Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207866 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #405 on: March 07, 2014, 05:42:25 am »

Team G Cassowary, Faith

Find someplace relatively safe to hide near the central garden/courtyard thing we started out in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 07, 2014, 08:47:31 am »

Lyra, Team G

Continue to follow Faith around
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2014, 09:57:29 am »

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer/pilot/air traffic controller

Maintain vigil. Query Steve (again).
"Steve, am I right in assuming they'll now try to burn off our defenses and attack from a distance? They're unlikely to send another ground assault, now that they saw we have ships. I'm assuming incoming bombs and missiles we could handle, but kinetic and laser bombardment would be a big problem. If some kind of artillery cruiser decides to blow a hole in our base, how much forewarning would we have, optimistically? Enough for the Black Death to take a shot at them or not, assuming it's kept on hot take-off?"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #408 on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:19 am »

Thaddeus Team D "Marabou" Grunt

Help Denzel with building the barricade. Then Thaddeus will find quiet spot to rest and clear his mind (charge exo bonus)

Im here to help build something we can hide behind boss. Whatcha need me to do?
EXO EXO BARRICADE BARRICADE EXO EXO

Team G "God Damn It" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Ferrying The Wounded

Team G: "Get ready for combat."

Help building any nearby barricades. Prepare to turn EMM at any sign of trouble.
Man, you guys sure love your concrete rubble barricades.

continue drinking and broom usage

Tis better to drink and broom and live to see another day then to win glory building barricades and then being shot.

Team C, Skylar, Support

Bossman, I'm going to stay on the Sword until the next attack, help with the wounded since the doctor is out.

Get my MKIII's fuel topped off, help out fixing people in the infirmary. (( since I believe you said the main medical staff would be out ))

Yeah, fuel topped off. Injured people are being handled. Still, takes them a while since time isn't as abstracted.

Team G Cassowary, Faith

Find someplace relatively safe to hide near the central garden/courtyard thing we started out in.

Behind a tree it is!

Lyra, Team G

Continue to follow Faith around

Behind a faith it is!

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer/pilot/air traffic controller

Maintain vigil. Query Steve (again).
"Steve, am I right in assuming they'll now try to burn off our defenses and attack from a distance? They're unlikely to send another ground assault, now that they saw we have ships. I'm assuming incoming bombs and missiles we could handle, but kinetic and laser bombardment would be a big problem. If some kind of artillery cruiser decides to blow a hole in our base, how much forewarning would we have, optimistically? Enough for the Black Death to take a shot at them or not, assuming it's kept on hot take-off?"

>If it's lasers; get into the aurora. If its kinetic, then we'll slice it up. Just keep in mind that we're only diffusing the impact. You're still gonna catch orbital buckshot. In that case, just try and get the hell out of the area that is effected. Personally I'm more worried about drones. They've seen we have ships and that we can repel ground assaults. Chances are they're gonna try and use automated weapons now.

We have incoming! D7, F4, F9! Kinetic projectiles! And what looks like a cluster of kill drone insertion pods.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 07, 2014, 12:18:11 pm »

Anton Chernozorov, Team G(ötterdämmerung) "Cassowary" engineer/pilot/air traffic controller

"Alright we have incoming, all ships mobilize! Party Wagon, off the ground, intercepting drone pods! Tweedledee, screening the Party Wagon! Tweedledum, assist ground troops! I will move the Cross to defend our airspace. General Milno, I advise clustering our flying infantry units in the vicinity of the Southern Cross. Its point-defense lasers can aid against drones, and its bulk can probably shield people against the fragments of orbital bombardment."

Move the Party Wagon and Tweedledee to intercept the landing position of the drone pods, with Tweedledee ahead and above, screening the Wagon from potential incoming fire. Position them so they can quickly move in and start shooting as soon as the pods land. Let Steve control Tweedledum, having it assist with moving anyone and anything important out of the way of incoming projectiles. Move the Cross towards the nearest predicted point of drone pod landing, similarly keeping "at arm's reach", outside of immediate weapons range but ready to move in and start firing as soon as needed.

Tweedledee and the Party Wagon have orders to fire on all targets of opportunity if there is a chance to intercept pods before they land, or if the drones launch immediately and are within their range.

And of course, all ships (except Tweedledum, as needed) take care to stay out of kinetic bombardment target areas.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:20:05 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 07, 2014, 12:25:10 pm »

Stacy, Team BF Platypus

Be somewhere that isn't being currently bombarded. If I can see a cluster of kill drone insertion pods, try to stay away from those as well.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 07, 2014, 12:40:50 pm »

Team B

Move away from impact zone as fast as possible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2014, 12:50:22 pm »

Team F

Have I eated the sod bodies? If so, run into cover/the tunnels by the bunker.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #413 on: March 07, 2014, 12:52:14 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G

"Bombardment... Come down here and fight us face to face you yellow bastards!"

@Milno:"Sir, suggest we assign a wizard to cast buffs on the catapult. Er, I meant an amp user to shield the laser battery."

Do not do any of the following action if team leader (Milno) objects:

If there are dangerous projectiles heading towards the laser battery and I could do something to help, try to  do that and stop them. Use mining laser, push them with my rockets, fire red mode, punch them with a kinetic punch, whatever it takes.

Else:
Get in the air and start killing enemies with Mining Laser and Violet Mode. Try to stay near the ships and fliers so that we can watch each other's backs.
Also try to focus fire and kill enemies over important targets like the Laser Battery and Sword so that they can't attack them from above.
Give anyone who asks for a ride a ride.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:13:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #414 on: March 07, 2014, 12:57:10 pm »

Team G "God Damn It" - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader

Team G: "Team, we got projectiles incoming so remember you have jetpacks. Avoid the areas of impact without scattering all over the place and prepare for the worst. In case you have an amp or manipulator, get ready to defend vital structures or unprotected allies in case it's needed."

"If you don't have enough time to escape the bombardment areas, then head to the ship indicated by our techie."

Get the hell away from the areas of impact, using the dash system if needed. Also stay the hell away from the kill drones deployment areas.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 07, 2014, 01:08:42 pm »

Team G

Jim ascends using his jetpack and scopes out the area from above. He also tries to stay out of the path of incoming projectiles.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 07, 2014, 01:46:45 pm »

Team C, Grate

After identifying what explosives I got from the sods, keep an eye to the sky. Shoot any sods I see.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:02 pm »

Team G

"Orders confirmed. I'll move to repair any crucial stuff when the bombardment is over."

Stick with the others in the air and be ready for a shitstorm. Stay the hell away from incoming projectiles and most definitely the kill drones. Have Steve give me a report on what needs to be fixed in order of priority.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 07, 2014, 02:47:44 pm »

Team G Cassowary, Faith

Continue to hide behind my tree in the not-zone-of-impact-but-probably-killbot-kill-radius.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2014, 03:17:09 pm »

Team B

Quote from: Thomas to Team B
Would it be okay if I split off and headed to the sword to take up a sniping position? I can stay safer and help the other teams from there, and I'll have a better position to fire from. My rifle is also scoped, so the distance isn't an issue.

Thomas gets out of the way of any incoming death, then heads to the Sword and takes up a firing position.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:52:58 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 109