Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 208004 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »

Pancaek - Team B - Bunker 4

"Okay, so we've got two battlesuits incoming. I'll try and take care of at least one of them. You guys just...fire. Doesn't really matter what you kill, so long as you're kiling and keep on killing 'till they're all dead."

So, because I didn't actually get to attack last turn I get an exo bonus, yes? Heat a roughly 2 foot sphere in the pilot compartements of the battlesuits by 150. Repeat until they are both dead. If somehow the battlesuits are dead before I get to act/I'm allowed to get in another attack, heat 1 foot 150 degree spheres center mass in exosuit sods.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2014, 06:03:09 pm »

Team G Cassowary, Faith, Bunker 4

"Okay, so we've got two battlesuits incoming. I'll try and take care of at least one of them. You guys just...fire. Doesn't really matter what you kill, so long as you're kiling and keep on killing 'till they're all dead."
"I disagree. Some of those exo sods had mining lasers elsewhere; that's a lot more dangerous than gauss sods. Even the battlesuits aren't that dangerous unless they get close, which between amps and me isn't too likely to be a problem."

Use my microwave amp to char a convenient section of vital exosuit sod bits. Unless those are all incapacitated, in which case roast something that's hostile, in range, still active, and is also not supposedly on our side.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:31:10 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2014, 06:06:13 pm »

Team C, Skylar, Support

(( PW, by 'remote control', do we me Steve-controlled or 'one of us can remotely control it via the suits'? ))
It means we give it orders, but then Steve flies the ships and tries to do what we ordered it to. Doesn't require AUX rolls. By the way, I just remembered you have that MkIII. You can borrow Miya's heavy laser for the duration of this mission, if you want. Or the shard launcher if the laser is too heavy.

Right. Keep your tubes, I can't aim for shit with those. Let's dispose of these guys and go help out the others.

Keep EMM rolling, get into some cover and prepare a charge for sod baking. (dynamic bonus ho!)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2014, 06:07:39 pm »

((It takes them a fucking year to get ready and they send less then a hundred troops at us. Fucking retards.))

Team F

Asplode a battlesuit with the rocket launcher.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2014, 06:11:04 pm »

((They weren't expecting this. We did everything in the past year in secrecy. And this also isn't an actual invasion force. This is what troops were on hand from a force designed around defense.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2014, 06:15:54 pm »

((Plus, they sent 50 shuttles and we're just fighting the remnants.  Assuming 6 troops per, which I think is roughly comparable to the Sword ones, that's 300 troops, many in battlesuits.  Extrapolate that outward and there were probably at least 20 battlesuits to start with.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2014, 06:32:41 pm »

Jack Catar-Team B
Take out the hostile sods
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:32:20 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2014, 06:36:11 pm »

Pancaek - Team B - Bunker 4

So, because I didn't actually get to attack last turn I get an exo bonus, yes? Heat a roughly 2 foot sphere in the pilot compartements of the battlesuits by 150. Repeat until they are both dead. If somehow the battlesuits are dead before I get to act/I'm allowed to get in another attack, heat 1 foot 150 degree spheres center mass in exosuit sods.
((We're dealing with the exosuit sods from the south, aren't we?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2014, 07:22:41 pm »

Team G Cassowary, Faith, Bunker 4

"I disagree. Some of those exo sods had mining lasers elsewhere; that's a lot more dangerous than gauss sods. Even the battlesuits aren't that dangerous unless they get close, which between amps and me isn't too likely to be a problem."

Use my microwave amp to char a convenient section of vital exosuit sod bits.
"true, but really, let's not get all choosy with what we shoot at. Let's all just try and murderfuck every single one of them."

((PW's post says there's 2 battlesuits with them as well.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »

((Oh, read wrong. I'll target one battle suit and you get the other, perhaps?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2014, 08:10:33 pm »

Team FFFFFFFFF
Quote from: Thomas to all Team F Personnel
"Excuse me, I am Thomas Harrison. Sent to reinforce team F. Are there any standing orders?
If we are given orders to move, do so. If not, take up a position near the Sword and scope up on the northern force.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2014, 08:51:12 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint, Bunker 4

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-1

Saint looks up as Faith steps into the bunker.  "Oh, hello Faith.  Welcome to team B's cozy little bunker slash grave.  As Saint notices the incoming forces, he makes an additional comment "Hmm.  Crap.  Hey, Faith, do you mind if I hook you up to the team's targeting HUD?"

As far as my HUD- I intended it to, in order of importance:
A:improve visibility on enemies, making them easier to shoot (especially battlesuits, by highlighting the cockpit and joints)
B:Increase battlefield awarness
C:Organize fire somewhat, by highlighting certain targets more for some people than others so people don't shoot the same things.

Not really sure how that would work in-game though.  Maybe +1 to targeting rolls when enemy has some amount of cover or concealment?  Or an automatic -1 to overshoots?  Whatever isn't OP.

Actual action: -IF- and only -IF- this does not require an AUX roll, load my HUD onto whoever has joined us at bunker 4.  Again, package it with my movement recording software for the bots.

If I don't do that, try and write an addon for whatever I've been using to code that detects when I'm writing too fast/actively, and gives me little math problems to solve and reminders about good coding practices.  Basically, an AUX decompensator that gives -1 when I overshoot on coding things.

Oh, and stay in cover away from the firing slits.

((It takes them a fucking year to get ready and they send less then a hundred troops at us. Fucking retards.))

Team F

Asplode a battlesuit with the rocket launcher.
((I'll just warn you, that rocket launcher will probably have very... underwhelming results, unless it's already nearly destroyed.  It would be far more useful to take out the grunts.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 03, 2014, 09:00:52 pm »

"Kill those damn sods of course! focus on the exosuits, or just shoot the regular ones with your laser."
Action edited. In the future because I'm posting first.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 03, 2014, 09:17:39 pm »

((If you guys insist on attacking the southern battlesuits could you please put in a clause to refrain from finishing them off if i have already incapacitated them?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:05 pm »

Denzel- Team E Leader

"Fire! Take down the battlesuits and exosuits as you can. Sods, target the nearest exosuit-equipped enemies and take them out."

Order the sods to target the most dangerous group of exosuit-equipped enemies. Shoot down the closest group of exosuit sods, or if the sods do so first, target the surrounding sods.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 109