboom
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:47:17 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 109